ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy lands Marshall county point guard.

TNCatfanforever

All-American
Apr 3, 2003
Mount Juliet Tn
Highly regarded Johnson kid our of Marshall county.A 6-4 pg ..came down to Vandy,
Uof L and Florida...Has to hurt Donovan and Pitino when STallings starts beating you out for kids.

Vandy is re-opening the pipeline to Marshall County. You are never going to find super talented SEC athletes in Marshall County, but you know you are getting a tough, smart, savy ballplayer who can help your team.

Originally posted by JacksonPurchaseCat:
Vandy is re-opening the pipeline to Marshall County. You are never going to find super talented SEC athletes in Marshall County, but you know you are getting a tough, smart, savy ballplayer who can help your team.

Johnson is not from Marshall County Kentucky but from MCHS Tennessee. Not the same pipeline your thinking of.

i can see why a good player with not a real big chance to go pro would choose vandy over florida. i don't think ul would give any kid a better chance at the pros than vandy.
at vandy he will get a better education than florida or ul

Originally posted by TNCatfanforever:
Highly regarded Johnson kid our of Marshall county.A 6-4 pg ..came down to Vandy,
Uof L and Florida...Has to hurt Donovan and Pitino when STallings starts beating you out for kids.

Remember Barry Goheen? Marshall County guard who attended Vandy. Good shooter

No one I know had anything but respect for Barry Goheen. I think Phil Cox was another one. If I remember right, Joe B Hall was sorry he didn't recruit him to UK by the time his career was over. I am no Vandy fan, but since they are Kentucky boys, I have to tip my hat to them.

Barry Goheen (SG), Aarron Beth (PG), Dan Hall (PF), and Dan Langhi(F) members of Kentuckys' Marshall Co. that played at Vandy and had good careers.

Bob Hines is another Marshall Co. guy that played at Vandy back in the 60's? I think.

I grew up watching Goheen. He was a great high school player. I played against Hall, Beth, and Langhi in pick up games. I went to a Christian school in Marshall Co., but we didn't play them. I actually beat Dan Langhi one on one. The catch - I was a 5'10" 9th grader and he was a 5'10" fifth grader!
3dgrin.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT