ADVERTISEMENT

Trying for Lanier

This kid is worth a million in NIL.

He instantly puts UK in the Final Four conversation.

#1 in offensive efficiency last year.
51% shooter.
44% from three.
88% from the free throw line.
8 free throw attempts per game.
Microwave scoring for a team that needs a go-to guy.

Surround him with what we've got, and you have a real shot at a top 5 team.

G - Butler - Kriisa - Perry
G - Lanier - Oweh - Chandler
G - Brea - Oweh - Chandler
F - Carr -
C - Williams - Garrison

By the way, there is speculation there may be a boom tomorrow. Achor? Who knows
My guess would be Achor, but I have no sources and just a gut feeling. He's an enormous portal addition who hasn't had the buzz you'd expect – even with his "do not contact" tag that he allegedly has (I've seen it on the board. No idea where I could confirm that). We have a spot for a dominant PF, and that big man can throw down with bigs down low or hit threes.

51% shooter.
44% from three.

F - Carr -
C - Williams - Garrison
Man those numbers are crazy. I feel like he’s the one thing we’re missing; that elite 3-level scorer that can fill it up every night. He would raise our ceiling immensely.

Anybody know if Lanier and Robinson are playing in Portsmouth or if they received a combine invite?

I hope it's not Lanier OR Robinson. As others have mentioned, I think we need both or at the very least an elite talent with Robinson. If that were to happen, then I'd genuinely be excited. Just not sure we can pull that off or if we even have the NIL to do so.

Last edited:
I’m seeing where he is the 10th ranked player in the portal. He had pretty pedestrian stats his first 3 seasons and had a blow up season this past year. Was he just a late bloomer? Or was he playing somewhere else those first 3 seasons and not get a chance to show off his offensive firepower? I had never heard of him before his name was popping up on this board.

51% shooter.
44% from three.

F - Carr -
C - Williams - Garrison
if we could have added Osober to this lineup along with Lanier that team would have been nasty and an instant contender. Bummed we lost out on him but getting Lanier alone like you said improves us tremendously and in the conversation with Popes coaching ability.

I hope it's not Lanier OR Robinson. As others have mentioned, I think we need both or at the very least an elite talent with Robinson. If that were to happy, then I'd genuinely be excited. Just not sure we can pull that off or if we even have the NIL to do so.
We may not have the NIL left. But, and this is just a thought, maybe we do. We lost out on some guys because we didn't get into bidding wars. It's possible that Pope was holding some back so that we have the money to make a big splash at the end. Maybe.

We may not have the NIL left. But, and this is just a thought, maybe we do. We lost out on some guys because we didn't get into bidding wars. It's possible that Pope was holding some back so that we have the money to make a big splash at the end. Maybe.
Like you said, we definitely might not but then again we also might. Hard to say either way. I hope we do because I personally feel we need Jaxson Robinson and another elite guy, preferably a guard/wing.

Like you said, we definitely might not but then again we also might. Hard to say either way. I hope we do because I personally feel we need Jaxson Robinson and another elite guy, preferably a guard/wing.
I had a thought that it would be nice if the NIL fund was public record for us to be able to see. But then I thought better of it. Imagine if recruits could look and see exactly how much you have to spend. That wouldn't end well.

Reactions: ukpence
He is from Nashville and I am hearing UT is telling him he is next Kenect and he is leaning that way. Of course they also are telling him Elite 8 is their ceiling.
I can understand the appeal of that pitch. Knecht was, what, 2nd or 3rd in POY voting, SEC POY, and far and away the focal point of Tennessee’s offense? I figured they’d try to re-create Knecht in the portal this year and this guy makes sense. Would be awesome to steal him away…

I had a thought that it would be nice if the NIL fund was public record for us to be able to see. But then I thought better of it. Imagine if recruits could look and see exactly how much you have to spend. That wouldn't end well.
Yeah, I've had similar thoughts. It's probably for the best if the overall amount is unknown to the public. All I can do at this point is hope that one of Wells, Richmond, Christie, or Lanier decide to stay in college and come to UK along with Robinson. That's a big ask but I'm dreaming big. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT