ADVERTISEMENT

Trent Noah released from NLI

A few twitter sources have been saying for some time someone would enter the portal with the intent of coming to UK and fans would be happy about it.

I'm wonder if this is who they were talking about?
Our fanbase, above most others have nostalgic hearts to a fault. I just hope everyone is patient with he and Perry. Reed was likely the exception, not the rule.

I hear you. Man I really do think we have a chance there. If not, Richmond would be a killer as well. I think we’re talking to a few to make sure we get a couple that would help us. This is just too important to Pope for him to not go out swinging hard. He’s been apart of teams who had 13 plus guys who were all great and could’ve played anywhere else in the country 40 minutes a night. Now he just has to get a couple more to buy into the goal and make it happen. Being here now and especially with the current situation with NIL we have a legitimate shot with just about anyone not going to the league. I’m sure we’ve had to turn more down than most will know because of their agents price gouging. It’s getting close to the point where if they want to play they’ll have to pick a team or stay home. lol. Peterson who you’ve talked about a lot would be a heck of a reclass to. A lot of options from where I’m sitting. lol. i really don’t know anything, I’m just excited brother.
Kadary Richmond is going to St. Johns.

We have SIX guards and the 4 names I hear most that we are pursuing are all guards. I can't believe I am the only one I see expressing the thought that we need some size, for defense at those positions if nothing else. 3 frontcourt players are not enough. I have to believe that the staff are pursuing those kind of players and it's just on the down low. Totally understandable if so, but why are these other names out there if that's the case?
I think they want to keep it quiet because some of our fans actually kill us contacting these guys like they’re helping recruit or something. I hate that more Than anything. I believe Anchor is who they want as the Power forward and he’s a bad man, a scorer, maybe Lanier or Richmond and Robinson or maybe Poplar if Robinson ends up elsewhere. I believe that’s the move. If not those guys, then the closest they can find to them at the positions that’ll fit. My opinion only. We could end up getting anyone else and I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Haha.

No he’s not. He announced something today
10-4. Thanks JFCats. Nice get for them for sure. He’s a great player and it’s a shame he couldn’t stay at Seton Hall. Great coach who’s going to be moving on up after that if he can’t get help to keep his players. This is one thing I hate about the new college world, Kentucky and the big program will be great but the smaller fanbase types are going to struggle. Anyway, big get of the old coache and he’ll make him better I think. Better shape for sure. lol.

I love having one or two KY kids. Even if they are walk ons. Would rather have a KY kid as a walk on over some kid from Moon Township, Pa
Yep I agree. If you’re going to have walk ons why not have Kentucky boys for those spots? The former coach wouldn’t even use the full allotment of scholarships yet he would have friends’ sons as walk ons. I know with the moronic transfer portal now if someone doesn’t play much they will transfer 2 or 3 times before using up their eligibility so Kentucky boys might be more likely to stay, especially with the new coach.

Love the idea of keeping Noah at "home". Turning into quite the religious overtone school if so...

A Sheppard
A Pope (Mormon)
A Missionary (Chandler)
A Noah?

In all seriousness, Noah plays hard and is a knock down shooter who will use his body to bang. Never seen him play scared one bit. With a year of UK strength and conditioning his frame will further support him turning into one physically tough SEC dude. With all the final year players coming on board, we need our depth to be young and hungry. This is a perfect fit, an investment on both sides that will pan out in 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Averaged 30 a game for Harlan Co this past season.
30 and 10 rebounds. 6-6 and can shoot the 3 as well as off the dribble. Will be a good one if we get him. Probably not year 1 (but could see him have a game or two for us).

Love the idea of keeping Noah at home. Turning into quite the religious overtone school if so...

Sheppard
Pope (Mormon)
Noah

In all seriousness, Noah plays hard and is a knock down shooter who will use his body to bang. Never seen him play scared one bit. With a year of UK strength and conditioning his frame will support him turning into one physically tough dude. With all the final year players coming on board, we need our depth to be young and hungry. This is a perfect fit, an investment on both sides that will pan out in 2-3 years.
I couldn't agree more! Fans have been asking for homegrown kids for a while. It'll be nice to see familiar names who care about the front of the jersey. If Pope and his staff can develop them, then I see the fan base buying in more than they already have!

Love the idea of keeping Noah at home. Turning into quite the religious overtone school if so...

Sheppard
Pope (Mormon)
Noah

In all seriousness, Noah plays hard and is a knock down shooter who will use his body to bang. Never seen him play scared one bit. With a year of UK strength and conditioning his frame will support him turning into one physically tough dude. With all the final year players coming on board, we need our depth to be young and hungry. This is a perfect fit, an investment on both sides that will pan out in 2-3 years.
He’s already 6’7” & 215-220. The other numbers were prior to his sr year. In person, he’s so broad. He’s not built like a typical college freshmen.

If Lamont Paris wanted him in Columbia, that is all I need to know. That guy is proving to be a good evaluator of talent, is recruiting for his system, etc. I know UofSC is a lower bar that Kentucky, but I respect Paris for getting players and not focusing on getting NBAers. Plus, we know he coaches a physical brand of ball, so he had to see Noah would fit that mold.

This is not a Paris love letter, but he has managed to keep three of the top in-state prospects "home" since he took over Cocky (Cam Scott being the most recent I believe, keeping him out of Austin). The 10 years prior they struggled to do that as a program. I hope Pope manages to do the same by getting Noah to share a locker-room with Perry.

And Harlan County finished Runner-up in the 2024 State Tournament. Lost in the final game to Travis Perry's Lyon County team.
At the risk of showing too much exuberance .,.. Can you dig it ? ! ? !
I sure can! Too many people forget this is the University of KENTUCKY, not New Jersey Univ, Lexington Campus as Cal apparently believed it to be. Native Kentuckians will expend every oz of energy and sweat they have to uphold the UK tradition. AS an aside Harlan has two legendary connections to UK- it's the home of Wah Wah Jones, UK All American and NCAA champion in 48 and 49 and Cawood Ledford , the beloved voice of the wildcats for over thirty years. Bring him on!

If Lamont Paris wanted him in Columbia, that is all I need to know. That guy is proving to be a good evaluator of talent, is recruiting for his system, etc. I know UofSC is a lower bar that Kentucky, but I respect Paris for getting players and not focusing on getting NBAers. Plus, we know he coaches a physical brand of ball, so he had to see Noah would fit that mold.

This is not a Paris love letter, but he has managed to keep three of the top in-state prospects "home" since he took over Cocky (Cam Scott being the most recent I believe, keeping him out of Austin). The 10 years prior they struggled to do that as a program. I hope Pope manages to do the same by getting Noah to share a locker-room with Perry.
Lamont Paris has my respect for releasing Trent without issue.

He had invested a lot of work to get him.

I hate playing USC really tough team mental and physically now under Pairs leadership

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT