ADVERTISEMENT

UL keeping Payne

Well the Basketball Team has to see how it pans out with the Cupcake schedule it has this year in the Final Year of the ACC having big time teams. Like UNC, Duke Etc. but U of L only has to play (TWO) teams twice on their big tough ACC Schedule, Pittsburgh and Virginia. With FSU and Notre Dame being bottom Feeders in the ACC along side U6.

KP will have to win more that 50% of ACC games for him to keep his job past this year. No matter what the noise is within the university and the fans. If he is to save his job his guys will have to produce in a rough ACC schedule. Not sure currently they have that in them. They tend to back down when the get hit in the mouth. We shall see.

Smart move -season already wasted - save $2 million on buy out
Look for Mick Cronin to be a key player
He’s very unhappy in Westwood

Payne wins 11 -12 games this season that might get him another year but reading their board they want anyone but Kenny
I don't see them winning that many games. I have watched UL a few times this year and they are terrible. They are not going to play like they did for the UK game. I hope they don't win another game this year and they have players leaving for the portal and can't get any good player to come to that trash school.

I didn't think UL looked terrible. I think they have 4-5 very good players. but melding them into a functioning whole is something that takes a coach years as a head coach to be able to do. UL have taken a flyer on promoting a career assistant to the top job, and Payne is learning as he goes. UL did a lot of good things against UK**, and when UK plays its best game, better ranked teams than UL will fare worse than UL did. But learning how to keep teams alert and involved and motivated takes hands-on experience for a coach, and Payne is learning that as he goes along. That's a separate skill from Xs and Os.

Everyone's an impatient know-it-all these days. Produce Now! is the demand. If you have faith in your guy, don't squander it.

**for example, exploiting help defense. Time and again, UL knew where UK's help was coming from, and they got the ball easily to a player in a position to score. They also knew which UK players would bite on a pump fake and were able to get contact fouls and keep us off-balance. They also exploited a weakness of UK players: they like to initiate contact but when they're pestered or jostled by defenses, they lose focus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT