ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Kentucky players taunting UT during pregame

It’s our party, and we’ll pray if we want to, pray if we want to . . . .

I believe I said we veryone has a right to pray, imo it's a poor choice to do so in front of the visiting team's exit tunnel. All I saw was the tape posted and it did give the appearance of a religious experience.

I believe I said we veryone has a right to pray, imo it's a poor choice to do so in front of the visiting team's exit tunnel. All I saw was the tape posted and it did give the appearance of a religious experience.
Grumpy, I think he was just having some fun; the lyrics mimic an on Leslie Gore tune : It's My Party... and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to...

As to the pre game stuff, no biggie. It's a rivalry game, that stuff happens.

As fans I think we invent things to complain about sometimes. There are 3 other corners of end zone to pray in before the game. Personally it feels like if their justification for being in that corner was to pray, and if that’s the case then they are hiding behind prayer to do some jawing to an old rival. Given the who the rival coming out of the tunnel was, it seems like a pretty dumb idea to only have a few guys down there doing that. All things considered I think the UT players handled it pretty well. How this post made it to 2 pages is beyond me.

Last edited:
Reactions: K_TIME
I'm sorry but why is the spot UK players pray on in front of the visitors tunnel exit? Why should visiting teams have to run around a handful of players blocking their path. I am really surprised the administration hasn't put a stop to it. And yes players have every right to pray before a game, but Why choose directly in front of the opponents tunnel? Isn't really conveying what they are doing. How would you feel if those players were ejected before kickoff?

UT also ran out very late for whatever reason. Normally not an issue. No doubt there was jawing from both sides etc but nothing dastardly as implied

I really don’t like this look. And to say they were there to pray is just a cover. Let’s do our talking during the game or after. Again, this is just not a good look.

Reactions: The Snoke
UT also ran out very late for whatever reason. Normally not an issue. No doubt there was jawing from both sides etc but nothing dastardly as implied
Doesn’t matter. They beat us. Anything we did shouldn’t show up again. Just win and forget bullheaded BS. Obviously, it ain’t working. Just shut and do your job.

Nobody was standing in front of the tunnel. Our guys were barely in the endzone. UT had plenty of room to come out and go to their sideline without running through our players. It happened right in front of me in section 20

If this is correct, it sounds like an a-hole move on our behalf. We should go to the other side of the field, away from where the opposing team runs out, unless we are trying to be d!cks.

But that's Stoops MO - thuggish behavior - which is crazy because he's the type of guy who would drive 5 miles under the speed limit, in the fast lane, with his blinker on, and think he's living on the edge.

Grumpy, I think he was just having some fun; the lyrics mimic an on Leslie Gore tune : It's My Party... and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to...

As to the pre game stuff, no biggie. It's a rivalry game, that stuff happens.

I agree this one was no biggie, but if multiple players from both team get ejected it turns into something. Say a special teams guys had gotten Ray Davis ejected, UT would have gladly taken that. Personally I wouldn't have my traditional praying area in the path of visiting team, just seems to be asking for an incident no one wants.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT