ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs Ohio....

Bobcats strike early getting 2 runs on 3 hits, Cats counter with 2 runs on 4 hits to tie the game at 2-2, going to the 2nd inning. May be a high scoring game today !

A pitiful display of baseball today. We can't even beat a MAC team at home now!

The sledding is not going to get a lot easier any time soon, so the staff will need to figure out how to best compete with this roster. Miss. St. Comes to town this weekend, then UK travels to play a WKU squad which Henderson's teams have struggled mightily against in Bowling Green. Then toss in series against perennial power LSU and red hot A&M, and mid-week tilts against IU and UofL, and it's tough to predict many wins over the next few weeks.

This is going to be a very long baseball season for us. Not that we didn't already expect that, but it is still hard to face reality. We expected 2012 to be pretty long and bad, but it was a huge surprise. Don't think we'll get that surprise this year.

Originally posted by Tskware:
Nothing is going to change until the head coach changes.
Agree. Hopefully Barnhart isn't an idiot and sees that actual writing on the wall. The same writing we all saw three years ago.

What's aggravating is it's the same ol crap that's been going on for years. Shaky bullpen and lack of timely hitting. You'd think at some point there would have been some changes? Of course not. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That to me signals incompetence and it will always be this way as long as Henderson is here.

I was at the game yesterday and the mood in the dugout was just bad. No emotion, no life at all. Honestly,it seems like this group has already threw in the towel. I've seen some bad baseball in my day, but yesterday was just hard to set through. What's worse, it's very possible that we could be 0-9 to start conference play.

Originally posted by Big_Blue_1018:
I was at the game yesterday and the mood in the dugout was just bad. No emotion, no life at all. Honestly,it seems like this group has already threw in the towel. I've seen some bad baseball in my day, but yesterday was just hard to set through. What's worse, it's very possible that we could be 0-9 to start conference play.
I seem to remember this being the case several years ago as well. Never a good sign.

We do need a change, AJ saved the day for Hendo last year but he is gone now. I am just so surprised by our lack of pitching lately, that is what Hendo is supposed to be known for. I believe Eckstein is a solid hitting coach, as was Green for the past few years, but pitching has been our down fall.

I hope the pitching can get turned around and we can get on the winning track against Miss St. (hopefully, the bats stay hot)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT