PJ Washington 12/7/3
Melo 18/6/13
Bridges 28/5/2
B. Miller 27/5/2

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fox2monk
He was clearly talking about the team.
He was talking about KAT. He benched him at the 4 minute mark he only played 50 seconds after that. KAT was -16 and 2/10 from the field in the 4th quarter. His shot hunting caused his team to lose to a terrible Hornets team. Coach had every right to bench him and blast him. Team has to come first.

I will say Edwards was terrible tonight and deserves some of the blame as well.

The NBA is just ridiculous right now and not necessarily in a good way.

Some guy named Sam Merrill scored 20 points in the first half tonight.

Reactions: Fox2monk and ORCAT
He was talking about KAT. He benched him at the 4 minute mark he only played 50 seconds after that. KAT was -16 and 2/10 from the field in the 4th quarter. His shot hunting caused his team to lose to a terrible Hornets team. Coach had every right to bench him and blast him. Team has to come first.

KAT is the only player in history to get shit on after dropping 62 points on 60% shooting.

If Anthony Edwards dropped 62 and took the exact same shots, and KAT went 3-11 KAT would get shit on and Anthony Edwards would be praised. Nothing comes before the narrative these days.

When a guy has 43 at the balf, 58 going into the 4th, i WANT him hunting shots.

He looked gassed though. But blaming the L on him is kind of crazy.

Reactions: grevey35

He didn’t cause his team to lose. 21-35 fg thats 60% for the game... Kat was the only damn reason they were in the game.. they'd lost by 20 without him. McDaniels and Edwards shot like 30% .....that along with bad defense is why they lost.

Embiid was 24-41 for the night for 58% ... Was Embiid playing immature? whats the difference...... difference was that the surrounding cast of Embiid did their damn job and helped Embiid win.

Yeah, the highest level of basketball played anywhere in the world is a joke. It sucks seeing amazing athletes perform at the highest level.
Yet these amazing athletes performing at the highest level can no longer play defense. I don't want to go back to the rock fights of the late 90s and early 2000s but this is just as bad as the steroid era of baseball. Might as well put an asterisk beside the names of today's players when it comes to the record books.

He didn’t cause his team to lose. 21-35 fg thats 60% for the game... Kat was the only damn reason they were in the game.. they'd lost by 20 without him. McDaniels and Edwards shot like 30% .....that along with bad defense is why they lost.

Embiid was 24-41 for the night for 58% ... Was Embiid playing immature? whats the difference...... difference was that the surrounding cast of Embiid did their damn job and helped Embiid win.
Not blaming KAT for the loss but KAT's teammates shot 47% last night while Embiid's teammates only shot 43%.

The coach was also taking KAT out late in the game due to his bad defense.

Yet these amazing athletes performing at the highest level can no longer play defense. I don't want to go back to the rock fights of the late 90s and early 2000s but this is just as bad as the steroid era of baseball. Might as well put an asterisk beside the names of today's players when it comes to the record books.
I think you're confusing unstoppable offensive players and bad defense. Nobody being able to guard Embiid or Jokic or Giannis or Doncic etc. one on one does not mean the defense is bad; it just means some of the players in the NBA just can't be guarded by anybody. The NBA greats of the past would not be able to guard them either. The best and most sophisticated defenses in the world are in the NBA. Anybody that thinks better defense is being played in college or any other pro league doesn't know what they're seeing.

Reactions: DreadLox
Saw some of the Chris Finch and Kat interviews. A lot of we's from Finch and KAT completely agreed. It seems the tweet I posted got way ahead of itself.

I think you're confusing unstoppable offensive players and bad defense. Nobody being able to guard Embiid or Jokic or Giannis or Doncic etc. one on one does not mean the defense is bad; it just means some of the players in the NBA just can't be guarded by anybody. The NBA greats of the past would not be able to guard them either. The best and most sophisticated defenses in the world are in the NBA. Anybody that thinks better defense is being played in college or any other pro league doesn't know what they're seeing.
You believe the only reason this is happening is because today's players are unstoppable when it comes to scoring? Almost every rule instituted by the NBA over nearly the past 20 years has been to help offenses and to stifle defenses. Posted this here before but you should watch this video.

Yeah, the modern player is not as good at defending 7 footers shooting 30 foot step back 3’s as they were in the 80’s and 90’s.

• Haha
Reactions: ukfan1622
You believe the only reason this is happening is because today's players are unstoppable when it comes to scoring? Almost every rule instituted by the NBA over nearly the past 20 years has been to help offenses and to stifle defenses. Posted this here before but you should watch this video.

I didn't say the rules hadn't changed favoring offense. Of course that is a factor and it's one I considered. Why would I argue about today's game under years past rules?

What I thought I was saying and am saying is "under the rules of the game, as they are today having been changed in various ways to produce more scoring, the NBA stars are practically unguardable one on one by even the best defenders in the world". It's easy to watch a player score with ease and think the defender is bad but in the NBA it is more likely the offense was just great. Remember they're not allowed to guard people the way the old Pistons and Bulls did; all but 4 of your players would foul out by halftime.

Yeah, the modern player is not as good at defending 7 footers shooting 30 foot step back 3’s as they were in the 80’s and 90’s.
Of course BB has changed and players are more skilled than players in the 50s, 60s or 70s. But when you eliminate hand checking and the ability to actually guard your opponent, it becomes a game changer.

Why haven't we seen a huge offensive explosion in college BB? NFL players are also more skilled now but why don't you see offenses going off in football these days?

And I'll ask again, if NBA players are so unstoppable why has the NBA constantly changed the rules over the past 20 years to benefit offenses and handcuff defenses?

Here’s an interesting ESPN blurb entitled, “Wolves-Hornets game had 10 missed calls in final 2 minutes”
“…Three of the incorrect calls favored Minnesota and six favored Charlotte, including a missed shooting foul that would've given Karl-Anthony Towns a chance to give the Timberwolves a lead with less than five seconds left….”

Charlotte was so excited about beating a first place team on Monday they lost to the wurst team in the NBA tonight, the Detroit Pistons.

But Nick Richards is back and had 21/10 for Charlotte in a losing effort.

KAT not going ballistic a week later but Wolves are winning @half by 2 over OKC.
KAT 12/4/1
Edwards 13/3/2
SGA 13/0/4

Hell of a Clippers/Cavs game although Cleveland has pulled ahead by 10 in a great and much closer game for 3 quarters. The old Men from LA might be tiring out. Mobley is back after missing 7 weeks. Okoro and LeVert have looked good for the Cavs. Mitchell and Leonard, dominant. Harden looks old but still 11/5/9.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaudyshaud
Clippers cut the lead to 5 under 3:00 left. Mitchell missed a pair of FT and Leonard with 30.
Defense in the NBA, almost the whole game, and it's still 112-108.
AND 1 LAC.
Mitchell jumper
Powell missed 3 LAC
Allen AND 1 Cavs by 8!
You can tell they're playing hard. Nobody is making FT's right now.
Cavs 118
LAC 108

Last edited:
Suns big 3 of Booker, Durant and Beal in a big road win vs Miami.
PTS 61
REB 21
AST 21
Eric Gordon also with 23 pts.

KAT 21/10/6 in a big road win @ OKC
Edwards 27/4/4
SGA 37/7/8

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT