ADVERTISEMENT

Trying for Lanier

I don't think Lanier is coming but if he did you think Kentucky has a shot at a championship? People need to lower expectations for coach Pope's first year, it's not fair to put that on him this year. The SEC is going to be tough and I think everyone should have a wait and see mind set. You do what you want to do but teams completely constructed from the portal have had mixed results.
In what universe should we as Kentucky fans lower our expectations? Do you honestly think this staff is scared to go big or something? The University of Kentucky is one of the very biggest and best Basketball programs of all time. Most would even say it is the very best! Why in the world would any fan, Coach or anyone on this planet of ours have low expectations for our program in any way shape or form. We all know the timing of the coaching hire and the staff, we know the players we have got so far, I guarantee you though we’re not done and I’m thinking we get at least two more guys who would be considered our best two players still to come, maybe three if it works out like I bet the staff wants. Anyway, I’ll be tickled to death with a team who works hard and competes as hard as they can, if that ends up being a subpar season so be it, we’ll be proud of them. I’m not now or ever going to have Low Expectations for our program, I would guess that most Kentucky Basketball fans feel about the same as I do. Thanks.

I don't think Lanier is coming but if he did you think Kentucky has a shot at a championship? People need to lower expectations for coach Pope's first year, it's not fair to put that on him this year. The SEC is going to be tough and I think everyone should have a wait and see mind set. You do what you want to do but teams completely constructed from the portal have had mixed results.
Stop with the weak mentality. Pope himself said he understands and embraces the expectations and knows the mission. He’s on board with it why aren’t you?

Reactions: UKgal82
I think Kentucky gets a visit with Lanier

In what universe should we as Kentucky fans lower our expectations? Do you honestly think this staff is scared to go big or something? The University of Kentucky is one of the very biggest and best Basketball programs of all time. Most would even say it is the very best! Why in the world would any fan, Coach or anyone on this planet of ours have low expectations for our program in any way shape or form. We all know the timing of the coaching hire and the staff, we know the players we have got so far, I guarantee you though we’re not done and I’m thinking we get at least two more guys who would be considered our best two players still to come, maybe three if it works out like I bet the staff wants. Anyway, I’ll be tickled to death with a team who works hard and competes as hard as they can, if that ends up being a subpar season so be it, we’ll be proud of them. I’m not now or ever going to have Low Expectations for our program, I would guess that most Kentucky Basketball fans feel about the same as I do. Thanks.
Excellent. 👏👏👏

So much of it is playing your best at the right time, kind of like NC St did this year. I think we would have the players to do it, but hitting our stride at the right time would have to happen. Could say that for a lot of teams. Just saying I think we are pretty close of having the talent to do it.

The 96 team is the best team I've ever seen. I think 12 and 15 would give them tough games.

Davis would be a problem but they handled Tim Duncan in the elite 8 very well.

Teague handling the press would be the lynch pin. He did well that year but he was clearly the weak point of the team. UMass gave the 96 team so much trouble because Travieso and Padilla were cold blooded killers in the backcourt.

Who ever said Cal couldn't beat prime Pitino is an idiot. He beat him that year.

1996 team beat everyone they played. The only 2 teams that beat them made the final 4. They beat Tim Duncan and a UMass squad which was one of the best teams not to win the championship.

2012 team also beat every team they played. They had to play 3 rematchs on the way to the championship which is ridiculous to think about when one includes the archival with the ex coach in the final 4.
Yeah he beat him in the regular season, who won when it counted? Cal chokes when it matters.

Reactions: BlueSince92
Every National champions has future NBA players that got drafted the very next year after winning the title.
Every National Champion has multiple NBA players. Who on this current roster is a NBA player. What player on this current roster will be playing in the NBA next year? Coach Pope has to be given at least the next two years to build his culture and get this thing going. Year 3 is where he should be judged to the highest standards. I am not saying he shouldn't make the tournament but I am saying expecting a championship in his first year is being a little delusional.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Robinson I can’t see turning his back on pope. It’s either Kentucky or the league. Lanier I can’t see going there either
I think you’re right with Robinson and Lanier going to BYU. Not because of the coaches of course because I think he’s going to do a heck of a job there. It’s all the rules and regulations that’s going to be tough to get anyone not on the very straight and narrow. He may can get some big time guys who’ve already married or something like that. I like our chances with both guys actually. Tennessee telling him all the stuff about being the next Kinech, sorry spelling, but that could actually work against teams because most guys want to be the first themselves. Who knows though. I swear I’m having more fun this off season than I can remember in a long long time. Lot of excitement as well.

Every National champions has future NBA players that got drafted the very next year after winning the title.

Every National Champion has multiple NBA players. Who on this current roster is a NBA player. What player on this current roster will be playing in the NBA next year? Coach Pope has to be given at least the next two years to build his culture and get this thing going. Year 3 is where he should be judged to the highest standards. I am not saying he shouldn't make the tournament but I am saying expecting a championship in his first year is being a little delusional.
We have a couple really good prospects on the roster right now and I’m thinking two more first round type guys will still join as well before its over. We do not have to have the top ten pick guys to be a dominant college basketball program again my friend, we need a great system with hard working guys who appreciate the opportunity to play for Kentucky. Of course they need to be some talented players and we have talent all over the floor with more on the way. You can agree or disagree and it’s cool either way but I do like the makeup of this group so far and if they can jell together an play as a team, we have a chance to really good in my personal opinion.

Also you talk about UConns NBA TALENT, well, how many of those guys were sure fire NBA talent before they showed up and put in the work together? Maybe the freshman Castle? I’d say that’s about right. Anyway, it’s all good brother, I hope whoever your team is has a good season as well.

I think you’re right with Robinson and Lanier going to BYU. Not because of the coaches of course because I think he’s going to do a heck of a job there. It’s all the rules and regulations that’s going to be tough to get anyone not on the very straight and narrow. He may can get some big time guys who’ve already married or something like that. I like our chances with both guys actually. Tennessee telling him all the stuff about being the next Kinech, sorry spelling, but that could actually work against teams because most guys want to be the first themselves. Who knows though. I swear I’m having more fun this off season than I can remember in a long long time. Lot of excitement as well.
Think they get one of the two, I would like for both to come but sadly that’s not how things usually work out. The offseason has brought back some excitement thought that this fanbase needed badly

Think they get one of the two, I would like for both to come but sadly that’s not how things usually work out. The offseason has brought back some excitement thought that this fanbase needed badly
I heard on Torres YouTube show tonight that we were going after Norchad Omier but his NIL offer was so ludicrous that we immediately said hell no as did Arkansas, and St. John’s. He mentioned us with Kadary Richmond a little but nobody else outside that backup forward from Baylor. I do hope we make a serious run for Lanier and Richmond. Prolly won’t know for 2-3 weeks though.

I heard on Torres YouTube show tonight that we were going after Norchad Omier but his NIL offer was so ludicrous that we immediately said hell no as did Arkansas, and St. John’s. He mentioned us with Kadary Richmond a little but nobody else outside that backup forward from Baylor. I do hope we make a serious run for Lanier and Richmond. Prolly won’t know for 2-3 weeks though.
To me it Robinson & a back up 4 guy. Maybe a chance with Lanier, this week will tell a lot on that. Richmond would be great but butler was brought in to be our starter

Reactions: Fox2monk
To me it Robinson & a back up 4 guy. Maybe a chance with Lanier, this week will tell a lot on that. Richmond would be great but butler was brought in to be our starter
Richmond is 6’6”. We could have him and butler be combo guards and move a shooter to the 3, or he could even guard 3’s and smaller 4’s on defense. Brea is pretty tall as well I think.

Reactions: JASUN74
Sheppard an example of efficiency. Lanier as highly efficient as you could get. Has to be on the floor most of the time. IMO Lanier would give us a good shot at the championship. Much better shot than UT. I think we still get a good scoring forward and with him and Lanier how many teams would have as talented and mature squad as UK? Would just be a matter of meshing it all together for the best outcome.
How can we state we would have a better chance at championship than anyone else when we don't know our squad or our competitors squad at this time. We may win the SEC or we may not be in top half of SEC. We have no idea what our team will have or not have at this time.

How can we state we would have a better chance at championship than anyone else when we don't know our squad or our competitors squad at this time. We may win the SEC or we may not be in top half of SEC. We have no idea what our team will have or not have at this time.
UK's roster compared to UT's roster, IF we get another real good scorer, is better to me IMO. Our roster is full of talented guys with different strengths and a ton of experience. IMO, that gives us a good shot to be very good IF the pieces can be jelled together as a team and into a new system. Like everything in life, no way of knowing anything for sure. JMO on a message board.

Yeah choked by taking one of the greatest teams ever to the wire.:rolleyes:
The wire that he tripped over trying to play his precious favorites? Not even a VERY potential perfect record was enough to convince him to do the right things for the betterment of the team.

Could be the end of May before we know what happens with Lanier and Robinson. Not for the impatient. ;)

The wire that he tripped over trying to play his precious favorites? Not even a VERY potential perfect record was enough to convince him to do the right things for the betterment of the team.
You clearly never watched the 96 UMass squad.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT