ADVERTISEMENT

UL 4* OL Burgess enters portal

4 years of eligibility left and we recruited him, Wolford was the lead recruiter. Good size kid (6’8”) room/time to be developed. Is something wrong with UL’s NIL delivering on promises?
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with their NIL. Just kids realizing the writing is on the wall post-spring game and moving on.

Aside from Peny Boone, who just seems to be a headcase.

Really? An Olineman with 4 years left is seeing the writing on the wall? He was one of their best recruits. OL kids don’t expect to start as freshman. Maybe I’m wrong
You realize we just had a 4* WR leave today for probably the same reason.

Recruiting rankings mean nothing once you arrive on campus. I’m guessing both players realized after spring game where they were on the depth chart.

Both players may excel somewhere else. But, give me a player with lots of good college film over a player just based on hs internet rankings.

4 years of eligibility left and we recruited him, Wolford was the lead recruiter. Good size kid (6’8”) room/time to be developed. Is something wrong with UL’s NIL delivering on promises?
Was he maybe one that dropped us for UofL after Wolford left? COuld we have had him if Wolford had stayed?

Reactions: Lost In FL
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with their NIL. Just kids realizing the writing is on the wall post-spring game and moving on.

Aside from Peny Boone, who just seems to be a headcase.
Boone seems to be a case of a guy having great success at the mid-major level and thinking that will translate to getting whatever he wants at a higher level.

You realize we just had a 4* WR leave today for probably the same reason.

Recruiting rankings mean nothing once you arrive on campus. I’m guessing both players realized after spring game where they were on the depth chart.

Both players may excel somewhere else. But, give me a player with lots of good college film over a player just based on hs internet rankings.
Yes I realize, WRs start as freshman all the time, Brown and Key did it for us. It’s rare that an Offensive Lineman expects to start as a freshman is all I’m saying, I’m not here to debate you. BTW the Boone kid looks like he’s visiting UK this week, Burgess has more long term upside than him. You should call Stoops and fill him in on your thoughts.

Reactions: bballcat4
Yes I realize, WRs start as freshman all the time, Brown and Key did it for us. It’s rare that an Offensive Lineman expects to start as a freshman is all I’m saying, I’m not here to debate you. BTW the Boone kid looks like he’s visiting UK this week, Burgess has more long term upside than him. You should call Stoops and fill him in on your thoughts.
I didn’t mean to come across as snarky. My bad!!!

I agree with you 110% that receivers typically get earlier pt than linemen.

I’d still rather spend scholly on someone with college game film.

I’ve learned to trust Stoops and his coaches on recruiting. If Stoops and Wofford want him, then I’m all for it.

Peace!

That's probably his HS weight, he's likely around 300 now.
You are correct he is 6’8 and 300lbs now but was buried on the depth chart. He was a Satterfield recruit and even looked at Cincy when Satt left. Good kid and very involved with things around the city but I assume he just wants to see the field sooner rather than later.

Reactions: satcheluk
Really? An Olineman with 4 years left is seeing the writing on the wall? He was one of their best recruits. OL kids don’t expect to start as freshman. Maybe I’m wrong
They may have been true in the past but in this age of the portal and NIL it’s no longer the case … some look for Better opportunities right away

You are correct he is 6’8 and 300lbs now but was buried on the depth chart. He was a Satterfield recruit and even looked at Cincy when Satt left. Good kid and very involved with things around the city but I assume he just wants to see the field sooner rather than later.
Ever notice that every transfer from Louisville their fans have a iron clad reason why and has zero impact on the team with them leaving?

Fascinating.

Would prefer him 3 inches shorter and 40 pounds heavier all day long
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Heard he was never going to get meaningful snaps. Hard pass on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT