ADVERTISEMENT

Trivia

Feb 9, 2011
UK has had season ended by one team five times and also lost a consolation game to them. Which school?

What team is second, ending UK's run four times?

Check that also five times. Kentucky lost to another team five times in tourney.

Only two schools have ended UK's season three times within a 10-year period? Which two schools?

One school has ended UK's season twice in huge upsets. Name it. Not K St as last win wasn't a huge upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
Damn, I had no idea how much Marquette had owned us in the NCAA tournament. They’ve beaten us SIX times in the NCAA tourney (counting a consolation game loss).

Never would’ve guessed them as the answer to question number 1.

In a similar vein, and not to hijack the thread, I wonder which teams' seasons we have ended the most? Too lazy to look it up, haha.

In a similar vein, and not to hijack the thread, I wonder which teams' seasons we have ended the most? Too lazy to look it up, haha.
They beat Utah in 96, 97, 98, 03 and 05. Five times in a decade. Also beat Utah in 93. Six times in 12 years.

And split with them in the NIT, winning in 44 and losing in 47.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK90
I know UConn, Wisconsin, Duke and Syracuse are four of em.
Yes, the other explains the hatred thread or where it began.

Illinois 1949 and 1951.

The tournament only had two regions back then so a regional final was equal to the modern final four.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT