ADVERTISEMENT

UNCW at Kentucky (Game 2)

These lineup changes are weird and somewhat nonsensical.

Daniel leads off and then suddenly is hitting last. A power hitting Anu, who isn't exactly tearing it up, is leadoff. Collett has done relatively poorly in the 3 hole and yet he stays there. Just weird.

Daniel leads off and then suddenly is hitting last. A power hitting Anu, who isn't exactly tearing it up, is leadoff. Collett has done relatively poorly in the 3 hole and yet he stays there. Just weird.
It’s definitely a little out of wack.

Let’s get back in the win column. No sense in losing to UNC-Wilmington

Anybody’s UK Athletics link working? I usually listen to the game but it’s not working right now.

Kentucky down 1-0 in this one fairly early, bottom third. UK geting some changes with the UNCW pitcher being a lot more wild than he usually is. He hadn't walked anyone in 12 innings (or maybe 1) until today and he has 3 walks so far in this one.

The UNCW fans are extremely rowdy. Can't tell if what is going on is good for UK or bad for UK because the UNCW fans are so loud that it seems like it should be good for UK when it is in fact a UK strikeout.

Reactions: KYExtemper
What in the world was that? HORRIBLE playing out in center field. Just watching the ball bounce around.

Why are we surprised?

Hmmm I think I am going to wait until after the game to recalculate number of error free games until we get to .980 fielding. This team is leading to too many recalculations.

It's like you can hear the soul of the announcing crew dying as the poor fielding plays keep piling up, especially on that last call!

That should be three errors this inning. Won't show up that way but we know it.

Cost Hazelwood an earned run by not scoring Daniel's error properly, right? I guess if you just run around a pop fly and don't touch it, it's hit.

I don’t know who coaches the infield on this team, but they need to be fired yesterday. This is pitiful. You have to feel horrible for Hazelwood.

Attendance sure is pitiful today. I know, the weather isn't awesome and I'm not there but I live 200+ miles away so I have a bit of an excuse.

I shudder to think about what LSU or another big SEC team is going to do to us in conference play right now.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Attendance sure is pitiful today. I know, the weather isn't awesome and I'm not there but I live 200+ miles away so I have a bit of an excuse.

I shudder to think about what LSU or another big SEC team is going to do to us in conference play right now.
I’ve went to 3 games this year but I don’t blame people for not going if the coaches are going to put out such a poor product.

Hazelwood pitching his behind off.....but nothing else.

Over/under number of games before coaching change is made? Before first SEC game? Midway point of SEC schedule? Wait until end of year?

Over/under number of games before coaching change is made? Before first SEC game? Midway point of SEC schedule? Wait until end of year?

I'd have to say the end of the year if this level of plays continues. Having a really, really, really awful SEC record is a distinct possibility. We can't hit or field.

Leadoff get HBP, followed by called strike three, fly out, and ground out typical effort by this team.

After the season...IF needed. This is really bad!!

Generous scoring give Rhodes a single. I guess it goes both ways. So we have another leadoff batter on. Then double him off.

Throwing darts or pulling names and positions out of a hat.

Ugh, can't cash in runners on the corners with 1 out.

Nothing is going right in this series.

We are headed to a second straight shut out. Something is bad wrong with this team beyond just talent. Kessler just can't have gone that bad.

Just when I thought we had a chance to come back... NOPE. Leave runners on the corners.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT