ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Ziesmer

He had a serious leg injury last week in practice. Will be having surgery tomorrow morning. I was told 2 months but I believe it will be longer. He was running with the 1’s before the injury
Defensive end?

if it was "with the ones", my guess is either
1. he was running with the ones (as in stepped in for Deone but the ones were still on the field)

or

2. he was at the DE spot opposite Walker
Stoops mentioned in last week's PC that "due to existing injuries we're having to get creative in the DL to scrimmage." Mentioned Gadson/Gilbert getting extra reps. Ziesmer is undersized for DT, built more like a DE. Is a depth piece, hope he heals fast.

he was playing defensive tackle with the first team when the injury happende

I am very sorry to hear about the injury. Hate to see this, and and hope he recovers quickly. An effort player for sure. But Deone Walker is our 1st team DT, just to clarify that part. Running nonstarters through the first team in the spring happens a lot. Spring is a time when all hands are on deck and everyone gets a look. Not diminishing anyone.

I like Tommy Zeismer and his potential…but he’s not running first team over Deonne Walker
He was getting first team snaps in practice just like Patterson is at RB. Just means they earned the right to get a sniff with the best players in order to further gauge if they are ready for that level yet. Doesn't necessarily mean they supplanted anyone.

He was getting first team snaps in practice just like Patterson is at RB. Just means they earned the right to get a sniff with the best players in order to further gauge if they are ready for that level yet. Doesn't necessarily mean they supplanted anyone.
Guess I shouldn't be surprised bit I continue to be amazed how little many understand the game of football and how coaches identify talent and who plays andbwhen.

If they quoted 2 mos then it seems like it’s a broken bone. Usually takes 8-10 weeks if no complications happen. Hopefully that’s the case and he’s back by fall practice.

Just missing out on weights could be a set back.

Reactions: lz
Guess I shouldn't be surprised bit I continue to be amazed how little many understand the game of football and how coaches identify talent and who plays andbwhen.
Guess I, or anyone else, shouldn’t be surprised by the lack of spelling or understanding coherent sentences either… I’ll hang up and keep listening to the deep insight you think you have. 🤔.

Deone is hurt so someone has to be playing with the 1s. Doubt that they are leaving a gap and pretending that Deone is being a beast! 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I get it. I grew up an FSU football fan in FL because my dad played ball there. I had never watched a basketball game, other than the Globetrotters, until I moved to Lexington in Jr High. I like UK basketball, but I love ALL football. When I lived in Miami, my pop and I would pick a random HS football game to go watch most weekends, so I learned to love and understand the nuance of the sport. My Lexington friends said they loved watching football with me because I see things they would never notice. I suspect there are a lot of UK fans that are that way with basketball. Unfortunately, maybe because they aren't alumni etc, they just loved basketball because they won so much and they chose not to follow football until now, so they may have a novice eye for the game. I never understood loving only one sport for a school. I'll watch the women's softball or soccer games if I see them on the SEC network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT