ADVERTISEMENT

*****UK vs Canada Gold Medal Official game thread*****

Cal just stated that he rarely ever coaches in the summer. He lets his assistant coaches coach the team. Maybe he should consider letting them coach during the season considering how well they play during the summer. This certainly explains why their playing style is so different between summer play and the season.

Cal just stated that he rarely ever coaches in the summer. He lets his assistant coaches coach the team. Maybe he should consider letting them coach during the season considering how well they play during the summer. This certainly explains why their playing style is so different between summer play and the season.
He also said he is coaching these games because they are important.

Reactions: University-6
Guys feeling good about this? I thought we played really well against them last time and thought they played about as bad as they could. Not sure on this one, 4 games in 5 days for a new team is a lot.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Guys feeling good about this? I thought we played really well against them last time and thought they played about as bad as they could. Not sure on this one, 4 games in 5 days for a new team is a lot.

Canada playing 4 n 5 days as well.

I expect it to be closer but a win is a win.

It's a lot for any team. And Canada had to come back late to win and nearly went to OT.

I'm feeling ok; but we could lose this one. If we do, let's not meltdown (as long as we play well).

Let's just come out and play well.

I saw him say in an interview last week that this team has “basketball players” on it. And that they can create their own shots so he doesn’t have to draw up plays to get them shots. I just shook my head.

Reactions: LmdCat
Cal has been alternating starts between Wagner and Shep until tonight. Clearly, Wagner didn't get the nod because he has outplayed Shep.

Let's hope we don't let the refs take control of this game late because with 2 of the 3 refs being Canadian it might not work out too well for the big blue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT