ADVERTISEMENT

UK/TAMU opens as a pickem!

How come all the lines are posted as us as a fav or a pick em and we are always dogs ?

A&M favored by 2.5 pts I just looked at ESPN

Can someone explain to me how a mediocre TAM team is favored to win by ESPN (65%) and a pickem with Vegas. Their season doesn't support this.

Reactions: ukdaven
My prediction is that we drop one of the next 2 games (@ TAMU, vs. Miss State)- I would love to be wrong, but my prediction is we drop one of those 2.

But at the end of the day, any individual game, I can never pick against the CATS.

Cats by 11, final score 86-75!
MSU looked rough in that win against TN. They cannot handle a press and they get easily confused when defenses change on them.

I’m not sure how TN lost to then but then again I’m not sure how TN is ranked so highly.

Can someone explain to me how a mediocre TAM team is favored to win by ESPN (65%) and a pickem with Vegas. Their season doesn't support this.
At home and hungry. Plus, we don’t play defense well, which will certainly make one of their shooters the MJ for the day.

At home and hungry. Plus, we don’t play defense well, which will certainly make one of their shooters the MJ for the day.
Sorry but that makes no sense. They might shoot well, they may be hungrier and the inaccurate statement that we don't play D well. TAM is a proven poor shooting team. Their defense is much worse than ours and our offense is much better than theirs. That is real data coming from kenpom.

I appreciate the response but that didn't clarify anything for me.

This is wacky. No other top 25 team is a dog to an unranked team but us. Thanks Cal!

Lmao. You need to change to “thebabybackbysh”

Oh nooo we are plus 1.5 FaaaaR Callllll.

I love getting the cats as a dog vs inferior teams.

Theee top five teams lost this week to unranked teams on the road. Also all were within a few points spread wise. Home court is huge in conference college ball. Massive. We’d be 8-10point favorites at home

This board is amazingly hilarious.

Sorry but that makes no sense. They might shoot well, they may be hungrier and the inaccurate statement that we don't play D well. TAM is a proven poor shooting team. Their defense is much worse than ours and our offense is much better than theirs. That is real data coming from kenpom.

Same reason we were against Florida

Same reason Purdue, Tennessee, and Kansas all lost to inferior opponents this week. Home court is worth 10 points minimum in college conference play.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps

That is okay. We do have problems on D, even if Texas AM is worse. But who knows. Again, they’re at home and they have lost two games in a row, they will have fire going into this game.

This has been a weird year for top 10 teams with lower competition, so anything is possible from a bad team.

Lmao. You need to change to “thebabybackbysh”

Oh nooo we are plus 1.5 FaaaaR Callllll.

I love getting the cats as a dog vs inferior teams.

Theee top five teams lost this week to unranked teams on the road. Also all were within a few points spread wise. Home court is huge in conference college ball. Massive. We’d be 8-10point favorites at home

This board is amazingly hilarious.
Never said fire Cal.

No one but you "loves" to be an underdog against an inferior team. That's just odd coming from a Kentucky fan.

Teams that lost doesn't provide valid rationale for the #6 ranked team in the country to be an underdog to an 8-6 unranked garbage team. They weren't underdogs going into their losses. "Within a few points spread wise" isn't an underdog.

Nothing you've said here explains why UK is somehow an underdog spread wise against this crap team. However, Cal's reputation the last 3-4 years may very well be why we are an underdog. It's not this team, not its "youth", none of that. It could be that Cal's has historically somehow managed to disappoint in games and opportunities like today, and gamblers have picked up on it. Will this be another one of those days? I highly doubt it. But that doesn't stop the gamblers from thinking his team will somehow fumble today's game even though we are the far superior team.

Last edited:
This is wacky. No other top 25 team is a dog to an unranked team but us. Thanks Cal!
Typically means bet the favorite, for many years, that has been a top trend. I’m not buying into that vs this years UK team / vs TAMU, I didn’t buy into that when we were at UF either. Go UK! Use the dog role to your advantage, Cal!

I guess we might as well not show up. The aggies are gonna shoot 50% from 3 and hit 15 of them even though they shoot like 27% from there.

UK is clearly gonna have its 3rd bad 3 point shooting game in a row and forget how to score 85 to 90.

Can't wait to shut up espn and Vegas.

Thiero must be out again for the line to keep moving to the Aggies. People have watched every ranked team lose this week and they are expecting UK to join the party, IMO.

It up to UK +3 at Caesars this morning. Ton of money coming in on A&M
I can understand UK being the slight dog. I can't understand UK now getting 3. Pretty much looks like UK-Florida (-3.5) and we know how that turned out. 😉

3.5 dog that was the magic number against Florida. I guess no one believes in this Kentucky team. They very well might lose but to always be this big of underdog at Florida and now at A&M is puzzling. I could see A&M favored but nearly 4 pts seems like a lot of disrespect for the #6 team.

This means Kentucky and A&M on a neutral court would be about even as the home court is usually around 3.5 to 4 pts. That makes no sense.

Again don't get me wrong we can easily lose and probably expected to lose but that doesn't mean A&M and Kentucky are equal teams.

If we do lose (I don't think we will, but it can happen), I can't wait for the clowns to jump in here to exclaim and bark about how Vegas was right. Oddly, it will be our supposed UK fans that come back and do all the self back patting, as if they somehow "knew" we'd lose, are excited about it, and feel the need to return to a message board and brag about it.

It going to be a tough game because A&M is in desperate mode but I’m going with the Cats by 5.
Supposedly A&M is good at defense and are very physical. The question now is - will the refs let them get away with hacking and pushing, or will they try as usual to balance out the foul count with no calls for A&M and silly bad calls on us?

Unfortunately, we know how this will play out, so we need to be hitting our 3s and getting into the lane to overcome what will most definitely be a horribly refereed game.

Same reason we were against Florida

Same reason Purdue, Tennessee, and Kansas all lost to inferior opponents this week. Home court is worth 10 points minimum in college conference play.
Ok but didn't TAM just lose, at home, to a terrible LSU team?

This line scares me because UT, for example, is a 6 pt road fav against a team with a better record(but less talent). UK should be a 2.5 pt fav and the bookies are begging people to make some UK bets. This makes me less confident of a win today but UK is the better team so if our guys play hard we should pull out the win.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT