ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs UF on now SEC Network

I am stupid

Junior
Mar 19, 2013
It didn't end as we would have hoped, but it was a great game none the less. Just now about to kickoff.

9-13-14 game.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll set that to record and watch it sometime between now and the start of the season. It was really good to see us compete like that in the Swamp. It's really a shame we couldn't pull out the win.

I doubt they will. They should have a ref in the booth(for football and basketball) to watch for things like this.

One terrible terrible call the difference between a 5-7 season and a 6-6 season where we would've played a so-so team like East Carolina in a bowl game (with a month to rest and prepare) and would've had a great shot at getting to 7 wins. ..would've put an entirely different spin on last year..would've been looked at as one of the biggest turnarounds in football and one of the best coaching jobs in football to go from 2-10 to 7-6..just a terrible blown call that should've cost multiple people their jobs when you consider all that was on the line (not even taking into account that awful losing streak that should've come to an end, but now continues to grow even worse and more notorious)..I can't even imagine how much differently this program would've been viewed in the offseason returning virtually all of our key parts and being significantly improved after a 7-6 year..if that were the case this team would be getting mentioned as having a shot at making a run for the East..the momentum around this program would've been at an all-time high heading into year 3 instead of media around the SEC looking at a 5-7 team and pointing out how long it's been since we've been to a bowl or had a winning record ..the damage that one blown call caused to last year's team is just immeasurable (that's not even taking into account the effect it had on recruiting by finishing the season with 6-straight losses instead of a bowl game or bowl win)

Last edited:
Reactions: woodson991
One terrible terrible call the difference between a 5-7 season and a 6-6 season where we would've played a so-so team like East Carolina in a bowl game (with a month to rest and prepare) and would've had a great shot at getting to 7 wins. ..would've put an entirely different spin on last year..would've been looked at as one of the biggest turnarounds in football and one of the best coaching jobs in football to go from 2-10 to 7-6..just a terrible blown call that should've cost multiple people their jobs when you consider all that was on the line (not even taking into account that awful losing streak that should've come to an end, but now continues to grow even worse and more notorious)..I can't even imagine how much differently this program would've been viewed in the offseason returning virtually all of our key parts and being significantly improved after a 7-6 year..if that were the case this team would be getting mentioned as having a shot at making a run for the East..the momentum around this program would've been at an all-time high heading into year 3 instead of media around the SEC looking at a 5-7 team and pointing out how long it's been since we've been to a bowl or had a winning record ..the damage that one blown call caused to last year's team is just immeasurable (that's not even taking into account the effect it had on recruiting by finishing the season with 6-straight losses instead of a bowl game or bowl win)

It's quite easy to imagine how it would be viewed: imagine Tennessee, now imagine them blue.

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
Jerry's all over this stuff. lol

I wonder - regarding the play clock - if it would help haveig a buzzer or something like a pager on the officials? Or do they already have that? That way, the official isn't having to scan the play clock and center to see if the ball was snapped in time.

Well I hate to be heavy handed but friendly banter is one thing and continual baiting etc is another. This after all is a UK forum. When a person goes into someone's living room, act accordingly. Sorry, getting off soapbox.

Reactions: I am stupid
I kinda like the MLB approach. Someone comes with some weak ass chirping, they automatically get drilled with a fastball between the shoulder blades.

Unfortunately we all know how the game turned out, so I couldn't bring myself to watch it again. Thanks for dealing with the annoying UL poster, however. He's been on my Ignore List for quite some time.

I watched the replay online last week. Watched the final play again and it really annoys me that the delay of game was not called, but nonetheless Ashley Lowery should have never never let the Florida wide receiver get behind him. He was playing 10 yards off the receiver and somehow he still just let him go right by. Just a giant mental lapse. If he keeps the UF receiver in front of him then he can knock the ball down and we'd go home with our first win against Florida since before I was born.

Well I hate to be heavy handed but friendly banter is one thing and continual baiting etc is another. This after all is a UK forum. When a person goes into someone's living room, act accordingly. Sorry, getting off soapbox.
thanks, i dont mind having differing opinions on here but there are a few that just post bait all over the place and he's about the worst.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, don't you get tired of saying this?

Kinda right here though. UK didn't deserve to win the game because if the refs are in control you have already lost. Good teams are the teams that win close games like this one and it just didn't get done last season. How this team responds in close games this season will tell us all what we need to know. I am confident that UK will break the streak this year.

Honestly, after watching the replay, UF should have continued running the ball like they did in the first quarter. It's amazing that Roper chose to put the ball in the air as much as he did. Driskel's arm was really suspect throughout the game. Poor coverage on the first touchdown to the UF TE. And amazingly poor coverage by UF against G Johnson in the 3rd quarter. I don't know what McElwain will bring to the table this year but UK should really be ready to play a physical game and take the Gators down in CWS. I am so tired of losing games against teams begging to be beaten, particularly Florida.

UK sports sure got screwed last year with horrendous no calls by the officials.

That delay of game should have been called on FL...and would have made them scoring a lot tougher on 4th down. That said, with our luck they probably run a similar goofy play and ouck out and score...but it should have been called. And of course in basketball with the egregious no call on an obvious shot clock violation against Wisconsin. As I said, not saying its a lock UK wins both games, or even one of them despite the missed calls...but I feel the football team almost certainly does (IMO), and basketball needed anything...anything...as a positive to turn momentum at that point. Who knows what happens if they get that key stop.

I think UK will beat FL this year. It is at home, and FL has no real offensive firepower and has questions at QB. If UK can protect its home field against FL, Missouri and UL they are a 100% lock to go bowling, and probably win more than 6 regular season games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT