ADVERTISEMENT

Football What Ole Miss fans are saying....

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Remember, there will be a lot more talk before Saturday so it's a good time to try the spy on your rival upcharge. Could be fun with the Cats generating a lot of national talk early this year.

OleMissRebelGuy: Don’t like the Zach Evans comment (by Kiffin) at all. We need both badly. Having multiple players at the RB position that good opens up our offense tremendously…

BearShark18:
I still don’t like the crowd comments. Play crap opponents, and you’ll get a poor crowd.

It’s that way everywhere. I know he doesn’t watch many broadcasts of games, but someone needs to explain that to him. Saban complains about the crowd when they play crappy teams too, but complaining about it won’t change it. You’ll have a packed house when you have better games and opponents.

Despite 3* senior QB what position group would you trade Kentucky for?
Dart will be better than Levis his senior year with Kiffin but won't be on Saturday. What other positions are they better? Robinson and Brown look really explosive. Really wish our Robinson and B. Brown would be in the future. I'm assuming most will agree the Rebs have more talent and depth. Will coaching and motivation decide the pivotal game in Oxford? I'm confident the Vaught will do its part on Saturday. It's time for the talent and hype to show out. Win on Saturday and Ole Miss is 7-0 rolling into a Saturday night in Death Valley.

WR...no questions asked

Dart won’t be here his senior year, he’ll be a day 1 pick after next year. Would love to have barion brown which was a rather pathetic recruiting whiff

OL...ours is awful right now

I think they've had some trouble with theirs too

UK fans would trade for ours in second. Theirs has been bad so far

Def WR. If Evans doesn’t play, RB.

Barion Brown and Dane Key would be really nice to have.

Not a damn one. I'm fine rolling with the kids that are suiting up in an OM uniform. There is still 15-20% of the playbook that Lane/Wise hasn't used yet. RBs about to be let loose instead of read options and dive plays. I expect the slot will get some love.

Kentucky has one of the worst OL in the conference... it's their Achilles heel that will prevent them from winning anything big this year.

IDK if our DL is good enough to take full advantage in this game tho.

So most would trade WR room and a few of us would rather have Dart than Levis. If that's the only two spots they have an advantage and we are at home with plenty of motivation and elite coaching we should find a way to get the W. I wish I had more confidence in the defense but I'm not sure we can stop Levis, Rodriguez, Robinson and Brown. Someone convince me how the Rebs can outscore the Wildcats? 15-20% of the playbook saved. LOL. It better be like 75% of the Weis and Kiffin wizardry shared with us on Saturday

Here's to hoping that Weis Jr. and Kiffin decide that the middle of the field is vulnerable to attack for that Kentucky defense. Anthony Richardson and Florida had wide open lanes all day against Kentucky. AR couldn't hit any of the throws, but the plays were there. Time to open it up

Dart hits Mingo or Heath for two 50+ Yard touchdowns on double moves…

Dart rushes for 75 yards and a TD…

Defense scores a touchdown on a strip sack or pick six

All that said… Rebs trail for a majority of the game and tie it late. And win in OT 31-24

I want to believe our offense will basically be the opposite of what has been shown thus far because I don't see us running all over Kentucky like GT. Will we have ANY EXPLOSIVE PLAYS? Like score from far against Arkansas last 11am national game?

If we don't score 35 I don't think we win. Kentucky has too many playmakers to support Levis. Robinson, Brown and Rodriguez are going to shred if the defense doesn't make some adjustments from Saturday.

Florida was in that game in despite of Anthony Richardson. He single handily won that game for kentucky. Wil Levi’s makes some fantastic throws and looks great but has the tendency to overthrow some.

Levi’s got bailed out on a ball that sailed off his players hands and landed in a players hands ten yards behind. Should
Be an interception most of the times. Kentucky got bailed out by a roughing the passer call that changed a field goal possession to a touchdown.

Kentucky’s OL is not good. Florida dominated them up front. Their front seven looks decent but their secondary leaves a lot to be desired. I can not stress this enough, Anthony Richardson gave this game to kentucky. Missed so many open throw. And threw two interceptions. One was a pick six where they weren’t even communication with the WR and the other was right to a rushing DE/LB trying to set up something to the RB in flat. The second interception gave kentucky a possession in the 5 yard line. 14 points for kentucky straight from Anthony Richardson.

Kentucky special teams had an awful night. Bobbled an EXP, ball snapped to
The punter sailed for a safety, and missed 38 yard field goal.

all in all, I was under the impression I would be a lot more impressed with kentucky. They didn’t win this game this just a case of Florida losing the game.

I’m watching it now, currently in the 3rd quarter. Richardson was so bad. Reminded me of Corral 6 INT game against Arkansas right after he torched Bama. Let the media hype get to their heads

Hundred percent, if you have a QB that is even a game manager Florida wins thsi game easily. His performance was horrible.

The Kentucky secondary played well against Florida - I don’t think they are talented per se on the back end but they are well-coached. They are zone heavy so you have to hit some explosives to soften them up, which AR couldn’t do.

The Kentucky OL is seriously bad. I do not fear Rodriguez bc he wouldn’t be what he has been the last 2 years with this line.

Their O-Line isn’t impressive and their secondary is very much vulnerable. Unfortunately our O-Line hasn’t looked impressive and we have receivers struggling with separation

Kentucky likes an ugly game. They want multiple turnovers and chaos. Their d-line is really good which scary considering our o-line has looked less than impressive. Their O-line looked like trash in the first half v. Florida but they ran for over 100 in the 2nd half. Rodriguez is a game changer too. Dart will have to be really good for us to win Oct. 1 hopefully he will.

It's difficult to judge considering we've had two JV opponents so far, but I think our defense matches up really well with what Kentucky does offensively. As long as we establish the run game early with the three-headed monster in the backfield, I like our chances. Also, look at Stoop's record vs SECW opponents on the road... not that great.

Mark Stoops...
I’m not sure if many you recall but the last two times we played Kentucky this guy acted like the biggest freaking baby I’ve ever seen, completely losing his mind and whining for every call…he’s one of the worst in the conference in trying to influence officials. KC needs to make a proactive call to the league office today and hopefully Lane is ready. Trust me, Lane remembers.

If I recall, Stoops literally ignored one of his own injured players on the field and used that to go onto the field and chew out the ref…and later literally chased after the officiating crew. He then bitched all week after we won.

Mark Stoops is a very good fundamental X and O coach.

Interesting fact I saw today. This might have already been posted.

since 2017…
Jimbo: 40-21
Stoops: 42-23

Apples to oranges. Stoops did it at a historical football graveyard. Jimbo did it at a place with top 8 resources in the middle of a recruiting hotbed.

Did you see our o-line Saturday?

Yeah I talked about it a good bit. It’s a problem. Kentuckys offense is in a much more dire situation than Ole Miss’ though. NIU had 5 sacks on Saturday against Kentucky. It’s a recurring theme. Like 63rd in YPP nationally. Don’t run it all that well. Levis is prone to turnovers. It’s not a good offense.

Both defenses match up well against the opposing offenses. I'm worried with our OL against their DL, but if they can hold up, I think we could win by more than 1 score

To add to this , the east has been historically bad these past 5 years. Florida , Tenn, and USCjr have been up and down. Putting Uk as the second best program in the east over that time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News