ADVERTISEMENT

Ulis to Arkansas

Loved Ulis...not a shocking move...But

His role is Cal's paid friend, validation and yes man. He can out coach Cal to be sure. He makes Cal feel good about himself, like Cal is helping someone which boosts Cal's feelings that he's changing lives.

Wish him the best but huddling up with insecure Cal... As Cal keeps his familiar,"yes" men around him... Likely not best long-term plan

🤣🤣🤣 No he doesn't. That is what is so comical about so many fans. We are never going back to the days when "playing for the name on the front of the jersey" was the end all, be all.

Reed Sheppard was "one of us" so everyone said. Where is he now ? I'm not hating on the kid (or any of them no matter where they are from). Yes I believe all of them cared about their time here and loved it but in the end, it's about what's best for them. All these folks wanting to go back to "knowing" the players - they never did know them, they were just here longer because that was the way it was.

If Trent Noah, Travis Perry or any other Kentucky kid who comes here and feels after a year or two they aren't going to see significant minutes they will be in the portal just as fast as the next player. There might be an exception here or there but not many.

The days of a former player never dreaming of going to a Louisville, Tennessee, Arkansas or dare I say dUKe [sick]🤮[sick] are
G O N E AND folks better get used to it.
I hate it that I agree with you about loyalty to a team. If college basketball is going to be saved, there are going to have to be several revisions to NIL money and transfer rules. But it will be near impossible to do now that the players have gotten a taste of power and money.

I really am afraid the game we all loved won't be recognizable anymore. It is really sad when you think about it

You nailed your post.

Anyone surprised by this, you don’t understand how the coaching ladder works in college sports. This is not a surprise, given his current desire to pursue coaching full time.

Sure Ullis played here, but is he expected to only develop as a coach here too? False outrage. Good luck to him.

Reactions: sefus12 and thedahc
He needed employment. Grad asst time was over. Cal will take care of him.

In reality what could he do for CMP?

Doesn’t know his offense and defense. Couldn’t teach it. No recruiting experience. No time to wait on him

In all seriousness I’ve been wanting to say this for awhile now and now that he’s gone I’ll say it.

IMO Ulis was one of the most overrated players to put on a Kentucky uniform
I mean he was good but nowhere near as good as Andrew Harrison and he's looked at as a failure
Go figure. We have a very strange fan base
Andrew would have destroyed ulis if they played each other

• Haha
Reactions: KY_First
While I really wish we could’ve gotten Ulis to stay with us, I Understand 100% and am soo proud of him. Not a kid I want to succeed more in the coaching world and even tho I hope we smoke Arkansas every single time we play them, I wish him nothing but the very best. Not a better pound for pound player to play here as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully one day he’ll get back to Kentucky in some form.

I mean he was good but nowhere near as good as Andrew Harrison and he's looked at as a failure
Go figure. We have a very strange fan base
Andrew would have destroyed ulis if they played each other
2015 Ulis or 2016 Ulis? Cause I’d take 2016 Ulis as my PG for any UK team.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
This isn't unexpected and it really doesn't matter. He's a Cal guy, not UK. Pope has assembled a better staff. Put Ulis the player out of your mind and you'll see it. I wish him no luck at a competitor, either. Sorry. No animosity but no best wishes.

Reactions: NociHTTP
2015 Ulis or 2016 Ulis? Cause I’d take 2016 Ulis as my PG for any UK team.
Of course
He got abused in crunch time every big game too
2015 Wisconsin, 2016 Kansas , Indiana. He just got bullied. That's not an opinion. That's the truth

He's taking the path that he believes best puts him in a position to be a coach one day. I am not surprised.

Come on defend your position. Exactly HOW was he overrated? “To EVER put on a Kentucky uniform?” I could think of fifty former Cats I’d choose before even thinking about Ulis.
I’d stick to posting other people’s thoughts.
There is something about the OP that just seems off. I may be wrong, but he appeared and immediately started threads. Didn’t take time to take the temperature of the board, etc. Thought it may have been HerroesHeroes. Spends all his time trying to rush over and repost tweets (some that are questionable). Just a strange dude imo only.

Edit- him being called out by trilly was funny as hell.

In all seriousness I’ve been wanting to say this for awhile now and now that he’s gone I’ll say it.

Big yikes. Thanks for outing yourself, this lets me know all I need to know about your basketball knowledge.

F*** him, too. Just like the rest of them.

All this "once a Cat always a Cat" kind of nonsense is ridiculous. If you're not with us youre against us. In this case, literally. F*** him.

He definitely wasn't overrated though. That's just ridiculous. Still, ****'em.
Yuck

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Turning on former players...Ulis poured his heart into this program when he was here. True UK fans remember the cut to the eye and bleed picture that became synonymous with his toughness.

LXWildcat...you're not a true fan if you can say this shit.

Tyler needs a job...plain and simple.

Just another example how this place is so toxic....

Lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Reactions: shaudyshaud

Damn, are you REALLY a UK fan, or do you just pretend to be one here? If you truly believe that, then you're either a troll or just not basketball savvy.

I'd take Ulis on any UK team; the kid played his ass off and was a very good player during his time here.

In a few years, Arkansas will catch on to Calipari's nepotism train entourage. When none of the players ever seem to improve. Expect "tweaks" of AAU ball and marketing slogans.

🤣🤣🤣 No he doesn't. That is what is so comical about so many fans. We are never going back to the days when "playing for the name on the front of the jersey" was the end all, be all.

Reed Sheppard was "one of us" so everyone said. Where is he now ? I'm not hating on the kid (or any of them no matter where they are from). Yes I believe all of them cared about their time here and loved it but in the end, it's about what's best for them. All these folks wanting to go back to "knowing" the players - they never did know them, they were just here longer because that was the way it was.

If Trent Noah, Travis Perry or any other Kentucky kid who comes here and feels after a year or two they aren't going to see significant minutes they will be in the portal just as fast as the next player. There might be an exception here or there but not many.

The days of a former player never dreaming of going to a Louisville, Tennessee, Arkansas or dare I say dUKe [sick]🤮[sick] are
G O N E and folks better get used to it.
Spot on!

Simple Google search to help you out as I am now doubting if you're a fan or even watched UK recently.

Tyler Ulis College Awards

• Consensus first-team All-American (2016)
  • Bob Cousy Award (2016)
  • SEC Player of the Year (2016)
  • SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2016)
  • First-team All-SEC (2016)
  • SEC All-Freshman Team (2015)
  • SEC tournament MVP (2016)
Explain to me how you win those awards and are over rated

F*** him, too. Just like the rest of them.

All this "once a Cat always a Cat" kind of nonsense is ridiculous. If you're not with us youre against us. In this case, literally. F*** him.

He definitely wasn't overrated though. That's just ridiculous. Still, ****'em.
I wouldn't go that far. He likes the coach he played for and wants to work for him. Nothing to hate at on that front.

Ulis is one of my favorite Cal players. Overrated is ridiculous.

I will not like him when we play Arkansas. Luckily he works for Cal and will be held back until he leaves.

You can only be a grad assistant for 2 years according to ncaa rules. he used those years up. so has to be on arkys payroll in some way of a title
I think you made that up. I keep seeing people claim this, but no one has been able to prove it. Regardless, Ulis wasn’t a grad assistant at UK. Which speaks to how much of bullshitter you are that you didn’t even know that.

That’s more than likely the stupidest shit I’ve seen on this board lol.. that’s saying a lot too 🤔
Yeah, that's an all-time take. I didn't bother quoting it. That's the type of post that gets shared on Message Board Geniuses and then we all get bad rap.

Ulis was a 5-foot-8 PG who won SEC POTY, Defensive POTY, and First Team All-American, and won the SEC.

I don't even know how one makes the claim he was overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT