ADVERTISEMENT

UNCW at Kentucky (Game 2)

We have scored almost a third of our runs in a 21 run blowout game. The other 2/3rds in 9 games.

Reactions: KYExtemper
After the season...IF needed. This is really bad!!

Our SEC slate starts off like this;
@Vandy
Florida
@ Miss St.

It will be a miracle if we win any of those. From there we get both Alabama & LSU at home. So at best we will be looking at a 3-12 record at the midpoint of the SEC schedule. Wonder what the state of the program/recruiting will be at that point.

And I wonder if fallback plan has been Roszel as along.

Mignione makes absolutely no sense. In the freaking bottom of the 8th, down 3 runs, and you get your largest and slowest player on base with just one out and you don't freaking sub him out for someone like Lewis!? We likely score on that fly ball to right if Lewis is in there, but instead, we left in Harmon for no good reason and we don't score and at least cut into the lead. That is just bad coaching.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Can we start a thread about UK Softball and Coach Lawson? They're doing great this season. Just blew someone out the other night and are actually worth talking about.

Can Lawson coach both teams?

Strikeout by Daniel ends the game and gives UK a second consecutive shutout. 3-0.

That was a fitting end...

Hazelwood robbed of a win in this one.

Anybody want my tickets.....have 2 three rows behind home plate?

I'd be fine with that. She actually knows what she's doing.

I'm telling you, I listened to the two do a UK media day before the season and there was a world of difference. Lawson could talk in detail about the game and about what her players do well and actual spoke in somewhat technical terms. Mingione just kind of chuckled, gave a sales pitch, talked about his kid, and spoke about random stuff while mentioning broad stuff over his team.

I thought this would be the game that UK could/would win. Now it is looking like we may be staring a sweep in the face. Not sure how good their Sunday starter is, but I know that Marsh has struggled and currently has the highest ERA on the team at 11.37. So, unless something changes from the past two weekends and UK hitters start to figure out that they are supposed to hit, then nothing is going to change and we're in for a hurting tomorrow too.

I might take you up on that except I am unemployed. There are a lot of good SEC teams coming in that are worth a look and they may set records against this team.

too late, I already have season tickets five rows up behind home plate, have not used them yet, and for damn sure will play golf tomorrow instead of watching UK baseball.

Reactions: Tannerdad
That is really a sad effort by a team that is going to lose a lot of games. They should start giving away the tickets.
Doubt if people come for free...there is going to be a lot of embarrassing SEC moments for this team. Hell, the last two days have been embarassing enough.

Last edited:
I'm still planning on going the Friday game against Bama. Probably won't go to the Tennessee series in Knoxville, which I live near, if they continue to play this poorly though.

Is there a baseball coaches show? Just curious the explanation for the horrid defense. It has been a staple of our team during his tenure.

I just dont get it. I give em a listen, but at this point Reds spring training games get my priority attention. Give me something to believe in guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT