ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Herro has turned into a complete offensive weapon.

I know! He was really solid. He was always more than a jump shooter though. His game was refined.

It's pretty crazy, but 3 pt shooting was really the weakest part of his offensive game at UK. He was fantastic in every other facet but only decent from 3pt.

Every damn thread about an ex player someone asked what happened in the tournament or brings up the bad game they had in the tournament. Newsflash players have bad games. Unfortunately it happened in the tournament which is a one and done format . He’s had bad games in the NBA too just like anyone else who is in the NBA

It really shouldn’t be that hard to figure out

Last edited:
Every time I see him make a 3 I get mad. Just one more if those in regulation in 2019 and we have another Final 4. He wasn't a bucket then.

Pass the salt, please- Kaboom!

So how was your day at school? Kaboom!

Don't forget I need to take the car for an oil change tomorrow. Kaboom!

Every damn thread about an ex player someone asked what happened in the tournament or brings up the bad game they had in the tournament. Newsflash players have bad games. Unfortunately it happened in the tournament which is a one and done format . He’s had bad games in the NBA too just like anyone else who is in the NBA

As Kentucky fans we generally care about how players did for us in March. Im not saying its right. Maybe there is a Miami Heat message board that will satisfy your needs for only positive replies. Heat fans seem to love Herro

Reactions: CROCAT and NociHTTP
As Kentucky fans we generally care about how players did for us in March. Im not saying its right. Maybe there is a Miami Heat message board that will satisfy your needs for only positive replies. Heat fans seem to love Herro
I didn’t make the thread and I’m not going to the Heat board .

The question was what happened in the tournament. Well since you and whoever made the comment are UK fans you should know what happened.

yea but we're UK fans. That wouldn't be my first take to talk about a bad game Herro had at UK, but I really don't understand the NBA threads showing how great NBA players are that didn't accomplish anything at UK or at a minimum dogging people that are like "great for him, but no trophies on the case"

I'd like to purge myself of being reminded of Calipari using the UK program as his NBA farm league

the real issue isn't particular to Herro. its that many of Cal's overly talented players /teams had bad games at key moments.

Last edited:
I didn’t make the thread and I’m not going to the Heat board .

The question was what happened in the tournament. Well since you and whoever made the comment are UK fans you should know what happened.
I do know what happened. He seemingly made one shot, albeit a big one.

yea but we're UK fans. That wouldn't be my first take to talk about a bad game Herro had at UK, but I really don't understand the NBA threads showing how great NBA players are that didn't accomplish anything at UK or at a minimum dogging people that are like "great for him, but no trophies on the case"

I'd like to purge myself of being reminded of Calipari using the UK program as his NBA farm league

the real issue isn't particular to Herro. its that many of Cal's overly talented players /teams had bad games at key moments.
I wish there was a stickied NBA thread where all this could be purged into

Reactions: NociHTTP
The same thing that happened to Rupp his last 15 years, the same thing that happened to Dan Issel, Louie Dampier, Kyle Macy, Sam Bowie, Kenny Walker, Tayshaun Prince and 47 of the 50 teams between 1959 and 2009.

What exactly is your point? We usually don’t win the national championship because winning the national championship is very hard. It’s almost as hard as a man pretending to be a woman.
none of the players you mentioned went to UK with the mentality they were going to spend as little time as possible there and then leave.

Different time, different era, but that doesn't change the reality of the one and done.

If you are an OAD and you tank in your big moment, then leave, well you failed as a collegiate player.

Calipari created that mindset by pushing players out, not UK fans and I think its perfectly fair for UK fans to see it that way. Don't get me wrong. I like Herro, likeable kid, all of them are, but they used UK - and for some reason its supposed to be unfair for UK fans to see it that way.

I agree Cal underachieved with a lot of these talented guys . I have said that plenty of times .

But people don’t like the NBA threads yet the click on a thread that’s clearly about it . Oh well I guess I’ll never get that part

So we judge a UK player by their last game in a 1 and done format?

- Oscar balled out in both years in his last game...both losses
- Anthony Davis is a UK legend...he was 1-10 in his final game vs. Kansas
- Fox/Bam/Monk...lost an elite 8 game with very questionable reffing......so are they considering bad?
- Jamal Murray was 7-18 and 1-9 from 3pt land...in a loss to IU. So is he poor player now?
- John Wall 7-18 and 1-5 from 3pt and 4-8 FT with 5 TOs....was Wall bad at UK?

We can do this all day long....but I can pull eons of bad individual playoff games for Magin, Bird, KD, Lebron, Jordan, Shaq, etc...but they got a full series to games to show out. College is a different format.

This is gonna blow people’s minds but it’s possible to care about how our guys play in March and care about how they play in their careers after UK. It’s also possible to care about your school and aspire to play in the NBA. Why are there so many extremist views? I get the @NociHTTP hypocrite who says players are dead to him when they leave and then cries about the players not being loyal having this view, but it’s odd for normal people.

He is my fashion inspiration. All my friends and even strangers might laugh at me but if he’s cool, I’m cool.

Our fans also seem incapable of seeing a player like Herro today and understanding the difference in his abilities when he was here 5 years ago.

He was a kid here, nowhere near the size, nowhere near the experience, a shell of what he is now. People look at what he does today and get upset he didn’t do what he did to the Celtics in the tournament….

I still love the alleged story about how after losing a game last week.. Butler and Herro had to be separated after Butler kept yelling "7 for 27!" in his face (referencing his poor shot making).. Herro then threw a punch that missed and Butler fired back "7 for 28!".

Nice bounce back performance from Herro. 14 assists is crazy. While I don't think he's ever going to be a true #2 option, he can be a great #3 and hopefully have a pretty long career.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I still love the alleged story about how after losing a game last week.. Butler and Herro had to be separated after Butler kept yelling "7 for 27!" in his face (referencing his poor shot making).. Herro then threw a punch that missed and Butler fired back "7 for 28!".

Nice bounce back performance from Herro. 14 assists is crazy. While I don't think he's ever going to be a true #2 option, he can be a great #3 and hopefully have a pretty long career.
That was one of those Ballsack accounts lol

That pic you see of me in my profile pic is me, you moron. Because of you clowns questioning who people are, I cropped out as much of my photo as I could. To say that you're creepy is an understatement. I'm a diehard UK fan, and I happen to love chatting about my UK basketball team.

You're a Calipari sympathizer. Yes, winning the title is difficult, but not when you've had as much talent as yes has come through in 15 years. He can't coach, and can't be bothered to not job hop in February or prep his team for tournament games.
Is there any way you can crop more of it?

I don't watch the heat, I don't care about the Heat, I don't care who plays for the Heat. I don't post on heat message boards.

All of Cal's players go to be NBA stars. What they don't do is win titles for the Cats. That's what I root for, not if these players can score buckets in the NBA.

bottom line is if you're going to post about an NBA player who went to UK on the UK message board, then you need to expect to have a discussion about his contributions or lack thereof while at UK

Personally, now that Cal has left.. I find myself caring slightly less about all these past UK guys in the NBA. It sort of feels like an old regime now, from a coach that stopped caring about UK.. and honestly, from players that we now know, probably didn't care too much about UK either.

I'm still rooting for them, they still help the brand even if they never mention "Kentucky" ever again.. but idk.. don't really feel the need to check on how they are doing all that much with Cal gone.. certainly none of the guys from the last 4-5 years. I really couldn't give a shit what Cason Wallace or Chris Livingston are doing.

So we judge a UK player by their last game in a 1 and done format?

- Oscar balled out in both years in his last game...both losses
- Anthony Davis is a UK legend...he was 1-10 in his final game vs. Kansas
- Fox/Bam/Monk...lost an elite 8 game with very questionable reffing......so are they considering bad?
- Jamal Murray was 7-18 and 1-9 from 3pt land...in a loss to IU. So is he poor player now?
- John Wall 7-18 and 1-5 from 3pt and 4-8 FT with 5 TOs....was Wall bad at UK?

We can do this all day long....but I can pull eons of bad individual playoff games for Magin, Bird, KD, Lebron, Jordan, Shaq, etc...but they got a full series to games to show out. College is a different format.
Oscar averaged close to 20/20 for his career in the NCAA-T

Anthony Davis won a championship and likely rebounded and defended his ass off in the game he went 1-10.

I remember Fox and Monk balling for us in the NCAA-T, Bams performance slips my mind without googling his stats.

Murray averaged 20 for the season, but yes he went cold in the NCAA-T

West Virginia game was on Cal for not force feeding our top five draft pick big man instead of letting our guards let it fly from deep.

I can also do this all day long. I didnt say any of those players were BAD at Kentucky, but in their one season here with us its easy to remember their tournament performances, good or bad.

I truly hope this helps and I hope you get all the pro-nba responses that you are looking for

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT