ADVERTISEMENT

U of L Had Only 330 Yards Total Offense Against ND With The Gift Of 5 Turnovers To Only One By UL.

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
For all of the U Of L fans already anointing Jeff Brohm as the next Bear Bryant realize this. UL had only 1 turnover to ND’s 5 yet had only 30 more yards of total offense than ND.
Put ND or U of Smell in the same scenario as UK last night and I dare say the results would have been similar. Both would have been smoked by Georgia. After taping and watching the ND vs. UL Game I was shocked at just how slow and non athletic many of the ND players were. UL looked small in comparison to both UK and especially Georgia.
I will say this. If we were to play U Of L with a healthy roster next week, I say we beat them handle a much as we’ve done the last 4 years running.

They lost me when they said the winner of their game against Rutgers (which they lost) should be in the national championship game. And their schedule is tougher than that year, but not much.

Just for the record U of Smell will have the luxury of playing Duke in two weeks without Dukes very capable, first string quarterback, who was injured on the last play of the game against Notre Dame last week. Appeared to have torn his ankle up pretty well and said could be out for 4- six weeks. Again, Louisville gets a break a Playing, one of their tougher games at home without their best player, being the Duke quarterback.
There is nothing U Of L fans can say, nor the negative UK fans on this board to suggest U Of L has closed the Talent gap significantly from last year to this year. We have averaged beating them by 30 points per game over the last four years so Brohm or no Brohm that’s not going to change over the course of a year.

We'll see!

It looks like it might be UK with nothing to lose come the last game of the season!

Seriously, if the Cards run the table on the ACC, voters will have them in the Top 6 in the nation!!!!

Should Louisville finish the regular season 12-0, and lose the ACC Championship game competitively, they might have an argument to be in the Top 4.

They're not very good, but they now have mental toughness with Brohm that was absent before. Arguably, they should have lost 2-3 games already but they've pulled them out. Their schedule is SO BAD, that UK is likely the only obstacle between them and undefeated going into the ACC title game.

I
For all of the U Of L fans already anointing Jeff Brohm as the next Bear Bryant realize this. UL had only 1 turnover to ND’s 5 yet had only 30 more yards of total offense than ND.
Put ND or U of Smell in the same scenario as UK last night and I dare say the results would have been similar. Both would have been smoked by Georgia. After taping and watching the ND vs. UL Game I was shocked at just how slow and non athletic many of the ND players were. UL looked small in comparison to both UK and especially Georgia.
I will say this. If we were to play U Of L with a healthy roster next week, I say we beat them handle a much as we’ve done the last 4 years running.
like the way you talk!

They have had the luxury of playing one of the easiest schedules in Division 1.

No Clemson, No UNC, No FSU...no one that could actually challenge them. Notre Dame is not good, and Duke is now probably on the downward slope with a backup QB.

So, expect them go undefeated until they play us.

Their schedule is literally one that noone could even contemplate even in their wildest dreams. I just literally can't believe any power 5 team has a schedule that favorable. They miss literally every decent team in their league save for Duke (who's only ok) who's without their QB.

Their toughest game of the season will be vs UK. Notre Dame was an overrated gift at home. Brohm will do the usual and fumble a few wins away but based solely on their schedule it was always just two games between them and a ny6 bowl

This is an odd cope. UoL could easily win 10 games this year with their schedule. They had their "prove it" game and won easily with ND.

Had we lost to UGA by like 10/13 points, I would have more faith in our team. But we laid down and quit out there. Stoops has an odd way of not having guys prepared mentally for random games.

U of L dominated that ND game at the line of scrimmage which is really surprising - if they had outgained/outscored ND with a high potent spread offense, that would be more typical and believable.

Reactions: Lamar Card
A lot of teams would get smoked by Georgia. What’s your point?

100 of the yards Notre Dame got were when UofL was in a prevent defense. 4 of the 5 turnovers ND had were forced by hard hits or great plays by the defense. UofL , UK and ND offensive lines are virtually the same size at about 6-5 and 310lbs on average. The UK defensive line is definitely bigger than UofL's, but UofL's defensive line has a 270lb DE that has 6.5 sacks already this year and a DE that has been hurt and just came back for the ND game and had 2 sacks against Joe Alt who is supposed to be a 1st round NFL draft pick. As far as playing Georgia. they are definitely one of the top 2 teams in the country (along with Michigan),I would definitely take UofL plus 38 points.

No Clemson, No UNC, No FSU...no one that could actually challenge them. Notre Dame is not good, and Duke is now probably on the downward slope with a backup QB.

Like to meet them undefeated then humiliate them👺

Well that’s why they play the games right?

Reactions: ReggThaCard
It's six of one or a half dozen of the other

I don’t see it that way, but I cannot speak for the op. What are you trying to accomplish here? Running here every time you think you have arrived in CFB? Posting articles that appear to give praise to your program on our board ? Do you think we are impressed ? Do you think we will suddenly respect ul as a program? Is it that important to have our respect? I guess I would be flattered if your fan base was not such a vile group of haters. I don’t throw around the “little brother” title , but I know believe you have earned it.

I don’t see it that way, but I cannot speak for the op. What are you trying to accomplish here? Running here every time you think you have arrived in CFB? Posting articles that appear to give praise to your program on our board ? Do you think we are impressed ? Do you think we will suddenly respect ul as a program? Is it that important to have our respect? I guess I would be flattered if your fan base was not such a vile group of haters. I don’t throw around the “little brother” title , but I know believe you have earned it.
Funny that both fan bases think the other are a vile group of haters.

Lots of truth in your statement. I will base it on my experiences. Yes UK fans love to rip on ul. I freely admit we have had some fans go over the top. I have been in the ul stadium / arena many times as an opposing fan and also as a neutral observer for several big games.
But I have never seen a group of fans who when they trash talk do it with such anger. It is truly personal with ul fans in my experiences. Not sure they can communicate without dropping the f-word.

I’m not sure what you want. They’re 6-0 with their toughest game behind them. Should they be pissed? Not excited? What do you want them to do?
I want them to stay on their own board. They win a few games and they become insufferable. Trust me, I live in Louisville. Even work with a UNC fan that was discussing Louisville fans today. He told me they literally stormed the field after beating Notre Dame. 😲 (I didn't see the game)

Last edited:

Little bro gonna little bro.

Hide away while their team sucks. Disappear when we double up the score on them. Pull out the car flags when they might have a decent season against a weak ACC schedule. Put them away again after they lose a chance at the ACC title to someone they shouldn't.

That's why you NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER see a tattered UL car flag in the fall. Theyre hardly used

What's really funny is how angrily obsessed with UK the typical UL fan is in person, while the UK fans never even bring up Louisville. As a person with a northern accent for years after moving here, UL fans used to assume I was not a UK fan and would spew the ugliest sht about UK.

UK fans never said much about UL even when asked. You couldn't dig your spurs into em enough to get them angry about UL. You could tell they didn't like the program or they'd tell you, but that was about it. Some basketball fans (almost exclusively living in the Louisville area) get pretty hyped up for the UL games, though, which is understandable.

People that are big football and UK fans don't really think about UL all that much. It probably has a lot to do with UL fans not being noticeable unless they are undefeated.

I want them to stay on their own board. They win a few games and they become insufferable. Trust me, I live in Louisville. Even work with a UNC fan that was discussing Louisville fans today. He told me they literally stormed the field after beating Notre Dame. 😲 (I didn't see the game)
I agree with that but this thread is about their reaction to the game. We'd be doing the same thing. They're fans, they're doing what fans should be doing. You're right though that there's no need to be on this board. That reeks of little brotherism.

What's really funny is how angrily obsessed with UK the typical UL fan is in person, while the UK fans never even bring up Louisville. As a person with a northern accent for years after moving here, UL fans used to assume I was not a UK fan and would spew the ugliest sht about UK.

UK fans never said much about UL even when asked. You couldn't dig your spurs into em enough to get them angry about UL. You could tell they didn't like the program or they'd tell you, but that was about it. Some basketball fans (almost exclusively living in the Louisville area) get pretty hyped up for the UL games, though, which is understandable.

People that are big football and UK fans don't really think about UL all that much. It probably has a lot to do with UL fans not being noticeable unless they are undefeated.
I don‘t know. Grover seems pretty obsessed.

We'll see!

It looks like it might be UK with nothing to lose come the last game of the season!

Seriously, if the Cards run the table on the ACC, voters will have them in the Top 6 in the nation!!!!

Should Louisville finish the regular season 12-0, and lose the ACC Championship game competitively, they might have an argument to be in the Top 4.

ACC has no chance in hell of getting 2 teams n the playoff. If by some miracle UL and FSU are undefeated the winner makes it and loser is out.

SeC is getting a spot, Big 10 and either pac 12 or big 12 champ if 1 loss champ.

They're not very good, but they now have mental toughness with Brohm that was absent before. Arguably, they should have lost 2-3 games already but they've pulled them out. Their schedule is SO BAD, that UK is likely the only obstacle between them and undefeated going into the ACC title game.
I hate U6 as much as the next guy, but they are playing 11 games against P5 schools and Brohm is in his first there, not his 11th. They could easily be 11-0 by the time UK comes to town and could be a total embarrassment to Stoops's program if we happen to get beat. The better question is ...what will our season have been like?

U of L dominated that ND game at the line of scrimmage which is really surprising - if they had outgained/outscored ND with a high potent spread offense, that would be more typical and believable.
One thing that bothers me is they have TWENTY FIVE transfers on their roster, and with two men sent in prison for buying players back in the old days when it was illegal you have to wonder if they haven't gotten a lot better.

But I still think we beat them, cheaters never prosper.

But with the NCAA in charge that old saying may be outdated.

100 of the yards Notre Dame got were when UofL was in a prevent defense. 4 of the 5 turnovers ND had were forced by hard hits or great plays by the defense. UofL , UK and ND offensive lines are virtually the same size at about 6-5 and 310lbs on average. The UK defensive line is definitely bigger than UofL's, but UofL's defensive line has a 270lb DE that has 6.5 sacks already this year and a DE that has been hurt and just came back for the ND game and had 2 sacks against Joe Alt who is supposed to be a 1st round NFL draft pick. As far as playing Georgia. they are definitely one of the top 2 teams in the country (along with Michigan),I would definitely take UofL plus 38 points.
I can remember a couple of games where a thirty point favorite was upset but never a 38 point game where the favorite was upset. So who is going to give you those odds?

I hope the dirty birds are favored, I would love to bet on that game.

They stormed the field, after beating a 5-1 team. But I promise you UK would be 6-0 with that schedule. Lets concentrate on Missouri, we`ll get UL in late November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT