ADVERTISEMENT

USA soccer

Even at the half. Pretty crazy pace. We can absolutely win this game. We finally have more talent than Mexico. The team is just very young, I know, like we say every year about our basketball team. The youngsters still have chance.

Reactions: gobigbluebell
Wtf is this....they just stopped the game because of fan chants, and threatened to end the game?

Have to disagree.

He was good in the air but he gave it away a lot as well.

The best player was Horvath.
Have to have the ball a lot to give it away much. Why did he have it so much??

On PK save, H hardly had to move. Lousy placement. But he did play well for a mere 53 minutes.

Have to have the ball a lot to give it away much. Why did he have it so much?? On PK save, H hardly had to move. Lousy placement. But he did play well for a mere 53 minutes.
I'll give him a second look. Looks like most are lauding him. I may have been wrong.

Horvath had more than that PK. Came in cold off the bench.

• MAN OF THE MATCH: Ethan Horvath. To be thrust into a game of this intensity as an emergency sub is difficult enough, but to then have to make the saves that the 25-year-old backstop did is next level, punctuated at the end with what will undoubtedly go down as one of the biggest saves in the history of the program.

Last edited:
I'll give him a second look.

Horvath had more than that PK. Came in cold off the bench.

• MAN OF THE MATCH: Ethan Horvath. To be thrust into a game of this intensity as an emergency sub is difficult enough, but to then have to make the saves that the 25-year-old backstop did is next level, punctuated at the end with what will undoubtedly go down as one of the biggest saves in the history of the program.
I did say he played well, didn't I? But just 53 minutes - vs. 120 for WM. Don't know why folks say CP didn't play well. Team didn't get him ball much & he scored plus his corners were great.

Reactions: entropy13
Pulisic is at a different level than anyone else on the team (really, on either team), so he's held to a much higher standard than the others. Being great on corners is not nearly enough. If he can be effectively taken out of the match (except for set pieces) it is a problem. They need to find ways to get him shots on goal. I don't believe he had any other than the PK.

Reactions: KARLITO12
Have to have the ball a lot to give it away much. Why did he have it so much??

On PK save, H hardly had to move. Lousy placement. But he did play well for a mere 53 minutes.
Making saves on PKs are hard unless they kick it right to the standing GK. Yeah he could have placed it better, but if Horvath doesn’t get a good read on where he was going then it would have basically amounted to a guessing game to figure out where he was shooting it. And well guessing doesn’t normally work out too good against a PK.

Reactions: gobigbluebell
Give me Brooks, Reyna, Pulisic, Yedlin, Sargent.

McKennie, McKensie and Ream can GTFO.

yedlin limited skills. I’ll pass. Did you see him try to clear a ball from the 18 that led to Mexico’s goal that was called back due to Os?? He doesn’t have it

Sargent? Give me a break the guy can’t hold the ball to save his life and I’ve seen nothing to lead me to believe he can run up top. We still lack a big physical technical striker.

mckennie set up a goal with his head and scored another so terrible take. The team as a whole was connected it wasn’t one player and pulísic was awful in the first half and against Honduras.

those ripping ream and mckennzie don’t understand what the USA is trying to do and how far out of their comfort zone they are going to do it. They are trying to develop a 3 back system so they can get dest out of there and into the attack.

Pulisic is at a different level than anyone else on the team (really, on either team), so he's held to a much higher standard than the others. Being great on corners is not nearly enough. If he can be effectively taken out of the match (except for set pieces) it is a problem. They need to find ways to get him shots on goal. I don't believe he had any other than the PK.
I'd take McKinnie over him any day. Much more physical & doesn't take crap. He's in the middle directing play. CP out on the edge & his dinky body gets overpowered. It's why he does CK's vs. being in the center scoring mix. WM is the US leader whether anyone else recognizes that yet or not. CP is good, just not central.

Making saves on PKs are hard unless they kick it right to the standing GK. Yeah he could have placed it better, but if Horvath doesn’t get a good read on where he was going then it would have basically amounted to a guessing game to figure out where he was shooting it. And well guessing doesn’t normally work out too good against a PK.
How do you know he got a read vs. lucky? You don't. Yes, he did good job but the PK was lame. Look how much more difficult CP's placement was.

yedlin limited skills. I’ll pass. Did you see him try to clear a ball from the 18 that led to Mexico’s goal that was called back due to Os?? He doesn’t have it

Sargent? Give me a break the guy can’t hold the ball to save his life and I’ve seen nothing to lead me to believe he can run up top. We still lack a big physical technical striker.

mckennie set up a goal with his head and scored another so terrible take. The team as a whole was connected it wasn’t one player and pulísic was awful in the first half and against Honduras.

those ripping ream and mckennzie don’t understand what the USA is trying to do and how far out of their comfort zone they are going to do it. They are trying to develop a 3 back system so they can get dest out of there and into the attack.
Agree on Ream. Didn't look bad to me. I thought Sargent was OK. Way better than Altidore ever dreamed of being. McKenzie to me looked lost, trying to develop 3 back system or not.

I'd take McKinnie over him any day. Much more physical & doesn't take crap. He's in the middle directing play. CP out on the edge & his dinky body gets overpowered. It's why he does CK's vs. being in the center scoring mix. WM is the US leader whether anyone else recognizes that yet or not. CP is good, just not central.
Do you not watch Chelsea? Pulisic is at his best when he is direct, running at defenders. He is not in good form right now. Probably gassed from long season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT