ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Myer

Oct 25, 2007
i am a season ticket holder and love the CATS! I get excited when we win and breaks my heart when we lose! I felt like the Georgia game would go exactly the way it went, because I felt like this was a statement game for them, to let the SEC know that until someone can knock them off, they are still the team! Stoops comments at the time didnt bother me at all, and actually I thought nothing about them. However, after this weeks beat down by a less superior team on paper, I am starting to think the Stoops era in Kentucky should be coming to a closure. Yes, he has done a lot to revive our program, but if I am going to pay nine million dollars a year to a man, I want some results out of it, and the Music City Bowl or even a New Years Day bowl isn't what I'm wanting. I want SEC championship and to play in the final four and Stoops will never bring that to us whether we "pony up" or not. We got exposed against Georgia and for all of this so called talent we got during the off season, it has shown the last two games, now that we are in the heart of our schedule. I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this email, but I say bring in a proven winner who can still get us where we want to go. I know the quarrel would be you cant get an elite coach who would want to come to Kentucky, but I think we have 9,000,000.00 reasons why that is not true. I also believe Urban Myer, who the last time I checked isnt' coaching anywhere, is still young enough, and has the capabilities of taking us to the level that this program has longed for since 1951. No hate for Stoops and happy he has energized us and got us some respect, but it still isn't where I would love to see this program. Go Big Blue!!

I believe Meyer got both Florida and Ohio St in some trouble with the NCAA. Not major issues, but issues nonetheless. Plus I'm sure there were other things that didn't get publicized or made it to the media. Both FL and OSU had player disciplinary issues while he was there. Now if the UK admin and fans are willing to risk something like that then he certainly would be an option if Stoops moved on, which I don't think he's going to. Unless some top tier program comes after him. Even then, not sure he leaves. He gets paid very well, and the level of expectations for the most part of the fan base is much less at UK.

I believe Meyer got both Florida and Ohio St in some trouble with the NCAA. Not major issues, but issues nonetheless. Plus I'm sure there were other things that didn't get publicized or made it to the media. Both FL and OSU had player disciplinary issues while he was there. Now if the UK admin and fans are willing to risk something like that then he certainly would be an option if Stoops moved on, which I don't think he's going to. Unless some top tier program comes after him. Even then, not sure he leaves. He gets paid very well, and the level of expectations for the most part of the fan base is much less at UK.
You're right, he did have some disciplinary issues at both places, with championships at both places. We have had disciplinary issues here as well, and have suspended and I believe even dismissed players before. I am not saying Urban is savior of the world, but he does know how to win championships. I have been a season ticket holder for the past 10 years and love Kentucky sports all around, but I would love to see us get to a level that Stoops will never bring us too. I wished he could make me out to be a liar, but I dont believe that will ever happen.

We would all change our tune on judging Urban Meyer if he became coach here - or at least 90% of us would. Either way - it would be highly improbable to ever happen.

But it begs the question - IF Kentucky were ever to really, actually challenge for SEC Championships (and therefore NCs) - what would have to happen and would we be willing to do it? I mean, next year Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC. Where exactly does that really leave Kentucky?

Last edited:
You're right, he did have some disciplinary issues at both places, with championships at both places. We have had disciplinary issues here as well, and have suspended and I believe even dismissed players before. I am not saying Urban is savior of the world, but he does know how to win championships. I have been a season ticket holder for the past 10 years and love Kentucky sports all around, but I would love to see us get to a level that Stoops will never bring us too. I wished he could make me out to be a liar, but I dont believe that will ever happen.
You've got to start with the gatekeeper and that's Barnhart. Barnhart has an investment in
Stoops so he won't change course even if he could. I agree with you about a change b/c Stoops isn't EVER going to do any better than what you see now and it's delusional to believe otherwise. He cannot deliver the things he promises. That truth will begin to reveal itself more and more regardless of all the talking he wants to do. Programs in this conference MUST have legitimate coaches and staffs that will then recruit the talent on the field.

In no way am I saying I am not happy where Stoops has brought us too, consistency of getting us to bowl games year in and year out. Which to me, this year could be the first one he hasn't had us in one in a while. I could honestly see us going 0-5 over the next five weeks. Really hope I am wrong. I am just saying that yes, I'd love to find someone who could take us to a championship level football team, not the promise land, not heaven, not hanging around with my children, but a proven coach, who can and does win. Urban Myer fits that bill, and like i said, we all used to say you couldn't get a quality coach in here because who would come here when there is so many other places you could go. We have made stoops one of the top 10 paid coaches in all of college sports. I think the list would be larger than what it would have been the year we hired Stoops. He is the reason for that, but I would love to see a championship here. Maybe I am the only one with a pipe dream here, but I still would like a moment in my lifetime where Kentucky is a national contender and right now we have everything that we could hope for as far as facilities, fanbase who wants wins, and the backing of the state. We just need someone to take us there. There are some great coaches out there who has never won a National Championship, but Urban Myer has won three at two different schools and I dont know why he couldn't win four or five at his fourth school.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
i am a season ticket holder and love the CATS! I get excited when we win and breaks my heart when we lose! I felt like the Georgia game would go exactly the way it went, because I felt like this was a statement game for them, to let the SEC know that until someone can knock them off, they are still the team! Stoops comments at the time didnt bother me at all, and actually I thought nothing about them. However, after this weeks beat down by a less superior team on paper, I am starting to think the Stoops era in Kentucky should be coming to a closure. Yes, he has done a lot to revive our program, but if I am going to pay nine million dollars a year to a man, I want some results out of it, and the Music City Bowl or even a New Years Day bowl isn't what I'm wanting. I want SEC championship and to play in the final four and Stoops will never bring that to us whether we "pony up" or not. We got exposed against Georgia and for all of this so called talent we got during the off season, it has shown the last two games, now that we are in the heart of our schedule. I know I am going to get a lot of hate for this email, but I say bring in a proven winner who can still get us where we want to go. I know the quarrel would be you cant get an elite coach who would want to come to Kentucky, but I think we have 9,000,000.00 reasons why that is not true. I also believe Urban Myer, who the last time I checked isnt' coaching anywhere, is still young enough, and has the capabilities of taking us to the level that this program has longed for since 1951. No hate for Stoops and happy he has energized us and got us some respect, but it still isn't where I would love to see this program. Go Big Blue!!
Fvck Urban Meyer! He is a low-life, lying dirt bag. It is shameful that he would even come to your mind as an option.

Reactions: JDHoss
So he's basically John Calipari?

No, Urban makes Bobby Pretino and Rick Pitino look like good Christian men. And will attempt to cover up any infraction up to and including attempted murder and threatening to murder someone. But Urban wants no part of the SEC coaching gauntlet, he left the conference when Saban was the only good coach in the conference.

Go get Jon Sumrall. He can keep getting UK to 7-5,8-4 seasons. He gets 1M at Troy so can get him at much less the money Stoops getting paid. His teams at least averages running 70 plays a game

Reactions: UKat1
I either never followed it or I forgot. I always hear it said, but can someone give me a list of the reasons Urban Meyer is a total POS?

I either never followed it or I forgot. I always hear it said, but can someone give me a list of the reasons Urban Meyer is a total POS?

While at UF, he covered up Aarron Hernandez's on goings and never missed a game
Percy Harvin seldom came to practice and didn't participated when he did
Another RB threatened to kill his GF, never missed a snap
A UF cheerleader had to give it up after some private career counceling with Urban.
The illness at UF which caused him to "retire" was his wife was about to kill him.

At OSU one of his assistants was a cronic domestic abuser and Urban covered for him

When in the pros he was seen on camera giving a young lady an examination at a bar.

Urban would be a good hire if you can overlook his personal shortcomings. But everywhere he has ever been he has quit on them when it become a challenge. I would think he would avoid the SEC with all the quality coaches in the conference

While at UF, he covered up Aarron Hernandez's on goings and never missed a game
Percy Harvin seldom came to practice and didn't participated when he did
Another RB threatened to kill his GF, never missed a snap
A UF cheerleader had to give it up after some private career counceling with Urban.
The illness at UF which caused him to "retire" was his wife was about to kill him.

At OSU one of his assistants was a cronic domestic abuser and Urban covered for him

When in the pros he was seen on camera giving a young lady an examination at a bar.

Urban would be a good hire if you can overlook his personal shortcomings. But everywhere he has ever been he has quit on them when it become a challenge. I would think he would avoid the SEC with all the quality coaches in the conference
the Hernandez situation alone is enough to never ever allow him to coach at UK

Urban and another awful coach that people want to hire, Bobby Petrino, seem to have a lot in common.

I would quit UK football cold turkey if we ever so much as considered Urban or Bobby, or an Art Briles or Joe Paterno type while having prior knowledge of such conduct. I'd rather our team lose every last game for the rest of its existence than abet sexual harassment.

Maybe Urban wants a challenge...?!

He would have access to to all sorts of talent in Ohio, and the South due to SEC affiliation....

Those guys win because they have a vision of what needs to get done, then surround themselves with the right staff to get it done.... along with some "horses", or course...

Urban and another awful coach that people want to hire, Bobby Petrino, seem to have a lot in common.

I would quit UK football cold turkey if we ever so much as considered Urban or Bobby, or an Art Briles or Joe Paterno type while having prior knowledge of such conduct. I'd rather our team lose every last game for the rest of its existence than abet sexual harassment.

I would be more than a little surprised if Urban ended up at UK, but i think there are 5-6 SEC schools would hire him.

Reactions: UKat1 and JPFisher
even a New Years Day bowl isn't what I'm wanting.
As late as 2017, his fifth season, folks said 7 was his ceiling.

Even with two 10-3 season, an occasional fraud or fool shows up saying “eight is his ceiling.”

We have no idea of what the future holds, and it is just as reasonable to assume the next step can be taken by the Coach who took the first three or four to get us where we are.

Urban fostered a serial killer at UF.

No thanks!!!

I guess Petrino wasn't available with the great job he's doing at A&M.

Some fans do not think morals matter in a head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT