ADVERTISEMENT

We are reaping what we have sown.

We will be fine. This program will be fine. We will find a good coach, we just need to be a bit more patient. A great coach isn't afraid of the support UK has.
I whole heartedly agree. I am, in fact, excited that SD turned us down. I don't think he was a solid fit, I wasn't sold on his tournament success, and felt he would get eaten up by our "fanatics". It was more than time to get a new coach, and believe this is the thing we needed to move forward to the home-run.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
The Kentucky brand has become tarnished.
And it wasn’t because of wins, losses or tournament results…
Our program has become too hostile, too indignant and too entitled for any top tier coach to tackle.

I’ve been a Kentucky fan for over 50 years, and I don’t recognize our fans and program anymore.
We had class, we appreciated basketball history and we knew the game better than any fans in the nation… we respected the game and the coaches and players that sacrificed…
Now we are bitter, ugly…and old.
Here's my thoughts: The brand isn't what it used to be, no doubt about it. The brand didn't used to have losses to Oakland and St. Peter's. The brand didn't use to lose every SEC-T game for 4 years. The brand used to have wins over Duke and Kansas. The brand used to make deep NCAA-T runs. The brand used to have 30 point dynamic wins over inferior teams, unlike UNC-Wilmington. The brand isn't what it used to be, completely agree

Fans have probably always been divided though. Fans have always fought and debated and disagreed. Rupps Rafters, aside from quality posters and serious threats, is a clown-show. Dudes on here are trolls. Dudes are internet tough guys. Dudes are soft with their "ignore" buttons because they can't handle being proven wrong. But it's always been like that - whether in person or on message boards

The brand is fine. The leadership is not. No way you let this much info get out unless your guy says yes. Every no costs us more money to get to our eventual yes.

There is nothing wrong with having a 9 mil dollars man winning BB games and going to the FF 4, Cal from his first day here was to get players to the NBA after one year we had become the U of Calipari now after he is gone maybe we can become UK again. I was hoping Drew was coming here, let remember it was only a couple weeks ago that Cal made all kinds of promises how great next yr was going to be then the liar is now at Ark.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
I'm fine with the high expectations, but the overall negativity is unbelievable at times, some people just can't deal with reality.
The game has changed, we don't want the one and done, but were fine paying players to transfer for 1 year.

Our program has become too hostile, too indignant and too entitled for any top tier coach to tackle.

I’ve been a Kentucky fan for over 50 years, and I don’t recognize our fans and program anymore.
We had class, we appreciated basketball history and we knew the game better than any fans in the nation… we respected the game and the coaches and players that sacrificed…

Suicide watch for you?

Reaping defensive stands and offensive sets. Count me in!

Fans are justified in being pissed off because a 8 million dollar/year narcissist prick coach wouldn’t do obvious coaching moves to have better success. Enough of that crap. There are grandmothers out there that knew things he should’ve been doing and wouldn’t.

0.jpg

For someone who has been around for 50 years you sure don't remember much. UK has always been this way. He'll the state legislature passed a LAW to get rid of Rupp. The fans pretty much screamed for Joe B's blood the entire time he was here except the year he won it. Remember the Sutton years,obviously you don't making the statements your making
The only thing that's changed about our fans is the internet. I will be so grateful when all you Cal nut huggers are gone.

Kentucky fans were every bit as demanding 50 years ago as they are today. Poor old Joe B. Hall was catching flak here before I was even born. It goes with the territory if being an elite program. Only that sort of fire and passion can keep a program elite.
Social media magnified it for sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT