ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Texas today and...

BLUEDOUG46

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 4, 2012
They are really, really good. If anyone should be pissed about not getting in the final four its them. They are soon to be 12-1 with a flat out smacking of Bama. I get it Bama had not found their QB yet, but Texas was by far the best team that day. Say Florida state beats the cards today, do you take a 12-0 team with a third string QB over a one loss team in Texas that would definitely compete better. I know the answer and its florida state and probably rightfully so. I cant wait for this thing to go to 12 teams because a team like Texas does deserve to be in the mix with a chance to win it all. I am not Texas fan at all, just a fan of fairness. BTW.. I am NOT looking forward to our trip down there next year. I think we have the athletes to compete, I am not sure we have the defensive scheme to slow down these top Big 12 offenses. Hope I am wrong!

They are really, really good. If anyone should be pissed about not getting in the final four its them. They are soon to be 12-1 with a flat out smacking of Bama. I get it Bama had not found their QB yet, but Texas was by far the best team that day. Say Florida state beats the cards today, do you take a 12-0 team with a third string QB over a one loss team in Texas that would definitely compete better. I know the answer and its florida state and probably rightfully so. I cant wait for this thing to go to 12 teams because a team like Texas does deserve to be in the mix with a chance to win it all. I am not Texas fan at all, just a fan of fairness. BTW.. I am NOT looking forward to our trip down there next year. I think we have the athletes to compete, I am not sure we have the defensive scheme to slow down these top Big 12 offenses. Hope I am wrong!
It's why you better start worrying about scoring and not defense.

It would be so funny of the 4 CFB playoff semis is Georgia vs Texas, Michigan vs Washington. All SEC and all Big 10.

Reactions: 23jumpboy
I don't believe for a second that if someone gave you a $10,000 free bet on a game between Alabama and Texas straight up that anyone would take Texas.

Reactions: secrules3
I don't believe for a second that if someone gave you a $10,000 free bet on a game between Alabama and Texas straight up that anyone would take Texas.

Of course not but Texas beat them head to head.

If Alabama wins the committee is gonna be crapping bricks.

I'd say in that scenario 1. Michigan 2. Washington 3. Texas 4. Alabama.

Sucks to be uga in that scenario and if fsu is undefeated will cause drama too.

Best case for committe is uga and UL win today. Makes it easy.

Reactions: Glenn's take
If I am choosing FSU doesn't even smell the playoffs. The ACC is a terrible conference and they have some serious QB woes.
All hail the mighty Alabama who needed a miracle to beat 6-6 Auburn, beat a 4-8 Arkansas by 3, struggled with USF, and lost by double digits at home versus Texas.

Bama has no argument ahead of Texas and they have no argument ahead of three undefeated teams.

All hail the mighty Alabama who needed a miracle to beat 6-6 Auburn, beat a 4-8 Arkansas by 3, struggled with USF, and lost by double digits at home versus Texas.

Bama has no argument ahead of Texas and they have no argument ahead of three undefeated teams.
People talk about Alabama because they are outright better than FSU. Who has FSU played this year anyway. Is Louisville the second ranked team they have played all year long?

FSU will probably make the playoffs and they will get absolutely ROLFMAO destroyed. Enjoy your national embarrassment.

Reactions: Seakat311
People talk about Alabama because they are outright better than FSU. Who has FSU played this year anyway. Is Louisville the second ranked team they have played all year long?

FSU will probably make the playoffs and they will get absolutely ROLFMAO destroyed. Enjoy your national embarrassment.
FSU handled LSU pretty easily in the early part of the season. Best Clemson, also. Not a super tough schedule but, using the eye test (assuming their QB was healthy), they were no worse than top 5 or 6 all year long. Now...not so sure with backups at QB.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
FSU handled LSU pretty easily in the early part of the season. Best Clemson, also. Not a super tough schedule but, using the eye test (assuming their QB was healthy), they were no worse than top 5 or 6 all year long. Now...not so sure with backups at QB.
I don't disagree really. I think FSU is pretty good, but they are without their QB. That and if they had to play a murderous schedule like an SEC team does they would not be undefeated.

I’ve said it many times but the Bama homers on here are ridiculous. Their success is not your success. Their fans think so little of you and so does Georgia. These teams don’t root for you in basketball. Why do you slurp them? What other group of fans cheer for an entire conference?

No one does it in college basketball or any pro sport. Do you think UNC cheers for Duke to win cause they’re from the ACC? Even with contenders in the same conference, do you think LSU is rooting for Bama to win it all?

Does Vanderbilt get to pound their chest over a UK national championship in basketball?
I have never understood that either. I didn’t miss an ncaa bb tournament game for years and have heard about every SEC team cheer like hell against us

Reactions: dlh331
The final four will be:
Washington
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia

Texas has a legit complaint but there is no way the committee is going to leave out the SEC Champ, nor a one loss Georgia that has been ranked #1 all year. I think UofL beats FSU who will probably be playing their 3rd string QB so that argument will be nixed.

As the replay shows the football go right thru the Tulane receiver's hands in the endzone, the announcer says "this (SMU) defense, rock solid as they've been the entire game".

• Haha
Reactions: bluecoon1
I’ve said it many times but the Bama homers on here are ridiculous. Their success is not your success. Their fans think so little of you and so does Georgia. These teams don’t root for you in basketball. Why do you slurp them? What other group of fans cheer for an entire conference?

No one does it in college basketball or any pro sport. Do you think UNC cheers for Duke to win cause they’re from the ACC? Even with contenders in the same conference, do you think LSU is rooting for Bama to win it all?

Does Vanderbilt get to pound their chest over a UK national championship in basketball?
Bama or Georgia would kick the shit out of FSU, that's not slurping it's just stone cold facts. FSU has been garbage for the last 20 years. Hell Louisville probably beats you tonight and we just kicked their ass on their home field. FSU doesn't deserve to get in. They will get their asses waxed by anyone else in the Championship. Fact.

Reactions: FirewithFire
The final four will be:
Washington
Michigan
Alabama
Georgia

Texas has a legit complaint but there is no way the committee is going to leave out the SEC Champ, nor a one loss Georgia that has been ranked #1 all year. I think UofL beats FSU who will probably be playing their 3rd string QB so that argument will be nixed.
No way they put both Georgia and Alabama in won’t happen.
Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU Georgia Alabama fighting for 1 spot

Reactions: bluecoon1
Alabama in over Texas means the games don't matter. The 2023 season is all that matters. Not the last decade. This season alone. Texas won the head to head on the road and that should mean something.
Alabama's response to that would be they beat the team that was undefeated and #1 all year.
Also they could argue teams aren't the same all season, some get better, some get worse some stay they same. Do you want the 4 teams that are the best Right Now? Same argument could be used to pass on FSU if they win, they aren't same same team without their QB now.

Alabama's response to that would be they beat the team that was undefeated and #1 all year.
Also they could argue teams aren't the same all season, some get better, some get worse some stay they same. Do you want the 4 teams that are the best Right Now? Same argument could be used to pass on FSU if they win, they aren't same same team without their QB now.
And this is why college football has the worst playoff system. Need to take the committee completely out of it. Only let the super conferences play each other. Get rid of the feeebie games. Than it would be decided by wins and losses only. No lobbying for bids in a playoff.

No one in the country thinks FSU has a playoff chance without Travis. No one. Meanwhile, there are teams not in the discussion that people would give a chance. That is criteria enough to pick UGA, Texas, or Bama over FSU.

It would truly suck to kick fsu out….the 2nd team Qb is actually not terrible.

Texas has to get in over Bama….plain and simple. You can’t argue a head to head win at Alabama isn’t as real since Milroe wasn’t as good first part of year

It sucks as sec bear each other up …..but this is why expansion of playoffs will fix this later../but it might have to exclude sec this year

Reactions: ChicagoCat1990

I have never understood that either. I didn’t miss an ncaa bb tournament game for years and have heard about every SEC team cheer like hell against us
No one in the country thinks FSU has a playoff chance without Travis. No one. Meanwhile, there are teams not in the discussion that people would give a chance. That is criteria enough to pick UGA, Texas, or Bama over FSU.
They never had a chance WITH him either

Reactions: shano

They got it right. Florida State was would have got their ass kicked even with Travis. Thank God common sense prevailed.

Bama or Georgia would kick the shit out of FSU, that's not slurping it's just stone cold facts. FSU has been garbage for the last 20 years. Hell Louisville probably beats you tonight and we just kicked their ass on their home field. FSU doesn't deserve to get in. They will get their asses waxed by anyone else in the Championship. Fact.
FSU smacked LSU this year. Had they made it with a 3rd string QB yes they would get smacked which is why the system kept them out. With Travis healthy they would have competed, their D is for real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT