ADVERTISEMENT

Update From K. Tucker

Any updates on Reeves? Nothing seems to point to bad news IMO.
I think not getting news indicates bad news coming. I think Cal wants to sign at least one new recruit for good news when he gives us the bad news that Reeves is gone. Hope I am wrong.

Most everyone on this board, EXCEPT ME, was all over Boston thinking he would be our next great star.

In one HS game on tv, I saw he was a lazy selfish player, and said over & over on this board he was over-rated and would be a disappointment to BBN.

So I'm thinking most of "the bennies" would have kept playing him too.
I wanted him gone after the home loss to Richmond, where he just shot the ball anytime he felt leather. Most were bricks. That kid did everything possible to lose games and Cal let him.

tom hanks help GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I think we all agree that Wagner is going to do whatever he wants, and everyone else will have to deal with whatever Cal thinks is his favorite lineup (notice I didn't say winning) so if Wagner can't hit the side of a barn, we'll that's what we are as a team

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Most everyone on this board, EXCEPT ME, was all over Boston thinking he would be our next great star.

In one HS game on tv, I saw he was a lazy selfish player, and said over & over on this board he was over-rated and would be a disappointment to BBN.

So I'm thinking most of "the bennies" would have kept playing him too.
It's one thing to say that Boston underachieved massively at UK but to say that he wasn't good enough to play at UK is a whole other story, he was literally projected to go 1 in some mock drafts, he could have played anywhere he wanted in college. The problem for Cal as we have seen many times is he went all in on Clarke, Askew and BJ and got burned.

Reactions: gharding07
It's one thing to say that Boston underachieved massively at UK but to say that he wasn't good enough to play at UK is a whole other story, he was literally projected to go 1 in some mock drafts, he could have played anywhere he wanted in college. The problem for Cal as we have seen many times is he went all in on Clarke, Askew and BJ and got burned.
Yeah, BJ was "projected" to go high in the draft, but look where he went.

It’s fine to fall short of expectations, we know how that goes, but you don't just flush the season down the toilet by telling the guy to just keep shooting when he's as bad a shooter as BJB was.

That guy not only missed unguarded 6 footers, he didn't even hit rim on some of them. Dude was chucking up cinder blocks even from layup range.

I would have pulled him at halftime of the first game. Cal rode with him all season.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT