ADVERTISEMENT

Was it actually a turnover?

Jun 29, 2018
When Reed threw the long pass that resulted in a foul called on Reeves (for protecting himself), the MSU guy didn't actually possess the ball. He was fouled going for the steal. So, is that technically a turnover? I guess, because it resulted in a loss of possession, but is that the way they decided that?

Reactions: Fox2monk
When Reed threw the long pass that resulted in a foul called on Reeves (for protecting himself), the MSU guy didn't actually possess the ball. He was fouled going for the steal. So, is that technically a turnover? I guess, because it resulted in a loss of possession, but is that the way they decided that?

I don't know but Reed is going to be in the middle of it towards the end of every game going foward and needs to stop having those inexpicable brain farts.

It was a Dillingham type of decision that Reed made. it could have been a great play for an easy score if it worked like Dillingham sometimes takes the no-no-no-yes shots. But, there was no reason at all as he could have called a time-out if he was trapped. Did Cal discuss that during the time-out, "Hey guys if you are pressed we have 2 left, etc.?"

Did Cal design a press breaker? Most middle school teams have three or four different ones.

Did Cal design a press breaker? Most middle school teams have three or four different ones.
Reed had 2 guys open to his left 10 o’clock.

Z was wide open. I think Reed was trying to force the ball to Reeves.

Alls well that ends well. They’ll use that end of game film!

Shep had a great game, but no way to justify that pass or foul. Reeves accidentally took MSU player’s legs out which is foul every time regardless of possession.

Yeah regardless of what it's technically called, it wasn't a smart pass. I see what Reed was angling to do, a lot of times he can make those passes, but in college, you run into faster and longer athletes who can pick those.

Was it acually a foul on Reeves?
I believe they called it that way , but on replay it looked like the MSU crashed into AR , not vive versa , bad pass for sure , but I'm not sure Ar had a legit chance to help his buddy out by going after it ., he got way-layed' and they called the foul on him ... my wife doesnt pay too close attention , she says " did they really call that on us " ?

I believe they called it that way , but on replay it looked like the MSU crashed into AR , not vive versa , bad pass for sure , but I'm not sure Ar had a legit chance to help his buddy out by going after it ., he got way-layed' and they called the foul on him ... my wife doesnt pay too close attention , she says " did they really call that on us " ?
To be fair the MSU player went for the ball. Just like in football both the offensive and defensive players have a right to the ball. If Reeves would've just jumped for the ball he'd of gotten the ball or call most likely. I know you know this so I'm just posting it for others.

Reactions: ManitouDan
To be fair the MSU player went for the ball. Just like in football both the offensive and defensive players have a right to the ball. If Reeves would've just jumped for the ball he'd of gotten the ball or call most likely. I know you know this so I'm just posting it for others.
But if there is a loose ball and I just stand there (or jump straight up), and to come grab the ball you get it first and then run me over, that is a charge, not a foul on me...

But if there is a loose ball and I just stand there (or jump straight up), and to come grab the ball you get it first and then run me over, that is a charge, not a foul on me...
That's not what happened though. Reeves didn't go after the ball. He started to and then braced for impact.

Should have been a foul on them and Reeves going to the line.

It was either a foul on them or a no call.

I think the issue was a near 10 seconds and also UK has learned you want Reed shooting FTs down the stretch so he wasn't wanting to give it up. He realized it was almost 10 seconds and tried to get it to the 2nd best option in Reeves.

MSU was ballsy to not foul and I think it surprised Reed they didn't foul him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT