ADVERTISEMENT

What a BS proprietary algo portal ranking

You would have thought that Kentucky would have been at least in the top 10 but nope.

"This proprietary algorithm determines if a school has improved its overall team talent, stayed the same, or declined in talent during the transfer window.”

"This proprietary algorithm determines if a school has improved its overall team talent, stayed the same, or declined in talent during the transfer window

Well in fairness we had a super duper talented team last year. Hard to upgrade too substantial from that roster talent wise. I'm sure by the pure numbers we probably decreased a little in perceived talent from last year so we would definitely not make a list like this we would have to have several 5 stars etc to break even. I think you might have misinterpreted what it's saying.
Now I do agree if you say we have a top 10 class for sure.

Now coaching is a different story.

There is no question that I'd rather have lower ranked players that fit Pope's system, i.e. that we can run like a finely tuned machine, rather than a bunch of 5 stars who can't play off each other's talents.

Reactions: dckala2
I don’t know why people keep getting so butthurt about Kentucky not being included in any top rankings. We do not have a top-flight roster; hell, we only have seven players at this point. We also have a brand new coach who has never won a tournament game.

I too am hopeful for the future, but some of you need to put down the crack pipe. There is absolutely no reason for us to be Top ____ in anything right now except program instability.

You would have thought that Kentucky would have been at least in the top 10 but nope.

"This proprietary algorithm determines if a school has improved its overall team talent, stayed the same, or declined in talent during the transfer window.”
I think Michigan has probably gotten the better players from the portal. Louisville had nowhere to go but up. Same with Indiana.

The biggest factor is that the portal is inflating the numbers for DJ Wagner, Ugo, Bradshaw, and Adou. They are at or below average players that are rated in the 90s or higher. Joey Hart and Jordan Burks are rated at 88 and 89. The only one on this site that is worth his value is Big Z. I would take what we have gotten from the portal over what we've lost every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I don’t know why people keep getting so butthurt about Kentucky not being included in any top rankings. We do not have a top-flight roster; hell, we only have seven players at this point. We also have a brand new coach who has never won a tournament game.

I too am hopeful for the future, but some of you need to put down the crack pipe. There is absolutely no reason for us to be Top ____ in anything right now except program instability.
I am almost certain we are ranked in the top 10 of most neurotic fan bases in sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT