ADVERTISEMENT

Trailer: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

It's amazing how these companies saw Tom cruise make bank on top gun sequel by giving fans exactly what made them love the movie.....then repeatedly do the exact opposite.

It defies any degree of rationale explanation. Are these execs really that stupid?
Yes, but Tom has control over how his movies are made. Harrison has no control like that.

It's amazing how these companies saw Tom cruise make bank on top gun sequel by giving fans exactly what made them love the movie.....then repeatedly do the exact opposite.

It defies any degree of rationale explanation. Are these execs really that stupid?
Ignorance. They think they know what the fans want. These modern movies are just used to push the message nowadays.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Yes, but Tom has control over how his movies are made. Harrison has no control like that.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but can't imagine he has no control. Can't have the movie without him, so he could refuse if the script sucks and/or retain some degree of creative veto.

Ford's done good work on TV this year in 1923 and Shrinking. I don't agree he's just in it for the paycheck. He seems to care more about Indy than SW.

Lol so far outta 28 critic reviews, Indiana Jones is a 50% on rotten Tomatoes. I have a sneaky suspicion audience is going to be in the dirt. Like around 20-30%

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Lowell so far outta 28 critic reviews, Indiana Jones is a 50% on rotten Tomatoes. I have a sneaky suspicion audience is going to be in the dirt. Like around 20-30%
Good minds think alike as I was fixin' to post something similar. I don't trust critics no way near like I used to but reviews have been pretty brutal. I like to have my Indy memories end at The Last Crusade.

Good minds think alike as I was fixin' to post something similar. I don't trust critics no way near like I used to but reviews have been pretty brutal. I like to have my Indy memories end at The Last Crusade.
That’s it man. Crystal skull to me was just another one of those shitty die hard movies they decided to make well after Bruce’s prime.

Yeah but Live Free or Die Hard was AWESOME!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I still can't believe this is a movie and I'm not sure who it's for. The people who grew up with the original trilogy consider that enough for them and already disregarded the fourth film years ago. And I doubt kids are clamoring to watch an 80 year old "perform" stunts as long as Chris Pratt and actors like him exist.

There are solid films out there but a lot of them are a little weird and aren't going to be for the mainstream. Like with music, you can't be afraid to dig a little deeper, because if you just accept what's on the surface, you're going to get stuck with continued franchises and reboots. Kenny Chesney is fine for some, but wouldn't you rather listen to Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers? Another Indiana Jones or Ghostbusters sequel is fine I guess, but wouldn't you rather watch Infinity Pool, The Menu, Pearl, or The Northman? I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Reactions: entropy13
I still can't believe this is a movie and I'm not sure who it's for. The people who grew up with the original trilogy consider that enough for them and already disregarded the fourth film years ago. And I doubt kids are clamoring to watch an 80 year old "perform" stunts as long as Chris Pratt and actors like him exist.

There are solid films out there but a lot of them are a little weird and aren't going to be for the mainstream. Like with music, you can't be afraid to dig a little deeper, because if you just accept what's on the surface, you're going to get stuck with continued franchises and reboots. Kenny Chesney is fine for some, but wouldn't you rather listen to Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers? Another Indiana Jones or Ghostbusters sequel is fine I guess, but wouldn't you rather watch Infinity Pool, The Menu, Pearl, or The Northman? I dunno, maybe that's just me.
Looking forward to The Creator. Looks like it'll be really good and totally different than anything Hollywood has been churning out lately.

I say this as I’m at Disney now… but I will not watch Disney movies anymore until it comes to plus. The parks I enjoy and love seeing my kids love it too. But these movies they’re doing shits all over us as consumers. We made you Disney. Never in the history has Disney been more obsessed with doing remakes and continuing old franchises, just to ruin them and completely flip the script. It’s insanity. They want our kids, but remember who drives the kids to the theaters, buys them Disney+, or pays for their Internet. The ones you’re shitting on.

I’m fine with continuing a series if it’s good.

Toy Story is great. All 4 were good.
Cars 1 was fine. Cars 2 embarrassing. Indiana Jones has now chosen the cars route :(

Looks like Indy might be going out with a whimper. :/

‘Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny’ To Ring Up Around $60M Opening: Here’s Why – Early Box Office Outlook

In the wake of world premiering in Cannes to lackluster film reviews at 50% Rotten, Disney/Lucasfilm’s Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is currently looking at a $60M+ domestic opening.

The movie opens on June 30 heading into what is conceivably a five-day play period given that Independence Day falls on a Tuesday.

Dial of Destiny‘s 3-day is down from the $100.1M 3-day of the last movie, 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull — and this latest sequel reps the finale for the entire franchise. Crystal Skull opened on a Thursday over a Memorial Day weekend earning in total over five days, $151.9M. Logan filmmaker James Mangold took over helming the finale from franchise architect Steven Spielberg. Currently, Dial of Destiny is tracking significantly with older guys over younger, which has many comping he pic to the Daniel Craig 007 finale, No Time to Die ($55.2M) and 2018’s Mission: Impossible – Fallout ($61.2M).

I do profession art and Walt was one of my idols. Went to the park, etc, but I could care less about Disney anyone. They’ve had bomb after bomb and will never learn.

It was fine. Nothing special. It almost came across as one of those cheesy straight to DVD films that they sell at wal mart for $5 that are just crappy knock offs with similar titles. Just better special effects.

This could have been called ‘north Dakota Johnson and the clock of fate’

How Kathleen Kennedy is still running Lucasfilm is beyond me. Also announced this week she’s doubling down with another “Rey” feature as the next SW movie.
Kathleen Kennedy is the Thanos of Disney movie-making, except everything gets annihilated, not just half.

Disney honestly should face a shareholder lawsuit for the destruction she has been permitted to wreck and CONTINUES to be allowed to destroy...

It's insane and she is obviously utterly demented... but still it continues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT