ADVERTISEMENT

Veteran's Day

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
For those of us that go out and get a free meal on Veteran's Day, here is a link to places that are offering a meal or other food items so you can plan ahead. I recommend Texas Roadhouse. They have been great with veterans. At least the one on Outer Loop in Louisville has. The past couple of years they have also given out gift cards as well. The link also has retail and travel discounts as well.

https://www.military.com/veterans-day/restaurants-veterans-day-military-discounts.html

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I was thinking about Texas Roadhouse and Little Caesars to eat later. Maybe White Castle on Monday. Might take my son to Golden Corral since he loves that place.

Last edited:
I'm just happy that there are companies that are willing and able to do things like this. I enjoy meeting up and talking with other veterans from different branches and different decades and exchanging stories. I don't have many good ones to tell like some of the older folks though.

Copying from FB

For our veterans and active duty military members...

Here's a list of businesses showing appreciation on Veterans Day (Sunday) -- some of these will be offered on Monday, too!
Food:
Applebee’s: Veterans and active duty military get a free meal.
Buffalo Wild Wings: Veterans and active military get free small wings and fries.
Chili’s: Veterans and active military get a free meal.
Cracker Barrel: Veterans can choose from a free double chocolate fudge Coca-Cola cake dessert or a crafted coffee.
Denny’s: Free "Build Your Own Grand Slam" for veterans and military duty personnel from 5 a.m. to noon on Monday.
Hooters: Free meal for veterans and active duty military with beverage purchase.
Longhorn Steakhouse: Free appetizer or dessert, plus 10 percent off bill.
Olive Garden: Free meal for veterans and active duty military.
Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin’ Onion and beverage for veterans and active duty military.
Red Lobster: Free appetizer or dessert for veterans and active duty military on Sunday and Monday.
Red Robin: Free Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Bottomless Steak Fries for veterans and active military.
Ruby Tuesday: Free appetizer for veterans and active military members.
Chipotle: Buy one, get one free from open to close on Nov. 11. The offer applies to burritos, bowls, salads and taco orders. Active duty, Guard and Reserve members, military spouses and retirees are eligible, with valid ID. Limit one free menu item per military ID.

Coffee:
Dunkin’ Donuts: Free doughnut for veterans and active duty military.
Starbucks: Free tall hot coffee for veterans, active duty military and military spouses.

Pizza:
Little Caesars: Free pizza and soda lunch combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for veteran and active duty military.

I ended up going to Texas Roadhouse this morning. I got a free meal, a $10 gift card, and a green light bulb I already installed on my porch. They definitely treat veterans great. I just hit up White Castle and got a combo and shared it with my daughter.

Tomorrow I am debating between Shoney's breakfast buffet or Denny's in the morning. Then possibly hitting up Golden Corral with my son for dinner. Always an eating out overload for Veteran's Day. It's a rare treat so I enjoy the gifts that these companies are providing and appreciate them for doing it.

On Veteran's day, I'm gonna hit up:

Buffalo Wild Wings
Red Robin
BJ's Brewhouse

Might also swing by Chipotle for a BOGO burrito to go. Old lady will like that.

Did you get to hit up all the places you listed? I actually slept in and didn't make it to breakfast this morning. My son and I were on our way to Golden Corral, but as soon as we got there we saw a jam packed parking lot with at least 50 to 75 people lined up just outside so we passed.

I was near Gattiland (pizza buffet) so I looked online and found out they were doing a free meal and hit it up. We definitely got our money's worth on that buffet (especially me [winking]). About the only thing I didn't do that I would have liked is get another free adoption at the humane society (not sure if it was offered this year though), but my wife said 2 dogs is enough already.

Another great Veteran's Day and I want to thank all of the companies that helped make it happen for me and the millions of other veterans in this country.

Did you get to hit up all the places you listed? I actually slept in and didn't make it to breakfast this morning. My son and I were on our way to Golden Corral, but as soon as we got there we saw a jam packed parking lot with at least 50 to 75 people lined up just outside so we passed.

I was near Gattiland (pizza buffet) so I looked online and found out they were doing a free meal and hit it up. We definitely got our money's worth on that buffet (especially me [winking]). About the only thing I didn't do that I would have liked is get another free adoption at the humane society (not sure if it was offered this year though), but my wife said 2 dogs is enough already.

Another great Veteran's Day and I want to thank all of the companies that helped make it happen for me and the millions of other veterans in this country.
I actually hit all 4 places up. In fact, tomorrow is my last day taking leftovers (Buffalo Wild Wings and some BJs) for lunch. Started at BJs around noon. In addition to the boneless wings, I also purchased a craft beer at the restaurant. Walked over to Chipotle and got BOGO burritos for me and old lady. Ate my Vegan burrito for lunch today. Thing weighed nearly 24 oz. Picture below.

Drove back home. Hung around for about 2 hours. Rode the bus 4 miles to the Walmart shopping center, which includes Buffalo Wild Wings and Red Robin. Purchased one beer at each place. I tipped all 4 establishments well. Was a good day.

46144912_10216505185722735_2425648055328964608_n.jpg

At least put your flag on your house, that really bothers me that so few fly a flag on Veterans Day

Copying from FB

For our veterans and active duty military members...

Here's a list of businesses showing appreciation on Veterans Day (Sunday) -- some of these will be offered on Monday, too!
Food:
Applebee’s: Veterans and active duty military get a free meal.
Buffalo Wild Wings: Veterans and active military get free small wings and fries.
Chili’s: Veterans and active military get a free meal.
Cracker Barrel: Veterans can choose from a free double chocolate fudge Coca-Cola cake dessert or a crafted coffee.
Denny’s: Free "Build Your Own Grand Slam" for veterans and military duty personnel from 5 a.m. to noon on Monday.
Hooters: Free meal for veterans and active duty military with beverage purchase.
Longhorn Steakhouse: Free appetizer or dessert, plus 10 percent off bill.
Olive Garden: Free meal for veterans and active duty military.
Outback Steakhouse: Free Bloomin’ Onion and beverage for veterans and active duty military.
Red Lobster: Free appetizer or dessert for veterans and active duty military on Sunday and Monday.
Red Robin: Free Red’s Tavern Double Burger and Bottomless Steak Fries for veterans and active military.
Ruby Tuesday: Free appetizer for veterans and active military members.
Chipotle: Buy one, get one free from open to close on Nov. 11. The offer applies to burritos, bowls, salads and taco orders. Active duty, Guard and Reserve members, military spouses and retirees are eligible, with valid ID. Limit one free menu item per military ID.

Coffee:
Dunkin’ Donuts: Free doughnut for veterans and active duty military.
Starbucks: Free tall hot coffee for veterans, active duty military and military spouses.

Pizza:
Little Caesars: Free pizza and soda lunch combo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for veteran and active duty military.
Damn hit up several and have leftovers for a week. You military peeps eat up. You deserve it.

I've never felt comfortable on Veteran's Day going out for free food, but maybe that's just me...
Really? After the hell I went through while serving, to the hell I live with everyday since being discharged, I'm gonna try and use anything good or free I can get. Whether it being a parking place, discounts, or free food I can get.

Could you explain why you feel this way, or if you don't want to I get it.

Reactions: TheFrontRunner
It won't be as extensive this year since it falls on a Monday. In 2018 it was on the weekend. They had places offering things on multiple days last year so you could hit up multiple restaurants over a 3 day period. I will likely do my usual and hit up Texas Roadhouse for lunch and get a gift card to use there on another day (that's what they usually give out). Not sure I will go anywhere else this time.

Expecting that Son of a Bitch here who hates Veterans and gets his rocks off slamming us to come by and tell us how much he despises us if he hasn't already dedicated a thread to it.

Shouldn't there be a tiered structure in place for this stuff - sort of like levels:
  • Top Level: Purple Heart: Free meals everywhere whenever you want
  • Second Level: Battle Stars: Free meals everywhere on veterans day; discount the rest of the days
  • Third Level: Campaign Stars: Free meals on veterans day
  • Forth Level: Reserve Only: Discount on veterans day
  • Fifth Level: Tax Payer: Nothing
  • Sixth Level: Coast Guard in Hawaii: Pay extra
Joking aside - thanks for your service

Really? After the hell I went through while serving, to the hell I live with everyday since being discharged, I'm gonna try and use anything good or free I can get. Whether it being a parking place, discounts, or free food I can get.

Could you explain why you feel this way, or if you don't want to I get it.

It feels unnatural and not genuine to have someone give me something for free for a day which was originally designated as "Armistice Day." A day which was originally designated to signify the end of war.

At least put your flag on your house, that really bothers me that so few fly a flag on Veterans Day

And . . . once again, in my neighborhood, very few bothered to put up a flag. SMH at some people . . .

It feels unnatural and not genuine to have someone give me something for free for a day which was originally designated as "Armistice Day." A day which was originally designated to signify the end of war.
Totally understood. Was just curious.

Just picked up a voucher for a free meal at Texas Roadhouse. Probably taking my mom to Beef O'Brady's later after the football game. I believe they have a buy a meal get one free for Veteran's Day. If I am hungry later tonight I might hit up White Castle and get a free value meal.

Subway used to give a free foot long sub a while ago. Went back to one in E'town, weren't doing it anymore and the employee had the audacity to ask me what is Veterans Day.. Just some day off to them in school growing up.

Reactions: mailman85
I don't blame anyone for taking the freebies and I reckon I'm a hypocrite , because I shop at Lowes a lot and take the vet discount, but it does bother me to use it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT