ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale Robinson commits to Kentucky!

You guys finish 4 8 you still think he's considered hottest young coaches? Give me a break. So the last year you guys was relevant was when Wandale was like 8 years old. Your fanbase is delusional and spewing shit with no proof we will defend are team on a UK msg board all day.

It's a message board where all kinds of shit gets spewed. That should be expected. But yes, the fact of the matter is 4-8 would be better than if we would have continued with Mike Riley. Frost is recruiting well, and we probably have the best freshman QB in the nation, so yes, we are on the uptick. I'm not claiming NU is anywhere near a title, but there is hope for us. Thanks for the conversation.

Your fanbase slandering are staff started it so eat a turd. Good for Nebraska But UK stacked with talent on both lines we will still be really good for the foreseeable future. We will see how the classes stack up side by side at years end.

Our. I won't eat a turd, as I am more into drugs, living in my van.

I hate to get away from the hatred between the two fanbases but what was the reason for the Riley hire? It seemed odd at the time.

I think NU fans still ask that question. The AD at the time was a weird guy that did things his own way. After having Pelini, I think they wanted to go a total opposite direction. I think they thought because Riley could get some decent production out of really low ranked guys that they thought he might be good at Nebraska where he would get better talent and elevate that above average talent to decent levels. The fact was the 4 star guys actually regressed, and he just never worked out. Also, the AD had a hard on for the D-Coordinator Diaco, and was trying to have him as coach in waiting. Diaco would have been a fail as well. It was all a really weird situation, and most of our blunders in football for the past 17 years have been related to our AD's. There is probably more to the story, but those are some of the cliffs.

As your know, AD's can make some stupid decisions.

Nebraska hasn't been good in decades? We played in the Big 12 title game in 2009 & 2010, and the Big 10 title game is 2012. We also have the hottest young coach in CFB. Are we a powerhouse right now... No. But we are on the upswing, and currently have a better recruiting class per the rankings right now than UK. Take your shots all you want about Nebraska, as we probably deserve them, but let's not act like Kentucky football is anything great. Congrats on your good year so far, but lets see if you are able to sustain success. UK football talking smack about NU football is like NU basketball talking smack about UK basketball. Good luck with the rest of your season, and a good get with Wandale. He should be a stud at the next level.

There wouldn't be any need for "smack" talk if your fan base hadn't corroborated a baseless rumor to slander a high school kid on his choice to stay for his hometown school. No Kentucky fan believes the program is anywhere near Nebraska--it's not really something we're propping ourselves up on.

What's sad is that a fanbase like Nebraska's has so much pent-up frustration about a piss poor season, they rationalize/deflect all the negative emotion on a commitment that didn't go their way. That's absolutely pathetic. A program of your calibre shouldn't resort to tantrums and conspiracy theories over a recruit. If you want a seat back at the table of college football's elite, that's the exact opposite way a fanbase and program should act. Pathetic.

There wouldn't be any need for "smack" talk if your fan base hadn't corroborated a baseless rumor to slander a high school kid on his choice to stay for his hometown school. No Kentucky fan believes the program is anywhere near Nebraska--it's not really something we're propping ourselves up on.

What's sad is that a fanbase like Nebraska's has so much pent-up frustration about a piss poor season, they rationalize/deflect all the negative emotion on a commitment that didn't go their way. That's absolutely pathetic. A program of your calibre shouldn't resort to tantrums and conspiracy theories over a recruit. If you want a seat back at the table of college football's elite, that's the exact opposite way a fanbase and program should act. Pathetic.

I don't disagree, but do you really expect anything different on the internet? If you can be anonymous and say dumb shit, you will do that. I agree with you, that people got out of control, but that is just the world we live in right now.

Reactions: Mojocat
Very good pick up! We really need some more difference makers on offense. Crumes, Tisdale and Robinson bring some much needed speed onto the field.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Getting Robinson's commitment is big for Vince Marrow's rep as an impact recruiter. I expect JJ Weaver to pick UK at the end of this month. Marrow is the man.

Lynn Bowden's success must have impressed Robinson.

I don't disagree, but do you really expect anything different on the internet? If you can be anonymous and say dumb shit, you will do that. I agree with you, that people got out of control, but that is just the world we live in right now.

I don’t disagree with that sentiment, but the reddit page for you guys is shocking. I guess I’m used to the CFB sub reddit, which is usually pretty tame in comparison. I’m curious to learn more about this Jim Rose character as well, since he seemed to be the one to break this rumor.

Reactions: morgousky
Your fanbase slandering are staff started it so eat a turd. Good for Nebraska But UK stacked with talent on both lines we will still be really good for the foreseeable future. We will see how the classes stack up side by side at years end.

UK will at best be 3rd/4th in the SEC east for a long time to come, so enjoy this year while it lasts.

Reactions: fabcat
Nebraska hasn't been good in decades. We're 7-1 and have got better each and every year under Stoops. We're playing for the SECE Saturday. Nebraska is 2-6. If I was a recruit, I'd pick UK over Nebraska 10 out of 10 times. This isn't 2001. And the funny this Stoops was on the 2001 Miami Hurricanes who beat Nebraska in the National Championship Game.
Nebraska hasn't been good in decades? We played in the Big 12 title game in 2009 & 2010, and the Big 10 title game is 2012. We also have the hottest young coach in CFB. Are we a powerhouse right now... No. But we are on the upswing, and currently have a better recruiting class per the rankings right now than UK. Take your shots all you want about Nebraska, as we probably deserve them, but let's not act like Kentucky football is anything great. Congrats on your good year so far, but lets see if you are able to sustain success. UK football talking smack about NU football is like NU basketball talking smack about UK basketball. Good luck with the rest of your season, and a good get with Wandale. He should be a stud at the next level.
Kentucky is a better football program than Nebraska right now. Can’t see anyone arguing otherwise. The SEC is also the best conference by a wide margin.

Nebraska has never won an NCAA tournament game so obviously no one on your side could talk smack.

Women’s volleyball is your trump card. Embrace it.

It's a message board where all kinds of shit gets spewed. That should be expected. But yes, the fact of the matter is 4-8 would be better than if we would have continued with Mike Riley. Frost is recruiting well, and we probably have the best freshman QB in the nation, so yes, we are on the uptick. I'm not claiming NU is anywhere near a title, but there is hope for us. Thanks for the conversation.
Relax. We have fans that think every team but ours suck. Frost will do great things there. You won’t ever be what you used to, but he’ll definitely get you to where you occasionally compete for conference championships.

UK will at best be 3rd/4th in the SEC east for a long time to come, so enjoy this year while it lasts.
Why are you here? Your teams suck in BOTH basketball and football. That has to hurt. No wonder your loser ass is on here trying to cheer yourself up.

Look, your football program will never get back to even close to what it used to be. First of all, you don’t have Tom Osborne paying a bunch of brothers to come play in Lincoln Nebraska. Now that Frost has to play it straight, those brothers have a lot better options than Nebraska. Scott will get you competitive most years, but I wouldn’t expect much better than that.

Last edited:
Congrats UK big pick up, thats 2 big wins this week.
Good luck against UGA, I bet theyll at least get a first down in the second half this week, but your D is for real.

Reactions: bluecoon1 and kev69
Nebraska fans have become unhinged. Football is really all they have in that state I guess?

Really sucks because I've always rooted for them to get out of this funk their program is in but I'm not too sure they could handle it if they did.

Edit: and it's not all of their fans, some are being classy. Props to them and good luck.

Friend of mine a FSU just called me and congratulated me on Robinson’s commitment. Hadnt heard it before he called. Best phone call I received today. Great news

Dude it’s your people accusing us of buying Robinson. So don’t come over here with your past history crap. We didn’t bring it to you. It’s your people who brought it here. BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE.

UK football talking smack about NU football is like NU basketball talking smack about UK basketball.
No it's not. We have a basketball championship in the past 20 years and are currently ranked in the top 10 in football. Nebraska can't say the same about the opposite sports...

Thanks for the corn though, bro. Makes great bourbon.

I expect better whether it’s internet or whatever. To come on our board and accuse us of buying a kid 30 miles from Campus will cause our fan base to strike back. Can’t blame them. And no one is even bringing up the Osbourne years and the. I will leave it at that.

Nebraska fans are the only ones who look bad, but I don't think they care. Wandale is aware of the allegations and even retweeted the director of recruiting for rivals who asked people to stop saying the Robinson family was paid.

Would rather be 3rd or 4th in the SEC than 10th-12th in the Big 10. Not sure why all of sudden Cornhuskers fans over here taking shit about our program.

Just A note to the butt hurt Nebraska fans. Kentucky has in place and may be the only one or at least the head of the class when it comes to compliance. We have Sandy Bell and her chosen Assistant who each one over sees our Men’s Football ans Baskeball programs. Our coaches have these compliance people that came from the NCAA compliance departments to oversee our programs where our coaches can go do their jobs and stay within the rules. Now all you just go back home and leave us alone if all you have to do is bring that weak shit over here. Because it’s a waste of time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT