ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever the spread is for the Orange Bowl. Take Georgia!

Fox2monk

All-American
Jan 23, 2017
Louisville, KY
FSU not only lost Roddemaker, the backup QB to the portal. They will be missing 15 starting players on offense and defense. That includes their QB and top 3 receivers. They already has a hard time scoring. We all know Georgia would dominate anyway. When it comes to depth it’s no contest. Curious if anyone else had seen this.

It's going to be funny when a team has to forfeit a bowl game because they don't have enough players to field a team. It's coming.
I can see FSU doing some sort of that in this game. Might end up as a game of two hand touch in the second half. Maybe a parting shot at the ACC?

It's going to be funny when a team has to forfeit a bowl game because they don't have enough players to field a team. It's coming.
Sounds like FSU already forfeited this one.

They played us short 25 players in the 2007 MCB, but played us tough

Reactions: Fox2monk
FSU not only lost Roddemaker, the backup QB to the portal. They will be missing 15 starting players on offense and defense. That includes their QB and top 3 receivers. They already has a hard time scoring. We all know Georgia would dominate anyway. When it comes to depth it’s no contest. Curious if anyone else had seen this.
I read that FSU wanted to boycott the bowl game because they were left out of the top 4. Now with all their players not playing they will say that they would have beat Georgia. What a Croc, I hope Kirby scores 50!

Transfer portal and 42 bowl games have really hurt the game in general because they don’t mean much anymore other than a couple of extra weeks of practice. I used to look forward to those big time match-ups back in the day but unless I’m bored I normally don’t watch any unless it’s us or a playoff game.

Yes, GA likely wins by a lot BUT I don't even know if I'm going to touch this game now. Usually when everyone screams blowout and how one team will name the score, it's usually closer than it seems. I've been extremely confident in one spread recently and that was UK/UofL basketball. Happy to say I won $600 and would have felt comfortable betting $500+ on that game. This one? I dunno. That's a ton of points, in a bowl game where hundreds have been opting out of bowl games across the board.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Transfer portal and 42 bowl games have really hurt the game in general because they don’t mean much anymore other than a couple of extra weeks of practice. I used to look forward to those big time match-ups back in the day but unless I’m bored I normally don’t watch any unless it’s us or a playoff game.

There's way too much other things to watch on tv than glorified exhibitions. The playoff is exciting and won't ever miss a UK game. I'm the same way with basketball all season as other than UK i just dont care. At least in regular season I watch big college football games.

Exactly how I feel, even Tennessee’s QB is sitting out.

Yes, GA likely wins by a lot BUT I don't even know if I'm going to touch this game now. Usually when everyone screams blowout and how one team will name the score, it's usually closer than it seems. I've been extremely confident in one spread recently and that was UK/UofL basketball. Happy to say I won $600 and would have felt comfortable betting $500+ on that game. This one? I dunno. That's a ton of points, in a bowl game where hundreds have been opting out of bowl games across the board.
Florida State won’t even field a competitive team now with that many opt outs. The wind got let out of their sails and they all gave up. I remember when the Orange Bowl meant something. If that many players sit out that caliber of bowl, what’s next?

Last edited:
FSU right now....

tumblr_p0q9pjmAdJ1qmob6ro1_400.gif

All of the ongoing news updates about opt outs in numerous bowl games are just ridiculous. Not toilet bowl games. Big, major bowl games. Orange Bowl… Citrus Bowl… will just be lame due to player nonparticipation.
I don’t ever recall this many major players sitting out at once. Especially being paid during the season now. It’s crazy.

Thinking they would give Georgia everything they had to prove they should belong, but doesn't look great when 20+ players opting out because they got mad. Maybe they should try beating UofL by 20 points and not make it a whole slugfest next time?

Updated FanDuel lines

Georgia
-19.5 -110 Spread
-1700 Money Line
O 44.5 -105 O/U

Florida State
+19.5 -110 Spread
+890 Money Line
U 44.5 -115 O/U

Serious question. Why would Florida State care about proving they belonged in the playoffs, If they beat Georgia by 50 would the committee go oops, you belong, let's have a do over.

FSU just building in their excuse for the butt whipping they were going to get either way. But now they can stick their heads in the sand and claim it would have been different with a full roster.

I don’t ever recall this many major players sitting out at once. Especially being paid during the season now. It’s crazy.
Watched most of the TAM vs OK St game last night. There were a few nice plays made but for the most part A&M's defense was lost most of the night. They had 9 regulars sitting out, it was embarrassing to a degree. A&M is very close to being a clown show.

Stoops ,whatever the reason, made a smart move by not going there. If his assistants not going saved him then he should buy each of them a car or something.

Serious question. Why would Florida State care about proving they belonged in the playoffs, If they beat Georgia by 50 would the committee go oops, you belong, let's have a do over.
Smartest person on this board, after we were screwed out of the playoff what benefit does our 1st round draft picks get from playing in a meaningless game.

But, but the ACC champs should be in the last four standing, lol..... Said the idiot's who think that, hopefully this game will show the entire nation that FSU is a joke compared to any SEC team with the players UGA has... UGA is just playing with them, lol..........

GBB

It was ridiculous how Vegas had the first half spread at -10.5 Georgia and then Georgia's team total for this game set at 31. It didn't take much to see that Georgia was going to rout Florida State in this game considering their history under Kirby (and even under Richt) of taking weak teams to the woodshed in these big bowls.

Reactions: Fox2monk
At halftime I took the live bet of GA -52.5 and the over 66.5. Hit the spread but missed the over by .5 Game ended with about 10 scoreless minutes.

But, but the ACC champs should be in the last four standing, lol..... Said the idiot's who think that, hopefully this game will show the entire nation that FSU is a joke compared to any SEC team with the players UGA has... UGA is just playing with them, lol..........

GBB
Yeah we weren't a joke at full strength but whatever man

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT