ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah

Oct 25, 2007
Kentucky Boy through and through who was never offered under former coach, Coach Cal. He is a 4* recruit who has signed and committed to South Carolina for the next four years. As easy as it is to transfer and get out of letters of intent, and him being a Kentucky boy, and for those who doesn't know about the kid, he lit the state tournament up this year, setting records in three pointers made. Also, he is 6'8 and an amazing young man. We have talked about kids who can do this and do that to add to that team, but in high school, the young man scored over 3900 points for his high school career, had over 1,500 rebounds, and over 1,000 assists. He was defeated in the state championship by current commit Travis Perry, who I am glad is at Kentucky, but the kid is a baller and an ultimate team player. Who or what has to be done to get an instate player there that could contribute to this team immediately should do it. Anyone got any information on if they would be interested in him.

It’s been talked about on here a lot already. He’s already signed NLI with South Carolina so Pope is not allowed to talk to him. He could reach out to Pope himself without it being considered tampering. He will probably play freshman year at South Carolina and then he could enter the portal and transfer to UK for his sophomore season, if he wants

Can he contact Pope after the May 1 deadline for portals? Since he just has a NLI that he signed. We need this guy. He was a world beater in the state tourney. I couldn’t believe the clown didn’t offer him but then again he was a worthless clown!

There’s already been about a half dozen threads on this. He’s signed his NLI to USC, which means the UK staff can’t even talk to him unless he requests and is granted a release … and there’s no indication that he wants to do that.

Maybe next year he’ll enter the transfer portal … but it’s time to put this topic to rest until then.

Reactions: KT34 and NociHTTP
Could he ask out of his nli? Ways things are it would be difficult for south carolina to deny the request

Could he ask out of his nli? Ways things are it would be difficult for south carolina to deny the request
Yeah he could. But maybe he is happy going to South Carolina and not interested in being at UK.

Well, I know for 100% fact the interest is there on his side. He has been a Kentucky fan since birth, and he has been coming to all the football games since he was a young kid. Say what you want, but we are out here all over the nation looking for kids, if they want this to happen, they could make it happen, he is definitely interested.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He could ask. But it would have to be entirely his decision alone. It would be a violation if someone from UK talked to him and encouraged him to do it.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Well, I know for 100% fact the interest is there on his side. He has been a Kentucky fan since birth, and he has been coming to all the football games since he was a young kid. Say what you want, but we are out here all over the nation looking for kids, if they want this to happen, they could make it happen, he is definitely interested.
He needs to have his people call Pope then. Only way to make it happen.

It's not about "they".
The ball is in his court. He has to reach out to UK.
His HS coach could easily do this.
I'd would say no one on UK's staff has ever seen him play.

Reactions: sefleming

Well does Pope know he’s interested? If that’s the case.

Can’t imagine Popes hard to reach these days for an interested recruit.

Well does Pope know he’s interested? If that’s the case.

Can’t imagine Popes hard to reach these days for an interested recruit.
Exactly.
Trent knows Jeff Sheppard well and Shep knows Pope so it would be easy to get word to Pope and see if there was interest.

First thing is he should have never signed his NLI. He should have just stayed committed. I can see why Cal didn't recruit him but I can see that he would probably be a better fit for our current system. The kid did everything he could do, it just didn't work out and I get that it stings but he has a tremendous opportunity in front of him. Go to USC and do work and the portal will be an option.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Better prospect in future transfer portal than now, especially given the big rocks to set in place that take priority in short term

Reactions: gregford

I don't mind letting him cut his teeth playing for USC. If he didn't get to play in year one with Pope, I'd hate to see him transfer when he likely would be a very good upperclassman. It might just be Calipari fatigue though.

Pope needs to know he wants to come now. Then he can advise him of what to do. Pope knows what Kentuckians want and likes because he has said it out loud. He knows the significance of having Kentucky kids on the roster if they are good enough to play here. I see no reason Pope would not want him here and would probably welcome him with open arms if he came. At 6-8 and being a very good shooter he sounds like the perfect type of player for the system that they run.

The SC coach may be the type to understand the situation with Cal the way he was and might be the type of human that wants kids to be happy. With the portal going on now SC has some time to bring another guy in. If they know he wants to be at UK they may think it better for both sides to let it happen so the player and their program can both get on with what they need to do.

Last edited:
He needs to have his people call Pope then. Only way to make it happen.
Even if they did, I’m not sure there’s much Pope could say other than “he’ll have to get a release from his NLI before I can talk to him about it.” Anything that sniffs of UK “recruiting” an already-signed kid would run significant risk of being considered a tampering violation.

And I doubt that’s how Pope wants to begin his UK career.

Even if they did, I’m not sure there’s much Pope could say other than “he’ll have to get a release from his NLI before I can talk to him about it.” Anything that sniffs of UK “recruiting” an already-signed kid would run significant risk of being considered a tampering violation.

And I doubt that’s how Pope wants to begin his UK career.
No doubt he would 100% have to make the decision to ask out and know this is what he wanted to do and Pope was ok with it before he did it though they back channels.

Kentucky Boy through and through who was never offered under former coach, Coach Cal. He is a 4* recruit who has signed and committed to South Carolina for the next four years. As easy as it is to transfer and get out of letters of intent, and him being a Kentucky boy, and for those who doesn't know about the kid, he lit the state tournament up this year, setting records in three pointers made. Also, he is 6'8 and an amazing young man. We have talked about kids who can do this and do that to add to that team, but in high school, the young man scored over 3900 points for his high school career, had over 1,500 rebounds, and over 1,000 assists. He was defeated in the state championship by current commit Travis Perry, who I am glad is at Kentucky, but the kid is a baller and an ultimate team player. Who or what has to be done to get an instate player there that could contribute to this team immediately should do it. Anyone got any information on if they would be interested in him.
Coaching malpractice that this kid wasn't recruited hard out of h.s.; f-ing Cal :(

Have no idea where people are getting he's a 4 star when he's a 3 star on Rivals, 247 and on3.

Cal was probably better off not going after him, as he wouldn't have played him over his more highly ranked freshmen, and then Noah would have transferred out like Donte Allen.

With Pope, it's a better fit, although I still think Pope will see how he does at South Carolina this season, and then kick the tires on seeing if Noah wants to transfer in next season.

Reactions: 1009
Have no idea where people are getting he's a 4 star when he's a 3 star on Rivals, 247 and on3.

Cal was probably better off not going after him, as he wouldn't have played him over his more highly ranked freshmen, and then Noah would have transferred out like Donte Allen.

With Pope, it's a better fit, although I still think Pope will see how he does at South Carolina this season, and then kick the tires on seeing if Noah wants to transfer in next season.
He just earned his 4th star on 247

He is likely here next year would really be bad form to leave now. Be great to see him and Perry together

It’s the Wild West and guys are jumping ship everyday. How is it a bad look to want to go to your home state school you dreamed of playing for your entire life.
You made a commitment (no structural change to SC program) stand by it for a year. To me that's just the honorable thing to do. He's not a 1 n done he will have 3 years at UK. If he wants.

You made a commitment (no structural change to SC program) stand by it for a year. To me that's just the honorable thing to do. He's not a 1 n done he will have 3 years at UK. If he wants.
While I agree with you 100% kids that age tend to make wrong decisions and he actually didn’t even have a decision because Cal didn’t recruit him. The one year isn’t in Popes system and the kid may actually be getting minutes at KY learning the system etc.

Reactions: KatScratchFever
I watched him in the S16, and I would love to have him at UK.

You realize he’s already signed his NLI, right? It ain’t as easy as you make sound.

First he’d need to formally request a release. Then USC would have to agree to grant it …which is no guarantee. And only after he’s gotten a release, would UK even be allowed to talk to him. There’s a bit more to it than just “if you want to be at UK then just be at UK.”

But the kid has never said anything to suggest that he wants out of his commitment to USC. Unless and until he does, it seems rather futile to keep debating it.
NLI is completely meaningless these days. Schools don't play hardball on that stuff anymore because it makes them look bad.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT