ADVERTISEMENT

Well Played and Well Coached…..

Well said.

Several things jump out at me in this one. I'll give him credit. He's doing a rather nice job rehabilitating himself this year. Taking some sting out of the previous years for me. Still a long way to go though.

1) I love the new offensive look he's put in there, with a little help from his friends.
2) with the exception of the UNCW game, the team looked well prepared all year long so far. And I'm even willing to give him a pass on that game because the young cats just had a bad game, and that happens with freshmen.
3) He's getting out of his own way, and it shows in several areas.
4) Just getting the BIGS out there and not losing the tempo or spread offensive sets is really nice to see. I credit him for that as well. It's hard to teach, and getting such young players to execute it on the court, even better.
5) It seems to me he's mellowed some, too. Players are responding very favorably to him. At least, it seems that way to me.

He's got this team playing with some really high level energy and hustle out there. Good subbing, good looks on offense, getting this team to get better defensively will take this team a LONG way.

And I think he can do it.

we shall see.
You nailed it. I will add one of the very important differences. The players look like they are actually having fun. Cal isn't taken guys off the court after every mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: westerncat
And the coaching will get worse. That is, unless Cal comes to the realization (before it's too late) that the heart and soul of this team is the ability to spread the floor and run. Spending 25 seconds playing Hot Potato around the perimeter doesn't advance the ball.
Did that happen tonight?

We scored 87 points and got up 72 shots.

serious question not trying to be an ass , but do some people expect perfection?
Those who have never played or coached the game might expect perfection. I expect players to play hard and loose so that they can continue performing at the level that made Kentucky recruit them. In recent seasons, some of the guys looked so beat down that they certainly weren't enjoying the game. Most people don't do their best when they don't enjoy what they are doing.

Reactions: westerncat
Those who have never played or coached the game might expect perfection. I expect players to play hard and loose so that they can continue performing at the level that made Kentucky recruit them. In recent seasons, some of the guys looked so beat down that they certainly weren't enjoying the game. Most people don't do their best when they don't enjoy what they are doing.
I agree but some posters will not allow a coach or player to make any mistake in their eye without wanting them fired or benched

Reactions: grevey35 and LmdCat
Well we know for sure which one you are…

Crying-Baby.jpg
Blocked thanks for posting

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1
I'd like to know the % of posters here are not UK fans. Sheesh. We won. Guess some have to wait to kick their dogs until our next loss.
You have to appreciate the level of banality that prompts a moron to question others' fanhood simply because they express valid concerns which threatened to cost us the game. But yeah, don't bother to analyze, because UK fans are supposed to be airheaded casual knuckle draggers who don't care about HOW the game is played and coached. In fact, why bother to watch the game, if all that matters is that we won? Better to just check the box score and move on with your day, right amigo?

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I thought Cal definitely had the guys ready to play but you have to keep your leads.
Every player on the floor for us played good but I really loved Bradshaw and Theiro tonight.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
4) Just getting the BIGS out there and not losing the tempo or spread offensive sets is really nice to see. I credit him for that as well. It's hard to teach, and getting such young players to execute it on the court, even better.
Since Bradshaw started playing we've maintained the 4 out offensive approach and our tempo ranking keeps increasing. We were ranked in the mid 60s in tempo before him, and now we are in the mid 20s. Everyone said they were scared of Cal slowing it down again but we've actually been playing quicker.

You have to appreciate the level of banality that prompts a moron to question others' fanhood simply because they express valid concerns which threatened to cost us the game. But yeah, don't bother to analyze, because UK fans are supposed to be airheaded casual knuckle draggers who don't care about HOW the game is played and coached. In fact, why bother to watch the game, if all that matters is that we won? Better to just check the box score and move on with your day, right amigo?
Cry about it Matt Damon.

looks like a failure trying to look smart in front of us knuckle draggers

Hey tough guy. I actually watch the games and dive into more than the box score. There are just some folks who seem to bitch just to be bitching because they hate our coach. I call 'em like I see 'em. I wasn't pointing at any particular one person. It seems I struck a nerve with you. I enjoyed the win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT