ADVERTISEMENT

What Mizzou fans are saying after Saturday's game

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
I watched the game with some friends and didn't spend a lot of time on PM. Are we really feeling that negative after that one??? Or is this just another one of those vocal minority type things? Losing sucks but I took a lot of good out of this one.

Don't say your defensive line is the best part of your defense before rolling out the worst defensive line in the SEC.

I think that is a game both teams can be happy with. Sucks to lose but have to give both team’s props.

Did you not realize that the team we were facing was actually really good and most likely will beat Florida for #2 in the East and has a coach who's completely figured out how to run things in Lexington for over 5 years now? Let alone college football in general is all about offense and scoring. We held them when we needed to and forced key turnovers. If you think BO would've kept us in a position to tie that game in the waning minutes you're a total clown and support revisionist history 🤡

Honest question: What was your expectation going in to this game?

How the hell can you be happy with that game if you’re Mizzou D. We’ve given Drink all the right praise, but there is a valid reason to be concerned.

Now see, the problem with your post is, we just watched the defense get shredded last week by Central Michigan. Are they also just an all-world team that's going to go undefeated this year? Lol

Thank god Central Michigan lost their nest RB to an ACL before the season, had two more turnovers , and were like -130 yards in penalties. We're a lot closer to 0-2 than 2-0.

I expected us to get blown out, we did not. Drink has earned every bit of credibility and every word of this is true, we may not have all the pieces to compete for the division yet but we are so close and if we want them to get to the next level the fans have to get to the next level too.

I don't think anybody is abandoning ship. We saw a team with an offense that put us in position to win and will continue to improve. The defense is ridiculous. I didn't think it was possible to be that bad. Until they get the talent they need to gamble with the blitz a lot. I also think the offense needs to practice 4th down situations of 5 yards or less. The way the defense is letting them run through them who cares where we give the opponent the ball they are not gonna stop them.

The Missouri team I watched last night gave some of the best effort I have ever seen by a Missouri team.

Drink is right and has this thing going the right way.

I was very impressed with the crowds I saw at Kentucky and Arkansas. These are our SEC peers and we need to keep up.

There is failure and blame to land on the staff, though. Mostly, the transfer portal. Kentucky, as an example, went out and got immediate impact players at Oline, QB, WR that changed their offense.

We, on the other hand, brought in two D linemen who don't play (or when they do, add no value other than just being bodies). The LB transfer probably went up too many divisions. A O linemen who shouldn't be playing p5. Cooper might be a good player but probably mid to late season. No running back to help Badie.

I love the fight the team showed and it shouldn’t go unnoticed but this season has been an eye opener in regards to our overall lack of talent.

Defensively we recruited like a MAC team under BO and it’s killing us now.

The biggest positive I’ve taken from this year so far is that DRINK is a BIGTIME coach and recruiter.

He will take us to heights we haven’t seen. It’s also ok to say that our D is atrocious and be pissed about it and still be a “fan”.

We took their manhood last year, this year they are claiming it back.

Gross.

Man, losing to kentucky is gross and hopefully last night was the last time we do that for a long time

KY is good this year. They’ve gone all in this year with the transfers and that OC. Gonna be a huge drop off next year unless the OC stays and can get another transfer QB. But they’re good enough assuming we should win because of the name on the jersey isn’t realistic

Kentucky is going to win 8-9 games this year

Why do people think Kentucky is just going to fade away? Stoops has built a pretty solid program there. Let’s see where we are at when Dinkwitz is playing with his players as upperclassmen.

For me it’s been the most frustrating part of our move to the SEC.

After ten SEC games against Kentucky our record is 4-6.

Mizzou should not be losing to Kentucky in football. Drink will get this corrected.

I don’t understand this. We shouldn’t lose to Kentucky based on the multiple Big 8, Big 12 and SEC conference championships over the past 30 years? We are a middling program. We can’t automatically assume wins over anyone.

Lets face it, Kentucky comes into the game thinking they own us, and they are prepared, we were less than prepared at the start, but came around late.

However Kentucky will have to face starting in two weeks Florida, LSU, Georgia and Mississippi State, we are going to see what they are made of at that point, I figure 1-3.

Stoops is their Pinkel.

The hope is we have improved enough in two years, through our recruiting, to win at Kentucky and be more competitive across the board overall. Definitely the idea of it being a marathon and not a sprint applies.

Interesting stat on the 10 catches by Badie.

Yeah that run defense is terrible. That was the focus for the team and we gave up 340 on the ground. Just terrible. I have not been impressed with wilks so far. I get we’re short handed but damn that was like playing auburn in the sec championship game bad

I was impressed we hung in the game. Kentucky was clearly better. We are a few years away but I like the grit in the team

Actually my takeaway from the game is that we’re better than I thought. KY may be the 3rd best team in the SEC. Our skill players can work the edges well enough to compensate for line and I didn’t think they were. I’m not sure how much of the run defense isn’t that communication for gap assessments just hasn’t been worked out. And clearly communication for coverage isn’t truly up to snuff because they are still relying on man more than the personal suited to. But if everyone could just install and run a pattern matching zone in one offseason, Saban wouldn’t be so special

How can you blame Wilks knowing full well that we are outmatched in talent overall and so thin at LB? This team was built on the #40+ type recruiting classes that Odom brought in. And Kentucky's offense is legit.

Doesn't matter if you're Jimmie Johnson if you're driving a Prius.

Kentucky game atmosphere
Night and day better than ours. Felt like a well oiled machine. Felt surprisingly “SEC”. Hopefully DRF was in attendance and taking notes.

Was there I saw her in person. Agree. GREAT atmosphere except no cell service and no in stadium scoreboard stats or scores. Fantastic experience except for our result

Amazing what winning can do. It felt like a high school atmosphere there in 2013.

A little bit different experience when you go to a stadium where the fans expect to win compared to a team where the fans hope to win. We are still in the hope phase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News