ADVERTISEMENT

What are we grilling today?

BC_Wader

Junior
Aug 13, 2021
First off, this isn't National Grilling Day. Take the time to pay respect to our fallen heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice!

I've got a 24 hour wet brined 5 lb pork loin on the kettle. Brining, whether it be wet or dry, is the way to go with chicken or pork. Got a couple apple wood chunks releasing the smoky goodness over a Kinders bourbon peach rubbed hunk o' meat. About 2 hours to get to the sweet spot of 140-145 degrees. It's gonna be good eating around the house tonight. May your smoke be light and your grill temp dialed in.

First off, this isn't National Grilling Day. Take the time to pay respect to our fallen heroes who gave the ultimate sacrifice!

I've got a 24 hour wet brined 5 lb pork loin on the kettle. Brining, whether it be wet or dry, is the way to go with chicken or pork. Got a couple apple wood chunks releasing the smoky goodness over a Kinders bourbon peach rubbed hunk o' meat. About 2 hours to get to the sweet spot of 140-145 degrees. It's gonna be good eating around the house tonight. May your smoke be light and your grill temp dialed in.
I am also a big fan of brining chicken and pork to preserve moisture. It also works well with shrimp but 30-40 minutes is long enough.

Reactions: BC_Wader
Grilled salmon for 4 is on the menu for tonight.

About half and hour before time to fire the grill, I’ll brush 4 salmon filets liberally with lemon-infused olive oil. Then season, again liberally, with Chef Paul’s Seafood Magic. Grill on high for 12 to 15 minutes, or until internal temp hits 145, skin side down.

Will also be making some grilled veggies. Got some petite medley potatoes (a mix of red, golden and purple potatoes). Will cook those in a disposable roasting pan for 25 minutes after coating lightly with oil, and some salt and pepper. Separately I will roast on the grill in a holey nonstick skillet the veggies. Red and yellow bell pepper sliced into small strips, a purple onion cut into eighths and separated into small pieces. And some sugar snap peas. All coated with small amount of olive oil and some crushed garlic. Those will roast on hot grill for about 20 minutes, or until some nice sear marks on most pieces. Veggies and roasted potatoes get combined into a large serving bowl with some chopped chives sprinkled on and mixed in.

Will also be serving up some Mac n cheese (store bought and easily microwaved). A nice red blend wine and a chilled white Riesling will also be on the table. As will some fresh cherries and cut up strawberries to munch on. By 6pm we’ll be dining like royalty.

Two full racks of ribs have been in the smoker for a few hours, they have about two more hours until they are ready.

We're having corn on the Cobb, baked beans, and coleslaw with them.

About half and hour before time to fire the grill, I’ll brush 4 salmon filets liberally with lemon-infused olive oil. Then season, again liberally, with Chef Paul’s Seafood Magic. Grill on high for 12 to 15 minutes, or until internal temp hits 145, skin side down.

Will also be making some grilled veggies. Got some petite medley potatoes (a mix of red, golden and purple potatoes). Will cook those in a disposable roasting pan for 25 minutes after coating lightly with oil, and some salt and pepper. Separately I will roast on the grill in a holey nonstick skillet the veggies. Red and yellow bell pepper sliced into small strips, a purple onion cut into eighths and separated into small pieces. And some sugar snap peas. All coated with small amount of olive oil and some crushed garlic. Those will roast on hot grill for about 20 minutes, or until some nice sear marks on most pieces. Veggies and roasted potatoes get combined into a large serving bowl with some chopped chives sprinkled on and mixed in.

Will also be serving up some Mac n cheese (store bought and easily microwaved). A nice red blend wine and a chilled white Riesling will also be on the table. As will some fresh cherries and cut up strawberries to munch on. By 6pm we’ll be dining like royalty.
We love sugar snap peas. That'd a great menu there my friend.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Two full racks of ribs have been in the smoker for a few hours, they have about two more hours until they are ready.

We're having corn on the Cobb, baked beans, and coleslaw with them.
You a 3-2-1 smoker of ribs? Tried it. Turned out fantastic.

Reactions: 80 Proof

Grilling is only way to do salmon, no left over odors inside.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Pork belly. Better than Boston butt for pulled pork IMO.

I had to cook for the kidos graduation party Saturday. So overnight Friday I smoked 13lb brisket with 2 Butts, then 35lbs of chicken legs, thighs and tenderloins, 40 hotdogs, all the sides a person could cook. I feed bout 80 of us and compared to how many I cook 4 at Cracker Barrel everyday it was a breeze. So today I get leftovers but I made Frozen Minute Maid Lemonade 🍋 with way to much citrus Vodka.

I had to cook for the kidos graduation party Saturday. So overnight Friday I smoked 13lb brisket with 2 Butts, then 35lbs of chicken legs, thighs and tenderloins, 40 hotdogs, all the sides a person could cook. I feed bout 80 of us and compared to how many I cook 4 at Cracker Barrel everyday it was a breeze. So today I get leftovers but I made Frozen Minute Maid Lemonade 🍋 with way to much citrus Vodka.
Wow. Great job. 80 people! Can’t imagine.

IYO- What are the 4 best meals to order at Cracker Barrel?

I was grilled by the police for almost 14 hours. Thing is... She was dead when I got there. They eventually either believed me or wanted me to think they believe me, and let me go.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Wow. Great job. 80 people! Can’t imagine.

IYO- What are the 4 best meals to order at Cracker Barrel?
Breakfast is the grandamas sampler 2 pancakes and 2 eggs and 3 pieces of meat apples or hashbrown casserole, lunch and dinner would be maple bacon chicken breast grilled up with bacon and cheese tomatoe onion relish and two sides, also the roast beef is always tender and finally I would say probably order the Cracker Barrel sampler, its meatloaf and chicken dumplings with three sides. Been cooking there 14 years now. It's how I raised my daughter and undeniably the hardest busiest place to work. 23 bucks a hour to cook like a mad man is not as great as it seems. So cooking for 80 at home is a breeze. Hell I did it in a white shirt without a stain.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT