ADVERTISEMENT

Ulis to Arkansas

In all seriousness I’ve been wanting to say this for awhile now and now that he’s gone I’ll say it.

IMO Ulis was one of the most overrated players to put on a Kentucky uniform
Good to see (for consistency sake) that even though Cal is gone, you are still one of the worst posters on this board.

But hey maybe you are right, that the SEC POY, SEC DPOY, 1st Team All-American, who played with so much heart and fierceness, was "overrated". Uh.....NOPE, you couldn't be more wrong.

Now maybe our "love" for Ulis possibly exceeds his play (he's in my top 4 all-time most loved Cats over 40+ years), with his size/height assisting his on-court performance. But "overrated"? Absolutely not!!!

2015 Ulis or 2016 Ulis? Cause I’d take 2016 Ulis as my PG for any UK team.
I know many disagree, but I'd take Ulis over Wall. Wall could do some amazing things, but Ulis played more in the team concept, was a better distributor, better shooter, and turned the ball over much less than Wall. Now if you need a PG to be the focal point of the offense, then maybe take Wall since he could go get-his better.

I know many disagree, but I'd take Ulis over Wall. Wall could do some amazing things, but Ulis played more in the team concept, was a better distributor, better shooter, and turned the ball over much less than Wall. Now if you need a PG to be the focal point of the offense, then maybe take Wall since he could go get-his better.
I'm in complete agreement with you. Ulis is everything you'd want in a PG. In the last 30 years of UK, there's been two PGs who I'd absolutely love to lead my team and those are Ulis and Epps. That's what I want in a PG. A gritty guy who is smart, can shoot, and dish to the best option instead of being score first all the time.

I'm not saying Epps is one of the most talented but it wasn't a coincidence that the 96 team started clicking after moving Epps to starting PG. Ulis is a much better player but their mentality was the same.

• Love
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Well that one hurts at least for me as Ulis was one of my favorite players in Cow era. . I thought he might symtay neutral or even be school over coach for some reason. Well he's as gone to me as McCarty was.

I'm in complete agreement with you. Ulis is everything you'd want in a PG. In the last 30 years of UK, there's been two PGs who I'd absolutely love to lead my team and those are Ulis and Epps. That's what I want in a PG. A gritty guy who is smart, can shoot, and dish to the best option instead of being score first all the time.

I'm not saying Epps is one of the most talented but it wasn't a coincidence that the 96 team started clicking after moving Epps to starting PG. Ulis is a much better player but their mentality was the same.
You got it with Epps.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Of course
He got abused in crunch time every big game too
2015 Wisconsin, 2016 Kansas , Indiana. He just got bullied. That's not an opinion. That's the truth
Wisconsin was all big guards in 2015.

But in the two games you mentioned, Indiana and Kansas in 2016, Ulis scored 26 and 27 as a 5-foot-8 PG. That says a lot about his ability. He also had about the same amount of rebounds per game as Andrew did despite being a foot smaller.

I agree with that.

I think you made that up. I keep seeing people claim this, but no one has been able to prove it. Regardless, Ulis wasn’t a grad assistant at UK. Which speaks to how much of bullshitter you are that you didn’t even know that.
Believe whatever you want. you can go research things and see for your self if your truly interested in facts. and yes what i stated is fact,. Ulis was a grad asst last year for his 2nd year. and yes there is a rule that you can only grad asst for 2 years. so its up to you to prove me wrong

No I said it right. It's ok to love the way he played but to say he was the best pg under cal is just ridiculous. Little guys have always been loved and put on a higher pedestal
I didn't see where anyone called him Cal's best point guard, I certainly didn't. My response was limited to the one in this thread that labeled him as "overrated."

Believe whatever you want. you can go research things and see for your self if your truly interested in facts. and yes what i stated is fact,. Ulis was a grad asst last year for his 2nd year. and yes there is a rule that you can only grad asst for 2 years. so its up to you to prove me wrong
You’re wrong. Ulis wasn’t a grad assistant. There, you’ve been proven wrong. You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about and I had to do zero research to confirm it.

You pulled a claim out of your ass, the burden of proof is on you. You asserted a claim with nothing to back it up. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Step your shit up, this isn’t King Baby Trump world where you get to appoint your own judge to make you correct.

• Haha
Reactions: ukfan1622
Yeah, that's an all-time take. I didn't bother quoting it. That's the type of post that gets shared on Message Board Geniuses and then we all get bad rap.

Ulis was a 5-foot-8 PG who won SEC POTY, Defensive POTY, and First Team All-American, and won the SEC.

I don't even know how one makes the claim he was overrated.
Nobody is saying he wasn't good. The dude didn't win when it was his team. Every time he faced a "good "coach he was a liability to the team on defense. They would take him in the paint and bully him around. He can't help being 5'8" but it also keeps him off the top of the list

I didn't see where anyone called him Cal's best point guard, I certainly didn't. My response was limited to the one in this thread that labeled him as "overrated."
Then you aren't looking. I've heard it for years and just above someone said they would take him over Wall lol.
I apologize if I included you in something you didn't say

Turning on former players...Ulis poured his heart into this program when he was here. True UK fans remember the cut to the eye and bleed picture that became synonymous with his toughness.

LXWildcat...you're not a true fan if you can say this shit.

Tyler needs a job...plain and simple.

Just another example how this place is so toxic....
Wtf
Not a fan because he said our fans over rated a player? The dude was really good. All he said was he didn't think Tyler was as good as some of you do

• Haha
Reactions: BelfryKYCatFanatic
You’re wrong. Ulis wasn’t a grad assistant. There, you’ve been proven wrong. You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about and I had to do zero research to confirm it.

You pulled a claim out of your ass, the burden of proof is on you. You asserted a claim with nothing to back it up. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Step your shit up, this isn’t King Baby Trump world where you get to appoint your own judge to make you correct.
Well that's what everyone has called him for 2 seasons and he wouldn't be able to continue doing so

Well that's what everyone has called him for 2 seasons and he wouldn't be able to continue doing so
No one on staff or at UK has called him that. Only insistent fans who are wrong. Regardless, show me where the NCAA says you can’t be a grad assistant for more than 2 years. I can see it being possible that you can’t, but no one who has claimed it has been able to prove it. And think for a second how life works before you say “you prove it”. I’m the one who is saying “I’m not sure”, so I’m asking someone (you) who is claiming to be sure (by making an absolute statement) to support why you are so absolutely sure of it. If you then say you can’t do that, then there’s no reason to be absolutely sure of what you’re saying.

You can get multiple masters degrees. My point is, if you were employed as a grad assistant and complete a degree at one school, what specifically precludes you from getting another masters degree at another school and working in the same position? Why would the NCAA even care? Maybe they do, it’s a weird organization, but again, no one ever follows through with their claims.

Edit: The most hilarious part about this is literally 25 seconds of research pulled the top result which was exactly what I was looking for. It says right there without even having to click on link that a coach can be a graduate assistant for up to three (3) years. It is insane how proudly stupid some of you are.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
Of course
He got abused in crunch time every big game too
2015 Wisconsin, 2016 Kansas , Indiana. He just got bullied. That's not an opinion. That's the truth
I'm not going back and rewatching those games. But I don't recall Ulis "getting abused" those games or any other games.
I do remember our loss to Wisc was not the guard related, it was big related, in particular at the 4. Wisc backcourt scored only 21 total points combined for the game (compared to 37 for UK backcourt).
Then vs IU, Ferrell (a good player) did have a good game (but Ulis outscored him by 9, actually the 3 IU guards only outscored Ulis by 1pt), I instead recall Bryant in the post was the difference in that game.
And vs KU Ulis doubled up Frank Mason (26 to 13pts), it was Murray's man (Selden) that went-off.

So you just made shit up to try and prove your point.

Yeah, that's an all-time take. I didn't bother quoting it. That's the type of post that gets shared on Message Board Geniuses and then we all get bad rap.

Ulis was a 5-foot-8 PG who won SEC POTY, Defensive POTY, and First Team All-American, and won the SEC.

I don't even know how one makes the claim he was overrated.
Pure ignorance is all I can come up with..

Like i said believe what you want. it makes no difference to me. however ulis joined the staff as a tudent (grad) asst. on december 28, 2022. he took brads place since he left to go to Vandy this was reported by Jack Pilgrim. so i guess both of us make up stuff. Anyway its no big deal. whos right or wrong. i could care less about him coaching anywhere right now. its nice to see you get so riled up over nothing important. there are more things in this world to worry about than what ulis is or not doing

Then you aren't looking. I've heard it for years and just above someone said they would take him over Wall lol.
I apologize if I included you in something you didn't say
Well, I did say that I would take him over Wall, substance, and wins over flash. Wall was great but when framed as the other post was with the team in mind I'd pick Ulis over Wall. Talent wise? No. Athleticism? No. Heart and point guard mentality then yes.

Wtf
Not a fan because he said our fans over rated a player? The dude was really good. All he said was he didn't think Tyler was as good as some of you do
No, don't minimize it, the original quote was "most overrated to ever wear a Kentucky uniform." Surely you can't defend that kind of nonsense.

Bump. I see the OP is back today posting, care to comment/defend your take about Ulis?

giphy.gif

Reactions: UKortho
Like i said believe what you want. it makes no difference to me. however ulis joined the staff as a tudent (grad) asst. on december 28, 2022. he took brads place since he left to go to Vandy this was reported by Jack Pilgrim. so i guess both of us make up stuff. Anyway its no big deal. whos right or wrong. i could care less about him coaching anywhere right now. its nice to see you get so riled up over nothing important. there are more things in this world to worry about than what ulis is or not doing
It’s not subjective. You’re wrong and have been proven so. And Brad left to go to LIU Brooklyn, not Vandy. Another thing that shows how clueless you are.

Good luck to Tyler. One of my favorite CATS. He wants to keep working and make a living. Whatever the case (whether her feels closer to Cal or Pope didn't want him) the kid needs a job. I wish him the greatest of luck.

It’s not subjective. You’re wrong and have been proven so. And Brad left to go to LIU Brooklyn, not Vandy. Another thing that shows how clueless you are.
ok you think your right without researching anything, now go collect your trophy if it means that much to you. you just saying your right doesnt make it so. but you can believe anything you want. i hope i can all on you if i need answer to anything in order to win a load of money. i would hat e to be wrong. like i said before wether you are right or me. it doesnt make any difference. its like 2 midgets fighting over whos taller. not mworth the trouble.

I'm still confused as to why 1) anyone thought he wouldn't follow cal and 2) why his loss is grieved so much.

Our staff is so much better than ulis that no one should want him over anyone we have. KP? Ok, but not ulis.

Reactions: pappy52 and BigKari
ok you think your right without researching anything, now go collect your trophy if it means that much to you. you just saying your right doesnt make it so. but you can believe anything you want. i hope i can all on you if i need answer to anything in order to win a load of money. i would hat e to be wrong. like i said before wether you are right or me. it doesnt make any difference. its like 2 midgets fighting over whos taller. not mworth the trouble.
Hey moron, Brad left his UK coaching position for LIU Brooklyn. It’s not up for debate it’s a fact. It’s not some “Schrodinger’s cat” (Schrodinger’s Brad lol) thing where we can’t know one way or another unless we Google it. It happened.

Hey moron, Brad left his UK coaching position for LIU Brooklyn. It’s not up for debate it’s a fact. It’s not some “Schrodinger’s cat” (Schrodinger’s Brad lol) thing where we can’t know one way or another unless we Google it. It happened.
i could care less about brad or what hes doing. this was about wether ulis was a grad asst or not and for how may years. now go over to the arky page Hawg beat. and read the article about him joining cal. it says he was a grad asst at ky. also read crawford corner pot just above this one of your about grad asst being 2 years. but i guess your not into reading to much judging from your comments. OOOOOOO MY BUT YOUR NOT WRONG NEVER. enjoy your Crow Fat Boy

Yup that’s the link I referenced earlier. People talk out of their ass so much on here and insist they are right like Google can’t prove them wrong in 2 seconds. That stupid asshole pappy is still going, dude can’t even read.
i see you can read..,...amazing...,.did you se the part about 2 years. or cant you count that high. you are truly one freaking idiot. you could expand your vocabulary some since seem to be stuck on calling people derogatory names. now go shine your trophy and leave this alone. its over YOUR WRONG AND IM RIGHT. TADA

i see you can read..,...amazing...,.did you se the part about 2 years. or cant you count that high. you are truly one freaking idiot. you could expand your vocabulary some since seem to be stuck on calling people derogatory names. now go shine your trophy and leave this alone. its over YOUR WRONG AND IM RIGHT. TADA
What a shame huh? But it seems you missed where the NCAA ruled you can be a grad assistant for 3, count ‘em 3 years, and a 4th potentially for a Covid year. You really suck at this. You thought you had me too, look how proud you are in being dead wrong.

What a shame huh? But it seems you missed where the NCAA ruled you can be a grad assistant for 3, count ‘em 3 years, and a 4th potentially for a Covid year. You really suck at this. You thought you had me too, look how proud you are in being dead wrong.
HA YOUR AN IDIOT...LATER TATER HEAD

i could care less about brad or what hes doing. this was about wether ulis was a grad asst or not and for how may years. now go over to the arky page Hawg beat. and read the article about him joining cal. it says he was a grad asst at ky. also read crawford corner pot just above this one of your about grad asst being 2 years. but i guess your not into reading to much judging from your comments. OOOOOOO MY BUT YOUR NOT WRONG NEVER. enjoy your Crow Fat Boy
Crawford also posted the update from the NCAA, but you saw what you wanted to see and stopped reading. You were also the one who brought up Brad, not me. Last, how was Ulis a grad assistant at UK if he wasn’t enrolled in grad school? I guess you take more stock in local Arkansas journalism than I do though. Hmm wonder why that might be…

Crawford also posted the update from the NCAA, but you saw what you wanted to see and stopped reading. You were also the one who brought up Brad, not me. Last, how was Ulis a grad assistant at UK if he wasn’t enrolled in grad school? I guess you take more stock in local Arkansas journalism than I do though. Hmm wonder why that might be…
BECAUSE YOUR AN IDIOT, AND IDIOTS CANT UNDERSTAND TRUTH . BYE THE END

BECAUSE YOUR AN IDIOT, AND IDIOTS CANT UNDERSTAND TRUTH . BYE THE END
You’re in shambles bud. People who are secure in their intelligence don’t act like that. I have all the facts on my side and it’s sent you into a conniption fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT