ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on tonight's thumping in Starkville

Dan Mullen stated recently any SEC team MUST be at least three deep in quality players at nearly every position to compete. Case in point, Damien Hood is third string at Alabama where he has several years to develop. Our team is two deep at most positions with good though young players. Otherwise we are thin and inexperienced. The process will take a minimum five years to produce an 8+ win season.

At this point, we are looking squarely at 5-7 or 6-6. 7-5 remains a possibility if a miracle upset occurred between UT or UGA. Vandy will be tougher than originally thought and could upset UK. Charlotte is the only near certain win and UofL is definitely a toss up.
The only Damien Hood I've heard of played for UK about 8 years ago. I'm sure you meant Damien Harris..

Without Hatcher we just couldn't seem to get any sort of pass rush without bringing extra rushers. It sounds like a broken record but we simply got beat too much up front, especially on the defensive side. Being minus two primary starters probably had a lot to do with that.

I credit MSU they have a nice team and played extremely well. They took advantage of every weakness we had.

Yep. Bad matchup schematically for us. Then add all the injuries, and it was sure to be a long night for the D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT