ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner

Got to the basket at will today
He does this most games and is still under appreciated. He's the ying to Reeves/Rob/Reed's 3 point shooting yang. Makes it very hard to guard the offense.

And people should probably realize now that running a weave at the top to get Wagner a mismatch so he can get to the rim is a legitimate play call and not everything has to be a complicated play that creates an open 3.

ONE turnover the entire game for him ????

Is that right ?

goodness. in that environment, of all places.

this team just keeps growing on me every game. in the best way possible !
That’s why I was so mad everyone was on Wagner early on, you can tell the kid is a dog. He wants to win and he brings it to this team. He’s huge for us every game.

He still is bashed by the blind on here apparently. Someone in the game thread said DJ has been bricking all game while Reed is on the bench .

DJ was 1-3 at the time
No matter what him and Edwards will do every game, they will be the go to bashing sticks of posters on here who over react 6 minutes into the game.

He’s quietly been improving as the season goes on. My concerns with him in the early season were that he was such an unreliable 3 point shooter that teams would just sag off of him and take away the drives, and that he was forcing some of his attempts inside the arc. He’s now up to 31% from 3, which isn’t setting the world on fire, but is enough for defenses to respect, and his decision making and finishing ability inside are coming along nicely. He had a really good game today.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Got to the basket at will today and made huge plays when they needed. He’s another player fans were bashing. He’s now shut all those people up with his great play.
For a freshman PG, who's just played his first conference game, on the road, no less and only has 1 turnover in a rough and tough game is a blessing, if your a true UK fan. There's not a team in the country that wouldn't love to have a winner/dog like him. He's only going to get better as the season progresses.

Here’s what Cal said in his postgame press conference. Just wonder why he feels the need to tell the team and the media this?
“As we were playing the second half I told the guys, just so you know Tre and DJ will only sub when they feel like coming out.”

ONE turnover the entire game for him ????

Is that right ?

goodness. in that environment, of all places.

this team just keeps growing on me every game. in the best way possible !
Yeah. He played his best game to date. The one turnover was late and almost a killer. Tie game and he just handed it to them at the top of the key. Glad it ended up not mattering bc that would have been a huge talking point on here

And that was kind of a fluke. I couldn’t really tell if he dribbled off his leg or what happened.
I believe it was going to be a no look shuv pass to mitchell that just got away from him... in a super critical moment no less. But he made up for it + more

Reactions: yoshukai
Got to the basket at will today and made huge plays when they needed. He’s another player fans were bashing. He’s now shut all those people up with his great play.
He was very good today, and it is undeniable. I was critical of him earlier, certainly not bashing him, but critical. And he was great today. We don't win this game without him. We could say the same about that UNC game also. I'm thrilled he's playing better. The team definitely needs him playing well.

So? It’s not a competition for minutes. Reed plays plenty and had a good game like usual. DJ was in for his defense. I know Reed plays good defense but not on ball which we need more than anything.
DJ took a step up today. I am just on the side that Reed should get as many minutes. No big deal here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT