ADVERTISEMENT

Thon Maker - HoopHall Classic 2016

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
THON MAKERAthlete Institute (Orangeville, ON; Canada); 2016 PF; 7’-0”; 205; 5-Star; 247Sports rank 12; Strong lean to Bobby Hurley’s Arizona State at this time – 1/16/2016 lost to Findlay College Prep (Henderson, NV) 59–73: FG 4/13; 3’s 2/4; FT 6/6; Reb 8; PF 3; TP 16; A 1; TO 1; Blk 10; Stl 1 – Seems to have picked up some weight since last year, but could stand to gain another 20 lbs. of muscle for the college game. On D played in the middle of the 2-3 zone where he accumulated 10 blocks! On offense he plays his 7’ out on the wing. I’m seeing more and more of these tall kids wanting to play outside and shoot the 3. Why? When he gets the ball on the wing he tends to hold the ball too long before shooting or passing. The game just stops as he holds it. As the defense focuses on him I would have expected more than 1 assist from Thon. With his height he should see his open teammates (assuming they moved instead of standing there watching Thon). Calipari would probably want him to play inside on offense, so I don’t expect Thon to have much interest in Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT