ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs LSU game 3....

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
LSU leads 6-5 in the 7th inning. Cats struck quick for 4 runs in the 2nd inning, but allowed LSU to go ahead in the 6th. Cats struck for 1 run in the top of the 7th to cut it to 6-5.
They have actually battled the top ranked Tigers pretty well this weekend, winning the opener and battling late into yesterday's game.

Yea, a very encouraging weekend so far. Hopefully we can scratch back into this one and get the series. That would be huge.

By the way, I am watching the SECNetwork+ for the first time this year. Anyone know how the announcers work? Is it the home field announcers or a different crew entirely? I was going to try to watch the video with Price's call over the top, but Price's call on iHeartRadio through WLAP is a good bit ahead of the video.

Well it looked like Henderson had made the right call to go with Zeigler to shut down LSU and keep the score to 1 run. Robert got a strikeout for out number two, but Shelby rushed a throw after a good defensive stop to give LSU one run, and then Zeigler gave up a first pitch double to score another. 3 of the 4 Zeigler faced reached base before giving way to Strecker.

UK with the bases loaded here in the top of the 8th with no outs...

White goes the other way to plate two runs!! Still no outs with runners on the corners.

Tom swings at the first pitch and sends it to short. LSU takes the easy out at second, but can't get another out and UK ties the game 8-8 in the 8th. LSU going to Cartwright to try to keep this a tie game and end UK's big inning.

Cartwright plunked Shelby and then Tom stole third before Hairston grounded into a fielder's choice to short that gave UK the 9-8 lead. Now we have to shit the door on them going to the bottom of the 8th.

That was short lived. LSU now has it tied up again and has runner on the corners with 1 out. Really need a double play to get out of this. UK now going to Spencer Jack to try to keep this thing tied.

10-9 LSU going to the last three outs for UK. Kentucky once again has 3 errors on the game. Might lose this one despite getting 14 hits.

Just going off of twitter reports, it sounds like the defense has been awful this weekend with very costly errors.

Bullpen and defense has let UK down today. The bullpen just can't get it done.

After a one out double and a walk Jack gets two huge strikeouts to send this one to extras! Excellent job.

Well we are going to the final inning. In the top of the 10th UK started off with a double by White, almost a homer, but we couldn't get a hit to capitalize. I think Henderson probably should have had Tom bunt him over, but hindsight is 20/20.

Due to travel restrictions the 11th will be the last inning. Can't start an inning after 4:05 Eastern. Beat the clock for the last inning by 5 minutes. So, UK needs to capitalize right here right now.

Going to the 11th and final inning, regardless because of the curfew. No inning can start after 3:05 central time.
Fettes leads off the top of the 11th with a HOME RUN, 11-10 Cats, Carson follows with a bunt single.

Very good top of the 11th for UK. Now close this out and let's improve that record!

CATS win, CATS win 12-10 take the series. Only 2nd series win in Baton Rouge ever. Now 18-10 on the season, and 4-5 in the SEC.

Spencer Jack was excellent at closing the door. He really needed a good outing to boost his confidence again. Very proud of him. Defense is still shoddy, but we had some big hits when we needed them. Fettes home run was huge.

What a GREAT series win for the Cats! Absolute battles...and clutch to take 2 in extra innings at the box.

Hope that gets them going strong in the rest of the SEC schedule.

Huge series for Kentucky! Gets 'em back to within a game of .500 in the league!

GBB!!!

Very Impressive win today to capture the series! I have to man up and say that I did turn off the radio (out of frustration) when LSU went ahead 10-9. I am just so happy we won!! I will do my sprints and pushups for not believing (I still can't believe I did that) to make it up to the team. It will be worth it because I am just very happy for the BatCats!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT