ADVERTISEMENT

What is the best tasting single item / ingredient ?

So not like a dish like ice cream, which requires milk AND sugar AND maybe other things.

I nominate honey.
Peanut butter...although not sure if that meets your criteria since multiple ingredients are needed to produce peanut butter. Ever way, still going with that as my answer lol.

Reactions: mailman85
There's really not much to choose from. It seems it has to be sugar, salt or like.. garlic. Onions maybe?

Peanut butter...although not sure if that meets your criteria since multiple ingredients are needed to produce peanut butter. Ever way, still going with that as my answer lol.
It actually doesn’t. If you just mash peanuts into a paste, that’s PB. You don’t need other ingredients. The fact they put all sorts of sugar and fillers in PB is because you don’t buy natural or sugar free. That stuff is gross, real PB is amazingly better than Jif basic PB.

Whoever said sugar, gross. That’s the worst thing you can put in your body.

I’ll go with steak as well with @Get Bucket$

This is a tough one. We’ll done OP.

In order:
- Salt
- Crab/Lobster
- Avocado
- Cream
- Beef/Lamb

Reactions: J_Dee
bacon is an interesting one, because it's not bacon until it's salt-cured, right? Although I guess you could say that bout cheesecake, or ice cream or a lot of things. Bacon just seems more basic than those. And I do love bacon (for years thought someone should open a food truck where every dish, even dessert, has bacon in it).

Reactions: chroix
bacon is an interesting one, because it's not bacon until it's salt-cured, right? Although I guess you could say that bout cheesecake, or ice cream or a lot of things. Bacon just seems more basic than those. And I do love bacon (for years thought someone should open a food truck where every dish, even dessert, has bacon in it).

Seems like a good argument for pork to make the list.

Honey isn’t honey until flower nectar is mixed with a bunch of bee digestive enzymes, so honey is also a processed food. It’s just that the bees do the processing instead of humans.

Point being, if honey counts as an option here then so should other things that have minimal processing like bacon or olives (i.e., things made via basic curing). At least in my opinion.

Hater. If I had to only eat one thing I’d take just steak over fruit, veggies, etc. what would you pick?
Admit I'm not a big steak fan. It's not even in my top 6 meats (bacon, sausage, crab, ham, ribs, chicken).

I feel you and I don’t ever order steak out unless I’m at a legit steakhouse. I’m just saying if I had to survive on one food steak would be it, maybe even bison actually and if shit goes real south offal will work.

I'll stick with my original answer of lobster and crab legs but for a fruit there's nothing more tasty IMO than the pawpaw. Good luck finding them because their shelf life is incredibly short. 2 days, maybe 3. Farmer's markets or a neighbor's yard.

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__images__2014__09__20140915-pawpaws-americas-best-secret-fruit-cutting-board-samara-linnell-f24cff2e4aa7407fad4562af6b374e29.jpg

Reactions: Girthang and chroix
Lobster, crab, strawberries, grapes, oranges, walnuts,

Salt, while not completely tasty, you'd die without it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT