ADVERTISEMENT

Video of Kentucky players taunting UT during pregame

It happened when the players go to pray pre-game. The UT players waited to make sure they disrupted the UK prayer group. However, the UK players should just go to an area that can't be messed with in the future.

It happened at the 3:27 mark of the video. Just took a google search.

FWIW, Tennessee fans were chanting something during the playing of My Old Kentucky Home. But, the players should have not did this.

Last edited:
I was in section 223 right on the 10 yard line wehre UT runs out...and they absolutely blocked them as they ran out of tunnel. Don't know if something else occured in warmups before that......but Barion, Ray Davis, McClain...and seemed like a big Oline were standing in traffic.

It happened....video link below. Just took a google search.

FWIW, Tennessee fans were chanting something during the playing of My Old Kentucky Home. But, the players should have not did this.

I was at the game in that endzone and saw what happened. UT waited like 2 or 3 minutes to come out of the tunnel after UK already came out and was on the sideline. Some of UK's players go to that endzone to pray before every game. While they were in the that endzone doing their thing UT comes out and runs through our players bumping in to some of them. There was plenty of room for UT to come out of the tunnel and go to their sideline. The UT players chose to run through the UK players who weren't blocking anything.

I was in section 223 right on the 10 yard line wehre UT runs out...and they absolutely blocked them as they ran out of tunnel. Don't know if something else occured in warmups before that......but Barion, Ray Davis, McClain...and seemed like a big Oline were standing in traffic.
Nobody was standing in front of the tunnel. Our guys were barely in the endzone. UT had plenty of room to come out and go to their sideline without running through our players. It happened right in front of me in section 20

UT fans starting chanting and taunting during the singing of mokh. The UK players were on a knee at that goal line in prayer when the UT players ran out. We didn't move nor should we. After they ran out, they completed their pregame routine.

Certainly not a taunt and unfortunate we couldn't make them pay for the disrespect during our state song.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
UT fans starting chanting and taunting during the singing of mokh. The UK players were on a knee at that goal line in prayer when the UT players ran out. We didn't move nor should we. After they ran out, they completed their pregame routine.

Certainly not a taunt and unfortunate we couldn't make them pay for the disrespect during our state song.
Watch the video...they were standing there, looks like Barrion was aging them on and he even gave a shove to one of them. It's on the video. I will defend our players when they're in the right, but this was not a good look at all. This shows lack of discipline.

Reactions: Chuckinden

I was seated in section 19. They weren't on a knee when UT ran out. They didn't kneel until after UT ran out. It doesn't bother me but our guys weren't innocent there. They were jawing with UT as the players were running out. UT's response didn't bother me either. I would have expected the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Reactions: BelfryKYCatFanatic
I was seated in section 19. They weren't on a knee when UT ran out. They didn't kneel until after UT ran out. It doesn't bother me but our guys weren't innocent there. They were jawing with UT as the players were running out. UT's response didn't bother me either. I would have expected the same thing if the roles were reversed.
Exactly!

It wasn't a big deal, but is there a reason the players have to pray directly in front of the visitor's tunnel? There is a good bit of room besides there.

Watch the video...they were standing there, looks like Barrion was aging them on and he even gave a shove to one of them. It's on the video. I will defend our players when they're in the right, but this was not a good look at all. This shows lack of discipline.

They went over there to take their knee and pray like I said. They did exactly that after UT ran out. I'm sure there was trash talking. So what?

This is just another attempt from UT fans to play the victim.

They went over there to take their knee and pray like I said. They did exactly that after UT ran out. I'm sure there was trash talking. So what?

Thats not what you said.

The UK players were on a knee at that goal line in prayer when the UT players ran out.

You said they were on a knee. They absolutely were not on a knee. You said it wasn't a taunt. The act of praying isn't a taunt but our guys most definitely were taunting as the UT players ran out prior to taking a knee in prayer. You are trying to make it sound like our guys were innocent in it all and they were far from innocent.

Like I said, I didn't have an issue with either side doing what they did. It's a rivalry game so those things happen.

Only thing I noticed was a few UT players went directly in front our band and students to pray — I guess it was to do their pre game prayer — but no team should do that - I wouldn’t want our guys doing it - or any other teams . Just a bad look and signs of lack of discipline - but ..
This is huge rivalry, at it is for us , I’m not afraid to say we are desperate to beat them and can’t do it . So the pre game stuff means little — only the scoreboard matters .

Thats not what you said.

You said they were on a knee. They absolutely were not on a knee. You said it wasn't a taunt. The act of praying isn't a taunt but our guys most definitely were taunting as the UT players ran out prior to taking a knee in prayer. You are trying to make it sound like our guys were innocent in it all and they were far from innocent.

Like I said, I didn't have an issue with either side doing what they did. It's a rivalry game so those things happen.

I can't recall if they were on a knee before or not, but it doesn't matter because that's why they were there which is the spirit of what I said.

Hahahaha...you need to take those Blue Tinted Glasses off friend.

It happened, what's done is done, they had the last word and it was written on the scoreboard after the game.

It is. Just like making a fake account to troll on a sports message board is written board of life.

• Haha
I can't recall if they were on a knee before or not, but it doesn't matter because that's why they were there which is the spirit of what I said.

It is. Just like making a fake account to troll on a sports message board is written board of life.
Not fake one bit, I'm sitting right here in Lexington at a Major University at work. I have not been on the site very long, but that don't make me a troll. I'm just calling out BS when I see it, that's all.

Thats the beauty of video. You don't have to recall. You can watch in all its glory and see our team instigate things with the Vols as they run out of the tunnel. The spirit of what you said means nothing in regards to what happened. They may have been there to kneel but that didn't stop them from jawing with UT so their original purpose doesn't make them not guilty of the other part. A person who originally intended to go to a gas station to buy a drink but decides to rob the place doesn't get a free pass because of what the original purpose was. They still have to face the music for the second part. Our team is no different here.

I will again repeat it didn't bother me and neither did the UT response. Those things happen in a rivalry game.

They went over there to take their knee and pray like I said.They did exactly that after UT ran out. I'm sure there was trash talking. So what?

You are wasting your time trying to explain things to some “UK fans” on this board. They just look for any excuse to “s%*#” on our program. Our guys are not angels and neither is ut, or virtually anyone in CFB. You would never see ut fans say this , they embrace it!

Actually the UT fans were much worse in 2021 in terms of singing Rocky Top while MOKH was playing. F them.

The OP is making a mountain out of a molehill. I sit in the second row of 222 at the goal line where the visitors come out of their locker room and I didn't anything like what's being presented.

I just wish our players would keep their mouth's shut until AFTER we beat somebody!!!

I can't stand the Vols, their fans or even ANY of their coaches, but WHY do some of our players(especially Barion) feel the need to talk smack CONSTANTLY???? It looks MUCH WORSE when they do this, then we get our _SSES kicked!!!

Just SHUT UP and play!!! Then, when and if we win, talk ALL YOU WANT!!!

You are wasting your time trying to explain things to some “UK fans” on this board. They just look for any excuse to “s%*#” on our program. Our guys are not angels and neither is ut, or virtually anyone in CFB. You would never see ut fans say this , they embrace it!
I have no doubt that you are referring to me as one of those "UK fans". No one is "s*^$@!ng" on anything. We are simply calling a spade a spade in this case while others are trying to downplay our own players invovlement. In essence, they are trying to make our guys look like angels. I am a true UK fan. I am a UK grad. I have season football and basketball tickets. I already said I have no problem with what our guys did. I also didn't have a problem with the UT response. I think that is the definition of embracing it.

• Love
I saw a video of this. Kentucky’s players were standing in front of the tunnel blocking Tennessee’s players coming onto the field. They poked the bear and paid the price. I wish they would stop with the undisciplined stuff.

Thats not what you said.

This. As a UT fan I had no problem with it. It is the home team trying to gain an edge on a visiting rival. When I was in high school (too) many years ago we did similar stuff to our archrival when they were visiting, and they did it to us when we visited. As long as no one is throwing punches, a bit of shoulder jostling is not a big deal, IMO. They are about to engage in 60 minutes of shoulder jostling, so that was just a pre-game tuned up.

Nobody was standing in front of the tunnel. Our guys were barely in the endzone. UT had plenty of room to come out and go to their sideline without running through our players. It happened right in front of me in section 20
Dude....I'm for our guys as much as anyone. But they did this intentionally. I don't know why but they did it. Lucky Tn guys didn't run them over to be honest.

I was sitting down looking at it fully....I think Barion was giving thumbs down gestures.

No need to act like reality didn't happen even if we like UK and don't like Tn

A Stoops team UnFoCuSeD? Undisciplined?

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

Dude....I'm for our guys as much as anyone. But they did this intentionally. I don't know why but they did it. Lucky Tn guys didn't run them over to be honest.

I was sitting down looking at it fully....I think Barion was giving thumbs down gestures.

No need to act like reality didn't happen even if we like UK and don't like Tn
No they didn't. UT stayed in the tunnel for like two extra minutes. I don't know the reason but they did. You could see some of them at the entrance of the tunnel jamming to It's a party as UK was coming out of their tunnel. Our guys did what they always do which is go to that endzone. Like I said before. There was plenty of room for UT to not run through our players. They purposely came through them.

Lol so video of our players being idiots come out and we’re going with they were just trying to pray? It’s not a huge deal it’s just an embarrassing detail to an embarrassing loss.

Let’s move on, act smart and beat MSU

No they didn't. UT stayed in the tunnel for like two extra minutes. I don't know the reason but they did. You could see some of them at the entrance of the tunnel jamming to It's a party as UK was coming out of their tunnel. Our guys did what they always do which is go to that endzone. Like I said before. There was plenty of room for UT to not run through our players. They purposely came through them.

Yeah you may want to watch this…go to 3:00 when Kentucky runs out..then 30 seconds later Tennessee runs out ..Barion Brown and others in the end zone blocking their way

Sad that UT fans would chant during MOKH. Kentucky and Tenneessee are sister states.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

I'm sorry but why is the spot UK players pray on in front of the visitors tunnel exit? Why should visiting teams have to run around a handful of players blocking their path. I am really surprised the administration hasn't put a stop to it. And yes players have every right to pray before a game, but Why choose directly in front of the opponents tunnel? Isn't really conveying what they are doing. How would you feel if those players were ejected before kickoff?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT