ADVERTISEMENT

What Trent Noah said

I just watched the interview on Youtube and don't want to link because I'm not looking to start
an argument about the interview source but he said, and I think this is verbatim:

"When the opportunity to play at Kentucky opened up it was a no brainer."
Thanks for that post, 1622 ! That's not at all surprising, of course .,.. but it's still very gratifying to know that he actually said it ! ! !
Go 'Cats ! ! !

I just watched the interview on Youtube and don't want to link because I'm not looking to start
an argument about the interview source but he said, and I think this is verbatim:

Another reason I’m glad a former occupant jumped into the hog trough.
Glad the kid is getting a chance to be a Cat, he will be great at KY.

Last edited:

Who gaf who did the interview?
Ksr interviewed him this morning, was it them? Maybe other people would like to see/hear it...

Sounds like Cal didn’t recruit him at all, I’d assume he heard Pope would be open to having him here, as he should have probably been already. Good to have a couple of talented Kentucky boys on the roster again. Especially 2 years in a row that should contribute.

Sounds like Cal didn’t recruit him at all, I’d assume he heard Pope would be open to having him here, as he should have probably been already. Good to have a couple of talented Kentucky boys on the roster again. Especially 2 years in a row that should contribute.
Yeah, from everything he said he'd have picked UK if he'd had an offer. Since tfg never used all 13 scholarships it doesn't seem smart to me.

It is audio only but Trent had a nice local interview earlier today. Search Eastern Broadcasting on YouTube.

It was a nice listen with a local focus many may particularly enjoy.

Link added.

What an OUTSTANDING young man. He's so mature, and respectful. Pope is going to love working with this kid.
Same thing I got out of the interview the kid is an outstanding young gentleman. He’s going to kill it on the court playing for the program he grew up idolizing. He’s just like us and his coach……. Is it OCTOBER YET!!!

He represents the mindset that we need players to have at Kentucky. He didn't say anything about the coach, certainly not saying anything wrong with the coach. He talked about Kentucky. I don't necessarily expect non-UK kids to feel the same way about UK as in-state guys, but I do expect for the university to mean more to them than just a pitstop on the way to the NBA,

It is an honor and a dream for many KY kids, to grow up and play ball.

To make a system that marginalizes those few who could play anywhere and always pick out of state players is just a little bit disheartening. I hope we can build teams that compete with the 5stars....because we are not going back, that has become history. It's a hard lesson to run after the 5stars and promise everything under the sun...only to have fans upset at early exits in the tourney and winnable games that slip through as losses on the season.

I was telling my hubby the same thing
I haven’t been in 20 years. I want to go
We used to camp out at Memorial EVERY year for Madness tickets. Stopped doing it when I had kids, but may have to resume that little tradition.

We used to camp out at Memorial EVERY year for Madness tickets. Stopped doing it when I had kids, but may have to resume that little tradition.

It was so much better in Memorial. I remember being there the year Tayshaun/Jules/Blevins were freshmen and Padgett/Turner/Evans were seniors. I was 16 or 17 and had my jaw wired shut but I didn’t care. Will never forget walking down the concourse after it was over with Queen’s “We are the Champions” blaring over the old sound system.

Wonderful.

It was so much better in Memorial. I remember being there the year Tayshaun/Jules/Blevins were freshmen and Padgett/Turner/Evans were seniors. I was 16 or 17 and had my jaw wired shut but I didn’t care. Will never forget walking down the concourse after it was over with Queen’s “We are the Champions” blaring over the old sound system.
They need this years to be at Kroger Field and have over 50k in attendance

Ok wait a minute now
You’re old enough to have kids????
I remember when my daughter had a crush on you lmao

And, indeed GBB ... equally predictable for any Kentucky high school basketball player -- anywhere from Black Mountain to the Mississippi River, and anywhere from Newport to my hometown 6 miles from the Tennessee state line.
Can confirm. I'm from Barren County which is a ''border county'' close to TN. Everyone here is a UK fan. The UT fans are from TN. I think I've only ever met 2-3 louisville fans in my life.

Kentucky’s best teams have always had a Kentucky boy.
Every one of our title teams, all 8. Have had a Kentucky boy playing a role in some way. Either a stater or key bench player. Rupp's 4 title winners were pretty much all from KY. I think 1 or 2 Ohio guys were on the last team. 1978 Givens and Lee. 1996 Epps. 1998 Mills and Padgett. 2012 Miller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT