ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lacey Updates

UK:C-130

Junior
Jun 8, 2009
Please post any relevant news for Lacey.

* so far through 6 games he has averaged 45.2 pts/gm !!
This post was edited on 12/3 7:34 PM by UK:C-130

cac, have you heard when Lacey will be visiting and does he have an offer? Ive talked to some Bama fans that feel Grant is catching up with Cal for Lacey. What are you hearing?

Don't think you can take official visits until you have passed the SAT or ACT. Trevor was supposed to take ACT Oct. 23, don't know the results. Don't know if is 'smoke' but the dad told a friend Monday that Trevor was good to go academically(I've heard there could be problems with core courses).

cac, you dont have to "pass" the ACT/SAT you just have to take it to be eligible to take "official" visits.

I'd be willing to bet that Cal is at Trevor Lacey's game tonight or on Friday since he is out recruiting this week.

Trevor's no. 1 Butler(4A) team,(10-0)/Plays Homewood (6A) no. 1 (9-1) tonight in Sylacaga, Al. .

Trevor had 51 in a 70-69 OT loss to Homewood.
17 rebounds, 14 of 15 from the line, 5 of 13 from 3.

Originally posted by cp22kjer:
Updated scout rankings: Lacey 4-Star @ 63 overall and 15th best SG in class
with a 45 pt avg, he should move up in rankings soon can't hold a scorer like that down. But Id rather see us pick up Daniels he's got more of a upside.

Originally posted by fearthebluecat:

with a 45 pt avg, he should move up in rankings soon can't hold a scorer like that down. But Id rather see us pick up Daniels he's got more of a upside.

Daniels has more upside but Lacey probably fills the needs of the team better. We will have Miller, Liggins, and Gilchirst all playing the same spot as Daniels if he is at the 3. We will have Davis and Wiltjer if he is at the 4. At the 2 he is backing up Lamb. Plus, Daniels is looking to jump to the NBA. Lacey is a big time scorer and will be a great college player. But, his game does not translate as well to the NBA so he will likely stick around a while. I would love to add him now.

Looks like he is moving up #34,4* according to Rivals.

Today's stats from Butler's Sweet Sixteen 84-40 win.

44 pts,9/13 2 pointers, 5/12 3 pointers, 11/15 ft's, 13 Boards, 4 assists, 3 Steals.
This post was edited on 2/24 5:26 PM by CatFanInBama

I want him!!! But he's got to keep his grades up. Vaccinate him for senioritis.

Trevor will play in the state 4A finals Friday night. Butler won 64-42.
Trevor only had 11 on something like 4-16 shooting. Doubled and tripled.

Butler/Trevor won the Al 4A state tournament Thur. 44-39. Trevor didn't
score too many the last 2 games, but drew lots of attention. He has 3 championships in 4 years. Missed out last year due to a bad ankle sprain.

Trevor is supposed to re-take his ACT this week. He was only a couple points shy last time. His family has stated that if he does not qualify, he will look at playing overseas for a year. He went to all of Bama's NIT games since they were in Birmingham. Grant is throwing everything at him but the kitchen sink.

Kentucky would be a great fit for him. Great shooter but from what I've seen he doesn't really create his own shot with a dribble. Saw him play on ESPN a couple times on Austin Rivers AAU team and would be the cherry on top of this class. Granted we get another big body.

I'm sure most of y'all have seen this report from Catspause.com:

"When Huntsville (Ala.) guard Trevor Lacey makes his college decision May 18, his relationship with the head coach will play a major role, according to his coach Jack Doss."

If his coach is right, doesn't that mean Lacey is a lock for Alabama?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT