ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Ryan Lemond getting punched at South Carolina ?

College kids talking trash to his group after the game. Then said other things about and to the women in the group. Ryan said he was trying to diffuse and then was picking himself up off the ground. That’s the short version.

He said cops had someone in the group in handcuffs when he realized what was happening and stood up but wasn’t sure if they actually were arrested.
He also wasn’t sure if the guy in handcuffs was even the one that punched him (I sure hope it was). Sounded like he was sucker punched from behind and never saw it coming.

I don't dislike Ryan or anything like that, but by the stories they tell on that show the dude is a crap magnet. He seems to get into trouble by just existing.

He reminds me of my dad. Terrible jokes and always messing with everyone. But he also learned to read the room a long time ago. Poor Ryan hasn't yet.

Reactions: UKMKG
I don't dislike Ryan or anything like that, but by the stories they tell on that show the dude is a crap magnet. He seems to get into trouble by just existing.
Totally agree. But at some point it has to become his own fault.

Reactions: UKMKG
Wasn’t surprised at all when I heard it. For anyone who hasn’t had the pleasure of interacting with USCjr fans….I’ve said it a million times but that fanbase is the worst/angriest fanbase in the SEC.

I’ve been to 2 UK/USCjr games at William Brice. Both times I was there with a small group of SC grads so you’d thinn that would be a semi shield from the rest of the collective trash. I’m a very laid back person that doesn’t draw attention to myself and both times I had multiple groups verbally assault, personally attack, and the generic “sisterFer” type slurs in addition tk 100s of middle fingers in my face and threats to fight….pre game and post game. Had I not been w some guys wearing usc gear stepping in between but instead with a group of other Kentucky fans I don’t believe we would have been able to de-escalate.

Bamas entitlement with Vandys trophy case

I’ve been to every east stadium and half the west….you’ll get barked at or the occasional “F you” once in a blue moon if you’re closer to the college tailgates….but I’ve never consistently encountered the threat of violence for simply existing at any other stadium.

One of my friends got sucker punched at a bar - like Ryan said he didn’t see it coming.

Police were called and best they could charge the dude was 4th degree assault so even if usc dude was handcuffed it’s a small charge and likely nothing comes of it.

USC fans are terrible, worst ive been in. They always want to fight, especially when they win.

I was at a late night restaurant after hitting the bars in Columbia back in the late 00's and my buddy started mouthing off to some college kids. I was basically ignoring it because my friend is an idiot and it's normal for him to mouth off to people. The kids left and my buddy walked outside to say something again. He walked back inside and one of the dudes came running in and hit my buddy square in the forehead. He flew back and his hand hit me in the chin busting my jaw and lip. So there I was - a business professional - showing up for work on Monday with a busted face and messed up jaw. My point is, Columbia is a place where you can get your jaw effed up even when you are minding your own business.

• Angry
Reactions: grevey35
maybe you have should have just helped your buddy out, wuss
  1. We weren't in college; we were in our 30's and I have a real career and a family. I'm not getting in bar fights over nothing to put all that at risk.
  2. My buddy started the entire thing by mouthing off to 20-year olds for no reason. While I like my friend, I was telling him to shut up the entire time becasue he was being an idiot.
  3. Most importantly, there wasn't much to help out. It was just some guys talking trash. Then out of nowhere the dude came in and hit my buddy so hard it busted my face. He was dunzo after that and my jaw was wrecked. One punch took out two guys! Lol. Plus, the dude ran out after he hit him.

1. We weren't in college; we were in our 30's and I have a real career and a family. I'm not getting in bar fights over nothing to put all that at risk.
  2. My buddy started the entire thing by mouthing off to 20-year olds for no reason. While I like my friend, I was telling him to shut up the entire time becasue he was being an idiot.
  3. Most importantly, there wasn't much to help out. It was just some guys talking trash. Then out of nowhere the dude came in and hit my buddy so hard it busted my face. He was dunzo after that and my jaw was wrecked. One punch took out two guys! Lol. Plus, the dude ran out after he hit him.
61dRQxyE0TL.jpg

EVERY fanbase has that 10%. Just like society. They're out there, and everywhere.
Funny, but I had to about punch my own son who was next to me at the UT game. (He's 24, so it's not child abuse, LOL). He spent four years in the Marching Band at UK and kept yelling loud enough for the UT fans around us to hear. "Funny how UT fans don't even know their own school's fight song, they all think Rocky Top is their fight song when it's not! Fake fans!" I was like Dude, you keep that up and I'm banning you from ever using my other ticket.

• Haha
Reactions: WayneDougan
Wasn’t surprised at all when I heard it. For anyone who hasn’t had the pleasure of interacting with USCjr fans….I’ve said it a million times but that fanbase is the worst/angriest fanbase in the SEC.

I’ve been to 2 UK/USCjr games at William Brice. Both times I was there with a small group of SC grads so you’d thinn that would be a semi shield from the rest of the collective trash. I’m a very laid back person that doesn’t draw attention to myself and both times I had multiple groups verbally assault, personally attack, and the generic “sisterFer” type slurs in addition tk 100s of middle fingers in my face and threats to fight….pre game and post game. Had I not been w some guys wearing usc gear stepping in between but instead with a group of other Kentucky fans I don’t believe we would have been able to de-escalate.

Bamas entitlement with Vandys trophy case

I’ve been to every east stadium and half the west….you’ll get barked at or the occasional “F you” once in a blue moon if you’re closer to the college tailgates….but I’ve never consistently encountered the threat of violence for simply existing at any other stadium.
Lol sisterfer. Southerners calling other southerners sisterfers is hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT