ADVERTISEMENT

U of L Had Only 330 Yards Total Offense Against ND With The Gift Of 5 Turnovers To Only One By UL.

I can remember a couple of games where a thirty point favorite was upset but never a 38 point game where the favorite was upset. So who is going to give you those odds?

I hope the dirty birds are favored, I would love to bet on that game.
The OP said both ND or UofL would be beaten by Georgia by a similar amount. That is why I replied I would take the 38 points. Transfer portal is legal now and by the way your QB,RB and 1 starting WR are transfers.

The OP said both ND or UofL would be beaten by Georgia by a similar amount. That is why I replied I would take the 38 points. Transfer portal is legal now and by the way your QB,RB and 1 starting WR are transfers.Of coooooooourse, are there any programs that don't do it now, even tbiggest.
But do we have TWENTY FIVE? And what was there about your coach's amazing record at Purdue that attracted all that talent? A lot of talent wants to play in the SEC. Aside from the money, UK is a great place to play football. Not a great football AD, but a great group of coaches that Stoops has assembled.

One thing that bothers me is they have TWENTY FIVE transfers on their roster, and with two men sent in prison for buying players back in the old days when it was illegal you have to wonder if they haven't gotten a lot better.

But I still think we beat them, cheaters never prosper.

But with the NCAA in charge that old saying may be outdated.
Who with the football team was sent to prison and when ? Cause I don’t remember our football program ever being in trouble with the NCAA.

Reactions: Lamar Card
ACC has no chance in hell of getting 2 teams n the playoff. If by some miracle UL and FSU are undefeated the winner makes it and loser is out.
Very likely true. But I was “leaning into” the thought of the potential benefit a win over a Top 5 or 6 U of L might have for UK.

Just for fun, say we repeat the scenario(s) of 2018 and 2021 . . . entering our last game with an 8-3 record, and a ranking of 12th-18th, but go on the road to the 6th ranked Cardinals, as yet unbeaten, far unlike either 2018 or 2021.

And say we beat them, even narrowly?!?!

How could the voters on the committee fail to boost us into the Top 11, with such a timely, late season win over a Top 10 team?

Oddly, although we all believe U of L’s record to be wildly inflated due to lack of quality, the national perception of the Cards might act to propel us if/when we beat them.

And the inverse could benefit them, should they beat a ranked team prior to their beatdown administered by FSU, keeping them in the Top 11 for NYD6 Bowl consideration.

This year’s U of L game has the potential to mean more than usual, obviously if both teams achieve actual or near double-digit regular season wins.

But do we have TWENTY FIVE? And what was there about your coach's amazing record at Purdue that attracted all that talent? A lot of talent wants to play in the SEC. Aside from the money, UK is a great place to play football. Not a great football AD, but a great group of coaches that Stoops has assembled.
No UK didn’t take 25 transfers but they did take 13. Also UK didn’t have a coaching change to where 23 players transferred out either. I am sure playing in the SEC may still be a draw for some kids however now days most kids want playing time versus sitting on the bench waiting their turn. That is why 12 of those 25 transfers are starters and most of the others are on the two deep.

To take it one step further 16 of our 22 staters are guys who transferred in. 12 from the 2023 class and 4 from the 21 & 22 classes. I can tell you that Louisville for the 24 class is going light on the high school kids and heavy on the transfer portal again.

Reactions: ReggThaCard
Purdue is far more academically rigorous than UofL, or even UK for that matter.

What's really funny is how angrily obsessed with UK the typical UL fan is in person, while the UK fans never even bring up Louisville. As a person with a northern accent for years after moving here, UL fans used to assume I was not a UK fan and would spew the ugliest sht about UK.

UK fans never said much about UL even when asked. You couldn't dig your spurs into em enough to get them angry about UL. You could tell they didn't like the program or they'd tell you, but that was about it. Some basketball fans (almost exclusively living in the Louisville area) get pretty hyped up for the UL games, though, which is understandable.

People that are big football and UK fans don't really think about UL all that much. It probably has a lot to do with UL fans not being noticeable unless they are undefeated.

Didn’t you just have a commit that posed doing the L’s down during the summer? That might have offended Satterfield, but most realize that it’s a sign of respect when a recruit is asked to do it. So you may not think about Louisville but I guarantee your coaches do.

I want them to stay on their own board. They win a few games and they become insufferable. Trust me, I live in Louisville. Even work with a UNC fan that was discussing Louisville fans today. He told me they literally stormed the field after beating Notre Dame. 😲 (I didn't see the game)
I remember when Barnhardt first took over at UK, UK fans stormed the field so many times, the SEC started fining UK. Mitch paid 125,000 fine because of how many times you stormed the field.

Any way we can talk the card fans into heading back to their own beautiful campus?... ok , I get it. I wouldn't want to hang out there either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT