ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Luncheon???

I was there. Nice meal provided and 4 coaches spoke for a bit. Great turnout as the place was pretty packed and most everyone was in a very optimistic and upbeat mood about the season. It was a fun way to kick off the season early (I was with friends which made if more fun) but not much of anything new presented. We were all rather disappointed that they didn't have much of anything about the new stadium regarding updates, pics/video, etc. which they could have done and get people a bit more excited about. We went out to the stadium afterwards and got lucky to get a little personal tour inside the stadium by one of the hard hat guys out there. Very nice fella. What we saw looked pretty nice but it sure looked like they have a long way to go before the first game. Lots of stuff still torn up and they were just putting in a concession stand (I mean just beginning) by the front entrance to the stadium. Lots of junk piled up inside the corridors and corridor flooring was still a total mess yet. That's about all I can tell you. I did enjoy the luncheon but I wouldn't say it was anything spectacular, just fun to be among other UK fans getting excited about the upcoming season.

I was there. Nice meal provided and 4 coaches spoke for a bit. Great turnout as the place was pretty packed and most everyone was in a very optimistic and upbeat mood about the season. It was a fun way to kick off the season early (I was with friends which made if more fun) but not much of anything new presented. We were all rather disappointed that they didn't have much of anything about the new stadium regarding updates, pics/video, etc. which they could have done and get people a bit more excited about. We went out to the stadium afterwards and got lucky to get a little personal tour inside the stadium by one of the hard hat guys out there. Very nice fella. What we saw looked pretty nice but it sure looked like they have a long way to go before the first game. Lots of stuff still torn up and they were just putting in a concession stand (I mean just beginning) by the front entrance to the stadium. Lots of junk piled up inside the corridors and corridor flooring was still a total mess yet. That's about all I can tell you. I did enjoy the luncheon but I wouldn't say it was anything spectacular, just fun to be among other UK fans getting excited about the upcoming season.

Athletics department definitely needs to do more to reward our fans for their loyalty..no excuse for not having a full-scale quality presentation, etc when you have a multi-million dollar revenue earner like football that is the most important/profitable program at your university (which represents an entire state)..this is the difference between giving a 70% effort for football, and 100%..the stuff that makes a house a home are the details like this..programs like Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn (every SEC program but us and Vandy) make a production out of these kind of things..we should accept no less from Mitch Barnhart if he's being honest about wanting to compete with and beat those schools..this feels like another area where we do "just enough" instead of going all out like we should (and like we're capable of).."just enough" doesn't get it done in the SEC..never has, never will..the only way these things will change is if we hold the people at the top accountable..our fans who have stuck with this program through thick and thin *deserve* a 100% commitment from our athletics department in everything football-related..not just a 70% effort that's "just enough" to get the job done..people notice (and care about) the details

Last edited:
Reactions: woodson991
ADVERTISEMENT