ADVERTISEMENT

Trade Proposal

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Word is that Kevin Love might not be overly happy in Cleveland. Of course all the rumors have him maybe wanting to go to LA.

What is the Lakers traded the #2 pick to the Cavs for Kevin Love?

Then, Cavs draft our guy KAT.

Thoughts?

Wishful thinking?

LA can get Love for some much cheaper compensation than that. I'm not giving the Cavs anything.
LeBron already has 5 extra #1 draft picks coming in the next few years based on other trades.

Love is going to be a free agent. No team would need to trade for him.

What I hope the Lakers do is package the #2 pick to Sacramento and try to land Cousins. If he's looking to force his way out, I hope it's to LA, not Boston.

Reactions: warddr and gossie21
Word is that Kevin Love might not be overly happy in Cleveland. Of course all the rumors have him maybe wanting to go to LA.

Thoughts?

Wishful thinking?
I like the idea just because I would love for KAT to get the chance to play with Lebron. In your scenario, it would mean in two years, Love had been worth a #1 pick in Wiggins and a #2 pick in KAT. Pretty impressive.

If SAC trades Cousins, that would probably make Shaq dilute his interest in that franchise.

I don't think Boston has enough of anything to get that done.

I'd rather see WCS get with Boogie, then go get a PG.

Why would LA do that? They will be rebuilding for a few years and then Love will be too old to be valuable. He doesn't play much D as is and I like KL.

People trade for free agents all the time.

Ever heard of a Sign and Trade?

Lakers are not trading away the #2 pick for Kevin freaking Love. They are not as stupid as Cleveland was to give away Wiggins for a one year rental of Love.

The Lakers will get Love as a FA (if they even want him) and draft whoever they want at the #2 pick.

People trade for free agents all the time.

Ever heard of a Sign and Trade?

Sign and trades are done to make the salary cap work. L.A. has cap space. Why give away an asset when they can just sign Love for free?

Are you a Cleveland fan who is just hoping? Cavs were dumb to trade Wiggins without getting a long-term commitment upfront from Love.

Reactions: king of cali
If SAC trades Cousins, that would probably make Shaq dilute his interest in that franchise.

I don't think Boston has enough of anything to get that done

I'd rather see WCS get with Boogie, then go get a PG.

Boston has 10 possible first round picks from 2015-18. Next year they have the Nets unprotected first round pick.

Reactions: KMKAT
Yeah the KAT to Cleveland scenario makes zero sense. On top of that, they aren't trading the #2 pick for anything short of a superstar in his early to mid 20s.

No chance it happens at all. If Towns isn't the pick I would not be shocked to see LA trade with NY though.

LA has Randle and seemed thrilled with him before his injury so Okafor doesn't fit really like Towns would have. But if they could trade with NY and pick up an extra piece a guy like Mudiay would be perfect. Then sign someone with all that cap space.

No chance it happens at all. If Towns isn't the pick I would not be shocked to see LA trade with NY though.

LA has Randle and seemed thrilled with him before his injury so Okafor doesn't fit really like Towns would have. But if they could trade with NY and pick up an extra piece a guy like Mudiay would be perfect. Then sign someone with all that cap space.

Okafor is a great low post center that can score like a boss. I'm not sure why the Lakers would not want that to go with Randle (who is coming off a major injury and I doubt starts from day 1 anyways). I could see the Lakers going guard though, but not because Okafor does not work.

Disagree. Randle hasn't shown anything in an NBA game to make the Lakers say "we're good with Randle we don't need Okafor." He may never become an elite rim protector, but dude is gonna be able to score from day 1.

The Lakers are going to draft Okafor. Towns will be gone at #1. Don't see how you could pass him up. Okafor and Randle as your 5 and 4 of the future is pretty damn good. Randle can initiate offense for himself off the dribble as well as work in that elbow area. Okafor is also a great low post passer and will probably command a double team in a couple years. I think they will work well together but I would love to see a Towns-Randle frontcourt!

Yeah the KAT to Cleveland scenario makes zero sense. On top of that, they aren't trading the #2 pick for anything short of a superstar in his early to mid 20s.

Kevin Love is 25 years old and has averaged 19 and 12 for his career.

He'd be the best big man they've had since Shaq.

Kevin Love is 25 years old and has averaged 19 and 12 for his career.

He'd be the best big man they've had since Shaq.

Um, no. Gasol is better than Love. And i still wouldn't give up an asset like Towns or Okafor to get him. Thank God they can sign him outright.

Thoughts?

Wishful thinking?
That would be idiotic. Towns and Okafor are both better than Love in the long run. Are you a Buc's fan?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT