ADVERTISEMENT

We Always Get Everyone’s Best …..

That is not because we are getting their best. That is because of bad defense. And poor rebounding. Both leave wide open shooters.
Rebounding and defense are big. But I think playing above their level is a real psychological as well as physiological thing with SEC teams and UK. It's a function of excitement, being hyped up, or whatever you want to call it; but particularly for many of the traditional SEC teams they looked at beating UK as a measure of a successful season. And UK is still circled on their schedules by the players as well as the fans. But I think it’s also a physical thing and a function of adrenaline. Adrenaline causes the mind to focus on what’s immediately going on. I think it’s a big reason why teams start so well against UK and why players in general seem to be able to drill so many long range bombs at the end of games. BUT… the downside is relying on adrenaline sometimes has a cost – it tires you out quicker.

A&M will probably lose their next 3 against weak
Competition. We didn’t play well. Defensive breakdowns all over. Allowed AM to have their way on the offensive glass. Sheppard and others missing free throws.

Apparantly we've moved into "hire a celeb to pump up the crowds" phase.

Why those guys would even go to a home TAM game when TAM isn't ranked is laughable. Someone at that program called in some favors.

That is not because we are getting their best. That is because of bad defense. And poor rebounding. Both leave wide open shooters.
LSU didn’t even guard them at 3 and they couldn’t hit the rim, they just shot out there ass and that won’t happen again this year they will finish below 500 in sec play

Reactions: howercat
We give them their best. There's only so many times you can say this before you have to start looking at D and rebounding.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Rebounding and defense are big. But I think playing above their level is a real psychological as well as physiological thing with SEC teams and UK. It's a function of excitement, being hyped up, or whatever you want to call it; but particularly for many of the traditional SEC teams they looked at beating UK as a measure of a successful season. And UK is still circled on their schedules by the players as well as the fans. But I think it’s also a physical thing and a function of adrenaline. Adrenaline causes the mind to focus on what’s immediately going on. I think it’s a big reason why teams start so well against UK and why players in general seem to be able to drill so many long range bombs at the end of games. BUT… the downside is relying on adrenaline sometimes has a cost – it tires you out quicker.
I get that, but you cannot be a contender unless you win games like this and we are just too soft on D and rebounding. The more worrisome thing is we have gotten big guys back and we are not improving.

Reactions: G-PIP
aTm was playing for their season. And they got it done. UK played like garbage. This was predictable.

1) Coming into this game A&M was 346 out 351 in 3-point %, they hit 12 today. Many of them and many other 2’s they made were very tough shots. I told my daughter, they won’t hit 12 in their next 2 games combined.

2) They don’t care about basketball. The arena was BARELY half full. Before the last 4 minutes of the game, the loudest it got in there was when they introduced the new football coach.

They've played 20 points over their heads. I knew when I heard about Taylor's very bad shooting last game that we'd get his best.
Taylor and Radford were a combined 5-37 their last 3 games coming in to today. Of course today they go 9-19. Taylor was 6-13 and has had a couple of good shooting games this year so while not the norm it’s also not unprecedented. I thought a lot of their 9 made 3’s were tough makes as well, not necessarily just poor defense giving them wide open looks as we did Harris with KU earlier this year. We did enough to win in regulation but OT we didn’t have anything left it looked like. Just a lot of poor play and bad shots in OT.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Lot of blame to go around, but when it comes down to it, you just CAN'T have a turnover like Dilly and Wagner had during the last 28 seconds of a tie game. Why is Reed not handling the ball there?

Lot of blame to go around, but when it comes down to it, you just CAN'T have a turnover like Dilly and Wagner had during the last 28 seconds of a tie game. Why is Reed not handling the ball there?
Probably because Rob had just hit 3 crazy 3s to get us back in it .

Would have been better off having Reed handle the ball and let Dilly get some screens for an open shot. Not just try to go one on one. Or Wagner could have drove it and kicked it out to Reed or Dilly.

Reactions: Ugoff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT