ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah?

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
What's the chances if he changes his mind and wants to be a CAT. Would SC make it hard/impossible to do it. Why would you do that to a kid who's heart is somewhere else? Like Paris and he dosen't seem like he'd be that kind of guy.

There have been a ton of threads about this guy. He can't come here unless sc let him out of NLI and they have 0 reason to do so.

28latenight-articleLarge.png

There have been a ton of threads about this guy. He can't come here unless sc let him out of NLI and they have 0 reason to do so.

If he really wants to come to Kentucky, he could talk to Pope and see if Kentucky would repay his NIL. If the kid goes to USC and says I dont want to be here, I can repay what you gave me and they wont release him....... Well that would look really horrible for USC and could make it harder for them in the future to sign talented kids

Bottom line: if he really wanted to be here it could happen

Is Pope planning Comedy Mania 2 as an NIL Fundraiser?

And if he wanted to do that-he need look no further than his wife as she worked as an Assistant for David Letterman when he was hosting the Late Show.

Reactions: yoshukai
If he really wants to come to Kentucky, he could talk to Pope and see if Kentucky would repay his NIL. If the kid goes to USC and says I dont want to be here, I can repay what you gave me and they wont release him....... Well that would look really horrible for USC and could make it harder for them in the future to sign talented kids

Bottom line: if he really wanted to be here it could happen

National letter of intent. Not NIL.

He may end up here next season (2025-2026) though.

I will leave that to coach pope though to determine if he's worth a spot.

If Noah asked out of his letter of intent and USC would not let him out, it would reflect poorly on them. Every time this happens, it always gets reported in a negative light, like the school is holding a kid hostage.

Reactions: ghorn19

I mean if he says he doesn't want to be there I am sure they would let him out. You don't want anyone on a team that doesn't want to be there.

Most of the time when a coaching change happens at the committed school recruits will be let out of the NLI. A change of the landscape outside of that program that was committed to usually does justify letting a kid out of the NLI. Now at the earliest for Noah to be a Cat he would have to enter the transfer portal after next season.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Why do our recruits get out of their nli so easy?
Because:
  1. They signed up to play for Cal, not Pope
  2. It's a pretty bad look for a program to hold guys hostage like that
  3. When you're building a new culture with a new coach you really don't want to start with a foundation of guys who don't want to be here

Most of the time when a coaching change happens at the committed school recruits will be let out of the NLI. A change of the landscape outside of that program that was committed to usually does justify letting a kid out of the NLI. Now at the earliest for Noah to be a Cat he would have to enter the transfer portal after next season.
In 2024 you can get out of a NLI just because you want to.
No AD or coach fights it anymore because its a losing battle and the media always takes the side of the kid.

Reactions: JFCats22
Traditionally there’s always been an unwritten rule that, if there’s a coaching change, the old coach’s recruits should be granted a release because that’s not the deal they signed up for. But recruits should abide by their signed commitments if there have been no such unforeseen changes.

We have had a coaching change. South Carolina has not.
AD's used to require signees who wanted out after a coaching change to at least sit down and listen to the new coach before s release would be granted.
That doesn't happen anymore.
Players game now.
If Noah asks out, Parris is just SOL and wishing him the best.

Does anyone know if the kid really wanted to play at UK? I would assume so, but that's not always true

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT